Questions and problems

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't read this entire thread yet, but is there some reason why this site is so incredibly slow now?  I'm on a desk top that is fairly new and running high speed internet, but it almost sounds like when you put a CD in the drive (that sound) and takes at least 20 or more seconds to load a page. 

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By the way, for those looking for skins, trying to change colors of the forum, I took Natalie_ca advice and installed Color That Site! add on to firefox - you can change your background and foreground colors - just make sure you go to settings and chose "Site" otherwise it will apply only to that page - anyways, here is what TCS is looking like for me now - much easier on the eyes, that's for sure....

Where is Natalie_Ca's post on this?

ETA THIS is cool! Thanks

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I haven't read this entire thread yet, but is there some reason why this site is so incredibly slow now?  I'm on a desk top that is fairly new and running high speed internet, but it almost sounds like when you put a CD in the drive (that sound) and takes at least 20 or more seconds to load a page. 
The site may be slow at first for some users. Sounds like your computer is busy caching the new graphics and scripts. Hopefully, once the process is over, you should have a smooth and fast user experience here. Please do let me know if that's not the case - feel free to PM me, or post here, with your browser info. Thanks!

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New problem!
When I go to read someone's posts (like when I use the drop-box from their username), every single post they made says its from the same thread. So instead of
Forum - Behavior
Thread: xxxxxxxx
Forum - Caring for Strays and Ferals

they all just say
Forum - Cat Nutrition
Thread: Tip for persuading a cat to eat (canned, homemade or raw only)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
New problem!
When I go to read someone's posts (like when I use the drop-box from their username), every single post they made says its from the same thread. So instead of
Forum - Behavior
Forum - Caring for Strays and Ferals
they all just say
Forum - Cat Nutrition
Thread: Tip for persuading a cat to eat (canned, homemade or raw only)
Yep, we know about that one and they are working on the fix. :) Thanks for reporting it though. :)

Last edited:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm having some trouble locating the smileys I want to use.  When the site first went up there were only three smileys showing in the pop-up window.  It looks like they're all back now, but also all in one big window with no apparent order.  Would it be possible to separate them into categories the way the were on TCS1.  It takes a long time to scroll through the whole list to find the one you want.  Also when I click on one it goes into the message and the smiley window closes. If I want to do a series of the same icon I either have to open the smiley window and hunt all over again, or copy and paste the one I used.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm having some trouble locating the smileys I want to use.  When the site first went up there were only three smileys showing in the pop-up window.  It looks like they're all back now, but also all in one big window with no apparent order.  Would it be possible to separate them into categories the way the were on TCS1.  It takes a long time to scroll through the whole list to find the one you want.  Also when I click on one it goes into the message and the smiley window closes. If I want to do a series of the same icon I either have to open the smiley window and hunt all over again, or copy and paste the one I used.
I'm afraid this is the way the smilie system works on this platform. If you remember how to type in your smilies, you can use BBcode. We also put the most frequently used smilies to the right of the text editing area. :nod:

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you click on that link Jana just showed, do you see a white tab and blue links at the top under My Subscriptions for Activity, Forums, Threads and Edit My Subscriptions? You should just be able to click on whatever it is you want to view. You should also be able to access them under Forum Navigation --> Subscriptions.

Thank you for this last picture as I have had a TERRIBLE time trying to find my darn subscriptions at all!!!:clap:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found this thread and haven't read the entire thing, so I apologize if someone else has already covered the subject and it's been addressed.

I'm having problems uploading pix, despite all the help that Tricia's (JCat) has been giving me in the "How To" forum. I've tried every suggestions she's given - all to no avail. The only way I can post a pic is by posting a link to my PhotoBucket account - and then you have to click on the link to view the pic. The pix just won't upload for me properly in a post - and I even tried switching to the BB Code - but that doesn't work, either.
I can't change my avatar pic, either. I have been able to upload pix to photo albums, but that's it. Is anyone else having this problem?

Any
would be greatly appreciated!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I just found this thread and haven't read the entire thing, so I apologize if someone else has already covered the subject and it's been addressed.

I'm having problems uploading pix, despite all the help that Tricia's (JCat) has been giving me in the "How To" forum. I've tried every suggestions she's given - all to no avail. The only way I can post a pic is by posting a link to my PhotoBucket account - and then you have to click on the link to view the pic. The pix just won't upload for me properly in a post - and I even tried switching to the BB Code - but that doesn't work, either. :confuse3: I can't change my avatar pic, either. I have been able to upload pix to photo albums, but that's it. Is anyone else having this problem?

Any :help: would be greatly appreciated! :thanks:
Jana and me posted to your thread there - I'm sure we'll sort it out eventually! :nod:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anne - I just wanted to let you know that I switched my security setting's back so now I have the Pop-up message again. The reason...... the site was SOOOOOOO SLOWWWW I couldn't take it any longer. I was twiddling my thumbs between posts, replies or PMs. It was driving me nuts. So Larry told me it was because of the Doubleclick.net issue. So I had two choices - a slow TCS or a Pop-up message to deal with. I chose the Pop-up. If you google Doubleclick and Slow - you will see other's have the same issue which is how Larry found it. Anyway, I am alright with the pop-up. I would rather have speed :nod: :bigthumb:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Anne - I just wanted to let you know that I switched my security setting's back so now I have the Pop-up message again. The reason...... the site was SOOOOOOO SLOWWWW I couldn't take it any longer. I was twiddling my thumbs between posts, replies or PMs. It was driving me nuts. So Larry told me it was because of the Doubleclick.net issue. So I had two choices - a slow TCS or a Pop-up message to deal with. I chose the Pop-up. If you google Doubleclick and Slow - you will see other's have the same issue which is how Larry found it. Anyway, I am alright with the pop-up. I would rather have speed :nod: :bigthumb:
Just to verify -

You had previously reported taking DoubleClick off the restricted sites list. Which security setting did you switch back on - did you add them back to the restricted sites list, or did you do something different.

Also, just to make sure, you're still on IE9, right? Can you please also let me know which OS?

Thanks!

PS - Larry is a keeper, thank him for me, please!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still have the slow-site problem; I've updated to IE8, and am running Windows XP.

Another problem I'm having is not getting email notices when a reply is posted to a thread that I've subscribed to.   I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not.  I've gone to my user cp and double-checked my subscriptions.  I've checked to make sure that I've chosen "immediately" in the drop down list that says "Get notified when others reply?"   Is it just me?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
"Immediately" doesn't appear to be working (yet). If you change your settings to "Daily Digest" you should get email notifications.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is anyone having a problems with the quotes here? I often quote one post, and when I click submit it posts a quote to an entirely different post..... So I and up having to edit my post and deleting that quote entirely :dk:
It is almost as though the thread was addicted to a quote, or something? It shows in the editor a quote, but submits a different one - weird :dk:

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't had that problem, but there has been some trouble with the quote function "hanging", so it could be that some work is being done behind the scenes and messing things up temporarily.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The new posts both top and bottom have stopped working on Chrome the hover over the forums one to get view now does though

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The new posts both top and bottom have stopped working on Chrome the hover over the forums one to get view now does though

Are you getting any sort of error message or is clicking it not opening a page?  What version of Chrome do you have?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's odd. I've just switched to Chrome to check it out, and it's working for me. Does clearing your cache or logging out and back in again help?