So What's On the Menu Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we're having hot wings! Not sure what else, though maybe salad if we have stuff for salad.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh...and we're having Chinese take-out. I finally found a place that has sweet & sour spare ribs. They are hard to find around here.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I had bought a turkey at Christmas and took it out to thaw earlier this week. I'll be cooking it later.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

I made pasties!! WOO! I LOVE pasties, I'm so excited. I dont make them often becaues it's sort of a big production and I tend to stuff myself on them until they're gone because I love them so much. But I made a bunch and I've still got about two batches to bake so yay! Can't wait until the next batch is done. The first several batches were potato, carrot, onion and corn, the last two batches will be without the carrot. When I was in Cornwall there was a pasty shop where I bought potato and onion (maybe cheese too?) pasties, mine don't measure up at all but it reminds me of good times!
Oh my!!! I LOVE Pasties!!! Best part of my trip to England, LOL! Do you put parsnip in them? I've found that is the best way to get a very authentic taste. Do you use meat? My mom used to use hamburger, but last time I made them I made them with minced steak or some such, and it was much better!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was thinking about Chinese for tonight but decided to cook at home instead so tonight...Grilled Chicken Breast, Caesar Salad, and Green Beans. For dessert some fresh strawberries and vanilla yogurt.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The kids are busy tonight, so we're getting a veal fix. Stepson's SO doesn't do veal -- the only thing she doesn't, so I'm more than happy to accommodate that, and DH and I just get our fix when it's "just US"

Veal Tarragon, tomato/avocado/mango salad, gnocchi with fresh herbs. Fresh pineapple for dessert.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight we just had sandwiches, but tomorrow we're having whole wheat penne pasta with a homemade tomato sauce and some chicken. Was supposed to be tonights dinner but we had to go to Jon's mom because of the storms.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I have to work until after 4 I am thinking something quick and easy...
Bratwurst on a Bun with A Garden Salad sounds good..

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pickerel, mashed potatoes and frozen veggies. I don't really feel up to cooking, but I saw pickerel on sale at Safeway yesterday when I went to pick up my prescription and couldn't resist. So now I have to cook it before it starts to smell.

I'm taking the lazy way out though! I bought the mashed potatoes in the deli and I'm cooking the fish in tin foil in the oven. So I'll put some potatoes on a plate, add some frozen veggies and nuke it. When I'm done I'll only have a plate to stick in the dishwasher!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soaking a cedar plank to grill salmon. Probably going to go with a balsamic vinegarette, garlic, dill, and lemon slices on the salmon. Or maybe Dijon Mustard & brown sugar instead.....haven't decided yet.

With that I'm making a BIG salad of Field Greens, with sliced mushrooms, avocado, radishes, cuke, carrots, red onion and whatever I find to throw in.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by spudsmom

Soaking a cedar plank to grill salmon. Probably going to go with a balsamic vinegarette, garlic, dill, and lemon slices on the salmon. Or maybe Dijon Mustard & brown sugar instead.....haven't decided yet.

With that I'm making a BIG salad of Field Greens, with sliced mushrooms, avocado, radishes, cuke, carrots, red onion and whatever I find to throw in.
that sounds so wonderful!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is certainly chicken soup weather here today so that is what I am going to make a nice pot of chicken soup...

Status
Not open for further replies.