Secret Santa Discussion Thread 2011!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now that I really am finished with my online shopping, I have to wait for what I've ordered to come in before I can ship!  That's okay...I have it on good authority that my Santee is a patient person.  :flail:   I just have too much fun with Secret Santa.  :devilish:
With this group patience is not a virtue so you might be a little misinformed :bigwink:

Also folks, I am going to be sending out e-mails this weekend asking for a little status update on where you are with your SS plans. With the platform switch things are a little hectic around here and there have been some participants who have been a little absent, so I want to make sure everyone is on track. It's nothing personal, everyone will be getting the same e-mail. Thanks!

Last edited:

milk maid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just got to get one more thing and then I am ready to post 
 so off to a christmas craft market this week end with Jenny I am sure I will find something really nice there

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I havent poppped in for a while but quick update....Im almost ready to ship to my SS. Only a couple minor things to get right now and then wrapping it all up. I have been feeling quite yucky so Im happy that I started early or Id be kicking myself in the butt!!!!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With this group patience is not a virtue so you might be a little misinformed

No,
 I'm pretty sure my Santee said they wanted "only lots and lots of llama stuff" and to please ship as late as possible because "patience is a virtue."  Or something to that effect; I'm paraphrasing here. 

I havent poppped in for a while but quick update....Im almost ready to ship to my SS. Only a couple minor things to get right now and then wrapping it all up. I have been feeling quite yucky so Im happy that I started early or Id be kicking myself in the butt!!!
Hope you feel better soon.   

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With this group patience is not a virtue so you might be a little misinformed :bigwink:

No, :scratch:  I'm pretty sure my Santee said they wanted "only lots and lots of llama stuff" and to please ship as late as possible because "patience is a virtue."  Or something to that effect; I'm paraphrasing here.  :lol:

:funpst:
:lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3:

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I need a bigger box
  I had thought that this year would be much, just sticking to the limit, but................. I have found some great stuff for bargains.

I need to put the finishing touches on my package(s) and get it in the mail soon to avoid any postal delays, or having to pay for the more expensive mail.

Sorry Santee, I haven't been able to use the misdirection service this year.... so just ignore the return label.... please? And just guess by the items in the package ;)

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I made a portion of another present today. It involved a compound miter saw. Woohoo!!!!!

(I love power tools)
I am scared to death of saws :lol3:

Attention everyone, please check your e-mail for an important message from your...coordinator :lol:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I need a bigger box
  I had thought that this year would be much, just sticking to the limit, but................. I have found some great stuff for bargains.

I need to put the finishing touches on my package(s) and get it in the mail soon to avoid any postal delays, or having to pay for the more expensive mail.

Sorry Santee, I haven't been able to use the misdirection service this year.... so just ignore the return label.... please? And just guess by the items in the package ;)
I know what you mean about the bigger box.  Unless I leave out the chocolate....

It is in the mail
I shall be watching for it! 

I made a portion of another present today. It involved a compound miter saw. Woohoo!!!!!
(I love power tools)
Would love to try a compound miter saw.  Even though I don't know what it is, it sounds good. 
  I shall wear safety goggles!

I am scared to death of saws

Attention everyone, please check your e-mail for an important message from your...coordinator
Message received and answered. 

Last edited:

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Got the e-mail!  I will be wrapping it all tonight and getting it in the mail on Monday!  I am soooo excited!!!!  :)

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am almost there! All the online stuff has arrived, I have bought/made some other stuff and I am going to a Christmas market tomorrow to see if anything there catches my eye with reference to my special person. I even found the perfect wrapping paper! But oh dear, I am not sure if I have a box that is big enough - I might have to leave some stuff out!!!!

Last edited:

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy- I've got to get shopping! :O I am not even nearly done, but I have pretty much finished my handmade projects. Now is time to HIT THE STORE! I wish my SS posted on here more. :( She has only made one post since posting in the hints thread! Oh well, I know enough from that. :lol3: I must get to work!

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh boy- I've got to get shopping! :O I am not even nearly done, but I have pretty much finished my handmade projects. Now is time to HIT THE STORE! I wish my SS posted on here more.
She has only made one post since posting in the hints thread! Oh well, I know enough from that.
I must get to work!
Oh....I'm sorry.....I'll try to post more!  :D

Things have been really really hectic around here......and after the new site came up I have had problems, which might be my very ill computers foult, but when I try to open threads on TCS, it takes my computer ages to open them and meanwhile everything else freezes and quite often everything keeps frozen, so if I am in the middle of something I don't take the chance to open a thread.

Does anyone else know that problem, or is it just my computer?  Maybe I should try and make a thread and ask, maybe not everyone reads this thread. :)

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Well, I had all my SS shopping done and everything I ordered online arrived.  So all that was left to do was pack it up and ship it out.  Then I went to the church Christmas bazaar this morning.
  I just had to get a _______ of _______ _______ for the furkids, and then I found _____ ________ _________ that is just perfect for my Santee!  And that was after spending only about 15 minutes there.  I had to leave before I blew my entire Christmas budget.

So now I really am through shopping.  Just have to make the ________ ________ and the package should be on its way. 

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh boy- I've got to get shopping! :O I am not even nearly done, but I have pretty much finished my handmade projects. Now is time to HIT THE STORE! I wish my SS posted on here more.
She has only made one post since posting in the hints thread! Oh well, I know enough from that.
I must get to work!
Hmm...I don't think you're my Santa, because I post on here all the time.  

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My poor santee has to wait until after Thanksgiving for me to get the majority of his/her gifts done, I have a craft fair on the 26th I NEED to get ready for!  I'm hoping to find a thing of two there for my Santee though so it will be a wait thats worth while!