Questions and problems

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today trying to quote people is a pain. It loads and loads and loads until I give up and have to back out of the page and re-quote. Pages have sped up a little, but TCS is still slower than it was before. :(
Also, is there a way to find out if people have thumbs up'd any of your posts? I think that would be a neat thing to look at. :nod:
I just gave you the thumbs up - can you see it? :bigthumb:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I can see Carolina's Thumbs Up just fine - hope it's working for you too.

As for quoting - this is a known bug and it's listed here -

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/237864/issues-with-site-conversion-to-new-platform-status-updates

It's a bit more complicated, but the tech team is working on that and hopefully we can have it fixed within a few days.

If the site is speeding up for you (other than when trying to quote), then hopefully that's a good sign and within a few more hours of browsing it'll be up to par.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carolina - It's not that I can't see thumbs up, but it would be neat if there was a section where you could see all the thumbs up you've received. Similar to Facebook where you can see when someone likes your status.

Anne - But I've been browsing every day since launch. My browser would have cached everything a long time ago. I'm not an ill-frequent user here.

(I can't quote anything anymore now..)

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This really shouldn't be happening if you have the latest IE - an earlier version may cause this though. If you prefer to use IE and still see this message when using an up to date version, do let me know!
Anne, I use Internet Explorer 9, the newest version. I am still seeing the pop-up message An add-on for this website failed to run . If I use Mozilla Firefox, the pop-up does not come up at all. But Firefox is SOOOOO slow. Explorer 9 is much quicker for me so I will use it and just deal with the annoying pop-up at the bottom of the screen. If you can find anything out as to the problem, let me know!! I know you have a lot on your plate, so no rush. I will deal with the Mr. Pop-Up till I can figure out how to send him packing for good :flail:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carolina - It's not that I can't see thumbs up, but it would be neat if there was a section where you could see all the thumbs up you've received. Similar to Facebook where you can see when someone likes your status.
Anne - But I've been browsing every day since launch. My browser would have cached everything a long time ago. I'm not an ill-frequent user here.
IMO, I would not like the thumb's up that FB has. I don't use FB but my husband does. I just think the thumb's up and the thumb's down is well...... dumb :dunce:. Sorry, just my opinion..... Please :please: don't turn TCS into FB. If you like someone's post, then reply with a big, huge TCS style ........:bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb: or give it a good ole TCS fashioned :thmbdwn::thmbdwn::thmbdwn:

Last edited:

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I belong to other forums that use reddit style upvoting of posts.

Well meaning, but after a very short time they all become nothing more than popularity contests

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one more question/comment. I know this might be on my end, but is it normal for users to NOT be able to see our signature's unless they are logged in?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
URL icon is not working once you input the website in - the HTML code is not written correctly

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
URL icon is not working once you input the website in - the HTML code is not written correctly
Could you please elaborate? Our new Favicon (that's the tiny icon next to the URL in the browser address bar) is working fine for me, whether I use a link to get to a page, a bookmark or just typing in the site's address.

Are you referring to something else? Also, please let me know which browser you're using when that happens - thanks!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I have one more question/comment. I know this might be on my end, but is it normal for users to NOT be able to see our signature's unless they are logged in?
Yes, that is the way the system is configured. We may change that down the road, but for now this allows for faster loading time and takes some load off the system.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you please elaborate? Our new Favicon (that's the tiny icon next to the URL in the browser address bar) is working fine for me, whether I use a link to get to a page, a bookmark or just typing in the site's address.
Are you referring to something else? Also, please let me know which browser you're using when that happens - thanks!
No, the one in the post - to post links to website into the posts/reply - there is the URL icon, the video Icon, and the picture Icon. The Insert URL Icon is not working - it is inserting an incorrect HTML code into the post, resulting into nothing showing on the post. I can not demonstrate, as when I use it it shows nothing -
You can try it and see......
Using Firefox 7.0.1

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Not sure if you saw my reply about the quote function - there is a bug that is currently addressed by the tech team. It might take a few days to fix that one. I will update in the status report post when it's fixed -

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/237864/issues-with-site-conversion-to-new-platform-status-updates

As for the thumbs-up feature, I'm afraid it's not meant to be anything like on Facebook. It is what it is and I guess we'll see how the community adjusts to that feature and uses it. We may or may not switch it off in the future - depending on what we see.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok Anne, I took a couple of pictures - Here is what is not working:

Here is how the code is writing - it is wrong, so nothing shows on the page when we enter a site in the box....

The proper way to write to function should be this:

Hope this helps some......

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Larry is trying to figure out the "pop-up" message I keep getting using IE 9. He tried a few things and it still pops up but not on FireFox. :dk: Very odd..... "GO away, Mr. Pop-up" :lol2: Let me know if you have found anything yet to explain it :bigwink:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Larry is trying to figure out the "pop-up" message I keep getting using IE 9. He tried a few things and it still pops up but not on FireFox. :dk: Very odd..... "GO away, Mr. Pop-up" :lol2: Let me know if you have found anything yet to explain it :bigwink:
OK!!! I think my brilliant hubby :geek: might have fixed it. Here is what he did in case someone else is having the same issue:

Go to internet options... Security... Restricted Sites... click Sites, and remove the entry for doubleclick.net
Microsoft has blackballed this in their default restricted sites.

:hi::bigwink:

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK!!! I think my brilliant hubby
might have fixed it. Here is what he did in case someone else is having the same issue:
Go to internet options... Security... Restricted Sites... click Sites, and remove the entry for doubleclick.net
Doesn't surprise me, as doubleclick is owned by Google, who Microsoft now sees as an adversary against their Bing search engine.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO, I would not like the thumb's up that FB has. I don't use FB but my husband does. I just think the thumb's up and the thumb's down is well...... dumb :dunce:. Sorry, just my opinion..... Please :please: don't turn TCS into FB. If you like someone's post, then reply with a big, huge TCS style ........:bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb: or give it a good ole TCS fashioned :thmbdwn::thmbdwn::thmbdwn:
But there are already thumbs up here. See it down near where " " Multi and "Quote are?
I just would like to be able to see all the posts that people have liked. Then I can easily see if people like my advice or not. :D

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
OK!!! I think my brilliant hubby :geek: might have fixed it. Here is what he did in case someone else is having the same issue:
:hi::bigwink:
Your hubby is indeed brilliant - well done! And thank you for sharing the solution!

Doesn't surprise me, as doubleclick is owned by Google, who Microsoft now sees as an adversary against their Bing search engine.
Could very well be. I can't see any other reason to blacklist Doubleclick.