So What's On the Menu Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

A massive sald consisting of baby jersey royal potatoes, iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions, sliced hard boiled egg, honey roast ham and dollops of coleslaw
That sounds delicious. What are baby jersey royal potatoes? Never mind I just googled them and they certainly have a great write-up on the benefits and nutrients of these potatoes. Apparently they are the favourite potatoes of the UK. Being a potato lover, I'd love to try them.

Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Shish n Fips. I'm braindead today.
At our house we are all about Tarzan and call this Finch and Chimps.

I did a Ham and Noodle Casserole last night, which was yummy then and is still yummy for lunch today.

Today is our 19th Anniversary, and we're going out for dinner. We have an early evening commitment, and then a 9:00 pm reservation at The Red Door Click on "Our Cuisine" to see menus. I love this place! Whatever else is on the table (it's ALL wonderful) there will surely be some Shaking Beef.
Happy 19th Anniversary. Have a wonderful dinner and evening out!

We are going to our local eatery tonight. We don't eat out often but this place is to die for. The couple that own it make everything on-site from scratch and from lovely fresh ingredients. He used to be a cook in the Canadian Navy and has cooked for Queen Elizabeth, Philip and Princess Diana so you can imagine how good his food must be! As hubby says, we've never had anything there yet that we didn't love. He certainly has a way with food to make it taste wonderful.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Happy Anniversary Fran!

That place looks delicious.
Oh, yes!

Originally Posted by Yosemite

Happy 19th Anniversary. Have a wonderful dinner and evening out!

We are going to our local eatery tonight. We don't eat out often but this place is to die for. The couple that own it make everything on-site from scratch and from lovely fresh ingredients. He used to be a cook in the Canadian Navy and has cooked for Queen Elizabeth, Philip and Princess Diana so you can imagine how good his food must be! As hubby says, we've never had anything there yet that we didn't love. He certainly has a way with food to make it taste wonderful.
Impressive credentials! Bon appetit!

Thank you both for good wishes.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken broth and crackers for me tonight. Just recovering from a 48 hour bug of some kind so my poor old tummy can't handle much else.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Chicken broth and crackers for me tonight. Just recovering from a 48 hour bug of some kind so my poor old tummy can't handle much else.
Those bugs are the pits! Hope your tum is feeling better soon.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fran: Happy Anniversary! I love Asian food, and The Red Door looks wonderful. Plus you don't have to cook and clean up!

Linda- is the place you're talking about Aubergine by any chance?

Tonight I'm on my lonesome as DH is out golfing, but I'm enjoying a striploin steak, garden salad and baked potato all washed down with Leffe Belgium beer.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Fran: Happy Anniversary! I love Asian food, and The Red Door looks wonderful. Plus you don't have to cook and clean up!

Tonight I'm on my lonesome as DH is out golfing, but I'm enjoying a striploin steak, garden salad and baked potato all washed down with Leffe Belgium beer.
That sounds more than satisfactory!
Thanks for good wishes.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Am feeling much better today and seem to be getting my appetite back a bit. Still not ready for anything to heavy though so I am thinking about some grilled chicken on a bun...

I just had a glass of strawberry/banana V8 fusion and I will tell you after 3 days of flat gingerale ale, weak tea and water that tasted pretty good.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, the Red Door did us proud. The Shaking Beef was as awesome as always, and the Chili Crusted Calamari, Bangalore Chicken Curry, Pad Thai, Buddha's Feast and Fiery Eggplant were all pretty darned fine as well. (Rob and I did not eat all of that ourselves -- Jr&SO and a good friend joined us.) We declined the dessert menu as we had no idea where we'd put anything else.

Whatever I serve tonight will be a come down from that, but that's OK. I'll see how much effort I feel like making later on, and let that govern what I pull out of the freezer.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

(Rob and I did not eat all of that ourselves -- Jr&SO and a good friend joined us.)
I'm glad you mentioned that as I would be astonished if you two had packed all that away yourselves!
I like sharing a big Asian meal and trying a bit of everything.

Tonight we had a frozen pizza that tasted like buttered cardboard. We're off to a party soon so we're hoping the snacks there will fill us up!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

You are probably thinking of Le Vielle Auberge and not the restaurant I was telling you about. The one we love is called Teaberry Cafe. The Auberge closed a couple years ago but had a wonderful reputation when it was operating. The owner (a great Swiss chef) has come back and re-opened it as "Heaven on 7" and it is now more "pub like" although some of the food is above pub fare. My husband's band plays there the first Friday of every month. This month they are playing there on May 29 as well.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Think I am going to do roast beef with all the trimmings for dinner tonight. After not eating much the last several days because of my stomach bug my appetite seems to have returned full-force.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Think I am going to do roast beef with all the trimmings for dinner tonight. After not eating much the last several days because of my stomach bug my appetite seems to have returned full-force.
That should satisfy its need to get back into business.
Can I come?

Well, on second thought, it'd be tight getting back in time for work tomorrow
so I guess I'll stay with Plan A and do baked ham and cheese rolls. They'll be fine with a little salad tonight, and depending on how piggy we are will also do one or two lunches.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom is cooking her vodka pasta tonight
We'll also probably have some bread and bruschetta.

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our local meat market does their own corned beef, I picked one up and we slow cooked it all afternoon, now that it's dinner time, we aren't hungry

We'll slice it up later tonight and make some sandwiches with swiss cheese. Yummy!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had honey nut cheerios for dinner.

I had a late lunch though, the rest of my cashew chicken chinese food the shelter bought us for lunch yesterday and an egg roll it was good.

oh and they have hot & sour soup I ordered too but I didn't like it. Too dang spicy.

Status
Not open for further replies.