Secret Santa Discussion Thread 2011!!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The gift I ordered on Etsy came today and I am really tickled with it.  I am not good with arts and crafts, but I am glad there are people who are.  I really hope my Santee likes it; it's what I consider the "main" person gift. 
 Here's a major hint:  it's from New Orleans.   I am starting to worry that the other item I ordered isn't coming.  Good thing I have a back-up plan. 

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're working on SS today! We might even start wrapping! I say we, as the kitties will definately be helping!  Molly will be jumping all over the paper, and Roxy will be supervising. So, santee, sorry for all the fur that will be in the tape!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're working on SS today! We might even start wrapping! I say we, as the kitties will definately be helping!  Molly will be jumping all over the paper, and Roxy will be supervising. So, santee, sorry for all the fur that will be in the tape! :lol3:
A present isn't a real present unless there is cat hair stuck in the tape! :nod:

Just remind your friends and family of that fact and you'll be OK.

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything is wrapped and ready to be mailed out tomorrow!!  Can't believe there is a month left before Christmas, time sure is flying!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got everything wrapped today and got everything ready to ship except 1 present where I didn't have a box that would fit it. Not to fear, I'll start shipping over the weekend and have most of it to you shortly.

The question will become: will you remain on the light side, or will your dark side take over? I know what your furkids will vote for!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a good question.
I'm typically a dark sider, but am seriously considering torturing my Santa this year by being a light sider. Actually, not so much torture my Santa, but to have presents to open on Christmas. It will be a quiet Christmas for us this year.
Same here. Not going to be much of a Christmas this year for various reasons so I will probably wait until Christmas morning to open mine. Unless the boys get a hold of it. Riley and Xander are firmly entrenched in the dark side. Naughty kitties :lol3:

The gift I ordered on Etsy came today and I am really tickled with it.  I am not good with arts and crafts, but I am glad there are people who are.  I really hope my Santee likes it; it's what I consider the "main" person gift.  :clap:  Here's a major hint:  it's from New Orleans.   I am starting to worry that the other item I ordered isn't coming.  Good thing I have a back-up plan.  :hide:
I'm still waiting for something I ordered to arrive too. Starting to get worried!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spent yesterday working on prezzies and it involved thread, one sharp (ouch) needle, some bling, and a quick setting glue.
(Now to wait for my skin to slough off so I can get rid of the excess cat hair. :rolleyes: )

Today I got out the pretty boxes for the prezzies. Such pretty boxes...

I was going to wrap the presents today, :present: then realized that my camera battery is dead and I wanted to take some pictures :pix: before I wrap the hand made goodies. OK, so all I have to wrap so far are hand made goodies. I realized this morning :doh3: that I still have to shop for c-h-o-c-o-l-a-t-e :drool: and kitty treats. :Kitty Food:
:wait: for the battery to finish charging......... :sigh:
Good idea since I don't have a camera. :D Oh, and send plenty of c-h-o-c-o-l-a-t-e.!! :yummy:

I got everything wrapped today and got everything ready to ship except 1 present where I didn't have a box that would fit it. Not to fear, I'll start shipping over the weekend and have most of it to you shortly.
The question will become: will you remain on the light side, or will your dark side take over? I know what your furkids will vote for!
You know me, Amy. I am firmly on the Dark Side! (The kitties are, too. )

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh, I'll open it right away....have no fear, haha

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're working on SS today! We might even start wrapping! I say we, as the kitties will definately be helping!  Molly will be jumping all over the paper, and Roxy will be supervising. So, santee, sorry for all the fur that will be in the tape!
No problem at all! 

Everything is wrapped and ready to be mailed out tomorrow!!  Can't believe there is a month left before Christmas, time sure is flying!!
Can't wait 'til it gets here! 

Daisy
 is definitely on the darkside.  Speck just watches her with this shocked expression on his face.  Sort of like this...

Same here. Not going to be much of a Christmas this year for various reasons so I will probably wait until Christmas morning to open mine. Unless the boys get a hold of it. Riley and Xander are firmly entrenched in the dark side. Naughty kitties

I'm still waiting for something I ordered to arrive too. Starting to get worried!
My other order still isn't here!  I thought for sure it would be here today.  I ordered it on November 11th.

Spent yesterday working on prezzies and it involved thread, one sharp (ouch) needle, some bling, and a quick setting glue.
(Now to wait for my skin to slough off so I can get rid of the excess cat hair.
)
Today I got out the pretty boxes for the prezzies. Such pretty boxes...
Good idea since I don't have a camera.
Oh, and send plenty of c-h-o-c-o-l-a-t-e.!!

You know me, Amy. I am firmly on the Dark Side! (The kitties are, too. )
Plenty of chocolate??? 

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know this is the second time I've posted in a row.  Wonder if I'm answering my ownself
 or hijacking the Secret Santa Thread? 
  But I have a dilemma and need advice.  I am finished with my shopping except for the human treats.  However, there is a craft show coming up that I will be attending.  I was planning to ship before the show, but I might see something cute there that my Santee would like.  I talked to my friend who has relatives in the very same country, state, province, group of islands, amusement park, lighthouse where my Santee lives.  She says the pressies would still arrive in time using my faithful shipping method.  They would just arrive closer to Christmas.  I was hoping some Santees would weigh in on this and help me make my decision.  Also, how do Santees feel about packages that may require a signature?  I was thinking about getting insurance or doing certified delivery this year, but don't want to cause my Santee an unwanted trip to the post office.  Any advice is welcome and appreciated; I am all stressed out about making the gravy for Thanksgiving again this year and it is troubling me at the moment. 

Last edited:

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I guess there are four options:

Wait till after the craft show, and risk the package being late

Divide the gifts up and send one package now, one later, spreading the risk

Send now, and I am sure your Santee will be delighted with what you already have

Buy some stuff at the craft fair and save it for next year!

As for a signature, I think most people would understand your concerns and be OK with it, especially if the parcel has to travel a long way (that lighthouse would worry me)

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I guess there are four options:
Wait till after the craft show, and risk the package being late
Divide the gifts up and send one package now, one later, spreading the risk
Send now, and I am sure your Santee will be delighted with what you already have
Buy some stuff at the craft fair and save it for next year!
As for a signature, I think most people would understand your concerns and be OK with it, especially if the parcel has to travel a long way (that lighthouse would worry me)
Thank you for sorting this out so logically for me; especially since I have a new worry...I've lost a gift.  Fortunately, it is one that can be easily replaced.  I think I will send early and take a look around the craft show for next year's goodies.  And yes, the lighthouse is a major concern.  I think my person lives there so they can keep a good watch on their llama herd.

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... I probably going to stop by the mall today. Am I shopping for myself or my Santee? I think I'm done with the handmade cat presents, but I have yet to do my big shopping! I will get to it Santee, I promise you. Please, please post more, too! I'm afraid that you, Santee, will not even post when you get my present. :O Please do! :lol3:

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this is the second time I've posted in a row.  Wonder if I'm answering my ownself
 or hijacking the Secret Santa Thread? 
  But I have a dilemma and need advice.  I am finished with my shopping except for the human treats.  However, there is a craft show coming up that I will be attending.  I was planning to ship before the show, but I might see something cute there that my Santee would like.  I talked to my friend who has relatives in the very same country, state, province, group of islands, amusement park, lighthouse where my Santee lives.  She says the pressies would still arrive in time using my faithful shipping method.  They would just arrive closer to Christmas.  I was hoping some Santees would weigh in on this and help me make my decision.  Also, how do Santees feel about packages that may require a signature?  I was thinking about getting insurance or doing certified delivery this year, but don't want to cause my Santee an unwanted trip to the post office.  Any advice is welcome and appreciated; I am all stressed out about making the gravy for Thanksgiving again this year and it is troubling me at the moment. 
Such a dilemma....

BUT I will add, I wont have to make an extra trip to the post office to sign anything, when I have to sign a package my mail lady brings it right to my door!!  BONUS!!!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm... I probably going to stop by the mall today. Am I shopping for myself or my Santee? I think I'm done with the handmade cat presents, but I have yet to do my big shopping! I will get to it Santee, I promise you. Please, please post more, too! I'm afraid that you, Santee, will not even post when you get my present. :O Please do!
I now know for sure you are not my Secret Santa.  I probably post more in this thread than anybody. 
  Unless this is an elaborate ruse...

Such a dilemma....

BUT I will add, I wont have to make an extra trip to the post office to sign anything, when I have to sign a package my mail lady brings it right to my door!!  BONUS!!!
That's a good thing!  I don't mind going to the post office, other than being darksided means I couldn't possibly get there fast enough.  And I don't think my Santee will mind descending five hundred steps down the spiral staircase in their lighthouse to sign for their present.  That's kind of expected when you move into a lighthouse.  I hope I'm not giving too much away.  I'm sure there are plenty of TCS lighthouse dwellers participating in Secret Santa this year. 

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For the what it's worth (sounds like you've made a decision already)......

Some people ship more than one package each time. I've noticed that some of you have gotten gifts already, and (unless I missed something), those don't seem to be the total package (so to speak).

Pressies are simply good. The more the merrier is what I always say!! :nod:

:lol3:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For the what it's worth (sounds like you've made a decision already)......
Some people ship more than one package each time. I've noticed that some of you have gotten gifts already, and (unless I missed something), those don't seem to be the total package (so to speak).
Pressies are simply good. The more the merrier is what I always say!!

I concur!  Pressies are simply good.  I will love mine however they arrive. 

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's been confirmed and DH's commission check will be in the bank first thing Friday morning, so officially starting shopping for my SS during Black Friday (GOD help me!!! lol). I've been picking up a few things here and there but they were just small. I know a few main gift I want to get my santee so I'm getting up early, eating my Wheaties, and taking a Xanax before venturing out. Wish me luck! ;)

Oh, just so my santee knows, I'm a major major darksider for myself but when it comes to my santee they usually have to wait until the week before Christmas to receive their package. I'm just evil that way! 

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I have decided to split the presents into two packages :D hahaha cant find the right sized box its either to big or two small but i have two that are just the right size