Questions and problems

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since no moderator I have PMed will answer this question, I will post it here. I want to make a group for the few people who enjoy there hybrid feline. How do I go about making such a group. Also how come the moderators I PMed, would not answer this question?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Since no moderator I have PMed will answer this question, I will post it here. I want to make a group for the few people who enjoy there hybrid feline. How do I go about making such a group. Also how come the moderators I PMed, would not answer this question?
For starters, the Moderators are all volunteers and we are not on here 24/7. Since I also know that one of the Moderators that you PM'd has had her badge less than a week, she wanted to check with the rest of the group first before giving you an answer.

Since we've had the new platform less than a month, many of the Mods are yet to be experts on how to do some of these functions. ;) We are learning along with the rest of you. :) In some cases we may not have an answer right away and you will need to bear with us. ;)

If you go to the Groups area, you will see a blue button on the left that says "Start Group". Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the guidelines before starting a Group. :)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You also have to keep in mind that many of the Mod team live outside of North America. You aren't going to receive an immediate response to a PM that lands in a mod's inbox at 3 a.m. or while they're at work.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
How do I turn off the daily update emails? I really don't need them popping in my email every day.

Thanks!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Click "My Profile" in the maroon bar at the top

Click edit account details

Scroll down to "email preferences"

There is a dropdown menu there that will let you choose a few different options other than daily digest.

Don't forget to save your changes down the bottom.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this was already mentioned, but I find that the new site interface is not as easy to use on mobile devices ( my iPad and iPhone). When I click on a thread, it doesn't always open for me, loading is much slower, and the letters appear with a delay as I type..not anything major, just feels overall less user friendly than the old platform...

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I don't know if this was already mentioned, but I find that the new site interface is not as easy to use on mobile devices ( my iPad and iPhone). When I click on a thread, it doesn't always open for me, loading is much slower, and the letters appear with a delay as I type..not anything major, just feels overall less user friendly than the old platform...
The current layout is not intended for mobile browsing. A proper mobile version is under development, and in the meantime TCS is available for mobile use with the Tapatalk app. Hope this helps :)