Questions and problems

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just to verify -
You had previously reported taking DoubleClick off the restricted sites list. Which security setting did you switch back on - did you add them back to the restricted sites list, or did you do something different.
Also, just to make sure, you're still on IE9, right? Can you please also let me know which OS?
Thanks!
PS - Larry is a keeper, thank him for me, please!
I am totally computer illiterate and honestly would be having a lot of trouble if I didn't have Larry's help to figure this out. He laughs at me now, because before TCS - I was never on the computer :lol3:. The site has been very slow, but I think it is fixed :cross:. I am now running on FireFox now, seems stable (today anyway), Larry added the "adblock" add-on - which has improved the speed. I couldn't even type the other day, every letter was at least a second before it would even compute :frusty:.

Larry typed the following: :D
Added the *.doubleclick.net back into the restricted sites (as it came with IE9)
Windows7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
IE9 is the browser

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ill try above suggestions later Im getting used to them not working on my phone but i nearly through the laptop against the wall, having a rather bad day!

No error messages it just does nothing wont bring the drop down box up

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Ill try above suggestions later Im getting used to them not working on my phone but i nearly through the laptop against the wall, having a rather bad day!

No error messages it just does nothing wont bring the drop down box up

Is this the drop-down you are talking about?

This was a picture from Chrome and I haven't seen a problem.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It could be your mouse or touchpad. Try rebooting your laptop to see if that helps.

Last edited:

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be your mouse or touchpad. Try rebooting your laptop to see if that helps.

done, it gets turned off each time i stop using it.....ill get blaine to look at it tonight (bless himhes got loads to do tonight lol )

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Is anyone having a problems with the quotes here? I often quote one post, and when I click submit it posts a quote to an entirely different post..... So I and up having to edit my post and deleting that quote entirely :dk:
It is almost as though the thread was addicted to a quote, or something? It shows in the editor a quote, but submits a different one - weird :dk:
That is strange. Like Tricia said, this is the first report we've had of the issue.

Could you please do the following -

1. PM me your OS and Browser specs.

2. Add a couple of screenshots of this happening - the post you're trying to quote and the result in the editor window.

Thank you!

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So, I'm definitely not a techie, and I've been gone for a couple weeks, and when I logged on tonight I thought I'd come to the twilight zone. 

My dumb question is:  can we no longer post the "signature" picture?  I figured out how to change the avatar pretty quickly (but don't ask me right now how I did that) and I finally found my cat pages I thought I'd lost.  But can we insert a signature picture?  I really, really miss seeing those...

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So, I'm definitely not a techie, and I've been gone for a couple weeks, and when I logged on tonight I thought I'd come to the twilight zone. 

My dumb question is:  can we no longer post the "signature" picture?  I figured out how to change the avatar pretty quickly (but don't ask me right now how I did that) and I finally found my cat pages I thought I'd lost.  But can we insert a signature picture?  I really, really miss seeing those...
At this time, no, we cannot post images in our signatures, although we can include smilies and text, Anne is working with the Huddler team to try to get this and many other things for later versions of the site.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another thing I've noticed that's really weird is that when I post a reply or am just reading posts, the reply or post will sometimes take up the entire screen: sometimes it's "normal" size. Like right now it's "normal" size, but when I posted in Cassidy's memorial thread it took up the entire screen. Has anyone else run into this?

I still can't post pix, either.
I gave it another shot in Cassidy's memorial thread, but to no avail.

I appreciate Anne & everyone else's help in rectifying these issues!

ETA: When I wrote my reply, it was normal size. But after I posted it, it took up the entire screen again. Just an FYI for reference if that helps solve the issue.

Last edited:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Another thing I've noticed that's really weird is that when I post a reply or am just reading posts, the reply or post will sometimes take up the entire screen: sometimes it's "normal" size. Like right now it's "normal" size, but when I posted in Cassidy's memorial thread it took up the entire screen. Has anyone else run into this?

I still can't post pix, either.
I gave it another shot in Cassidy's memorial thread, but to no avail.

I appreciate Anne & everyone else's help in rectifying these issues!

ETA: When I wrote my reply, it was normal size. But after I posted it, it took up the entire screen again. Just an FYI for reference if that helps solve the issue.
This issue was addressed earlier. Let me see if I can remember the steps.

1. Click on "My Profile" in the bar at the top of the page.

2. Click on "Edit Account Details".

3. Scroll down to "Forum Preferences" near the bottom of the page.
4. Click on "Constrain Threads to Constant Width".

5. Save

I think that's how I fixed it.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

I still can't post pix, either. :dk: I gave it another shot in Cassidy's memorial thread, but to no avail.

I appreciate Anne & everyone else's help in rectifying these issues! :thanks:

ETA: When I wrote my reply, it was normal size. But after I posted it, it took up the entire screen again. Just an FYI for reference if that helps solve the issue. :wavey:
I'm not sure why you're still unable to post pictures. I really like how it's so easy to post them on the new platform.

Let us know if you managed to fix the width issue (following Goldycat's instructions).

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
anyone else having lagging issues, or site crashes when trying to post a reply to a thread today? I had no probs submitting a new thread, but when responding, the post hangs on "submitting content" or whatever it says. Weird

and of course, this one worked. What the heck.....bizarre

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
anyone else having lagging issues, or site crashes when trying to post a reply to a thread today? I had no probs submitting a new thread, but when responding, the post hangs on "submitting content" or whatever it says. Weird
and of course, this one worked. What the heck.....bizarre
It was sort of like hiccups yesterday for me - some pages would lag, but then everything would go really fast for 20 - 30 minutes. Were you posting straight replies, or quoting posts in your reply? If the latter, clicking "Reply" makes it hang sometimes. You can just click "Quote" and scroll down to answer, or if you're doing multi-quotes, click that for the posts you want to include, then "Quote" rather than "Reply". Opera works a bit differently, though.

Tapatalk no longer works
Same here. I can get to the individual forums, but they don't show any threads or posts, and I get a notice that the connection can't be made.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Posting this from Tapatalk, which is working fine for me. I'm sorry to see so many people having trouble with it. :( not sure what we can do on the TCS side, as the feed is being generated in the right way and seems to be working fine on my iPhone. Has anyone tried contacting Tapatalk about this?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Anne :D. I am now using a new browser - Safari. It has been incredibly fast for me. Much better than IE and Firefox. I was still experiencing slow load times even after the ad block on Firefox. Don't know why, but Safari has been great for me for the last few days. I am :happy3: :D now !!!!! :clap:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The system here works with following rather than "friending". Here's a link to the relevant FAQ -
http://www.thecatsite.com/a/following-and-followers

Glad you found a good fast browser that works well for you here on the site! :clap:

BTW, in the future, it might be better if you post questions in the how-to forum. Would probably get a faster response from one of the mods. Thanks!