pregnant kitty showing confusing signs!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Probably a little dried bloody discharge signaling pre-labor. Nothing to worry about. How's she doing now?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I catched up now on this tread - I saw earlier you had knowleable forumists helping you already.

This 99F measured under the arm, is the normal temp in there, so she wasnt in any way immediate near a delivery.   If we think  the temp lowering 2-3F shorlty before the delivery is a reliable sign.   :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh thanks to the both of you I figured that's what it was I just really wanted to make sure due to the blood in it

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's still acting just fine her temp is 99.6 aux so under the arm so not ready yet

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nope noting as of yet so I'm really thinking g the cat we took in who we thought was at least 8 weeks was more like five weeks she was just so big but now I see full kittens when she walks she is enormous she's been acting perfectly normal up until today I noticed she was nesting again this time under some blankets and she has a bunch of yellow crusty stuff on her girl parts her belly gos from sift to hard and her aux temp is 99.2 but no milk eating good and acting fine but if we have had her four weeks yesterday and I could feel babies the day we took her in then I'm assuming she had to be at least five weeks along so she would be due like now. Babies haven't been really moving a lot until today now I feel then almost under her belly and they ate rolling over I can feel whole babies moving around. I'm wondering will she have a big litter due to how big she was when we got her or maybe its just the way she carried them. She isn't a small cat nor big just average but kind of stubby so to speak

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well if she was in her fifth week when we got her that means I have what a week left oh my

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If my calculations are correct we gave had her 31 days we felt kittens pop and flutter the day we got her and its been a month then she us right around 64-66 days along give or take a day her temp keeps going up and down is that normal it was around 100.1 today and around three hours ago it was 100.4 now its 100.6 it has fluctuated like that for days now.a week ago she was 99.8 and u thought sure it was time but it went back up to 100.2 so she's all over the map I keep staying up with her but nothing. My husband is overseas and comes home sat he joked and said she will have them the day he gets home. We have a bet going on lol

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think we have labor after her temp check cita went into the nesting box in my walk in closet and I could hear her purring in there for about fifteen mins it was a loud purr never heard it before so I snuck in there and she was cleaning her last parts she climbed out if the box and has been all over me she us also licking all if her body as well as me to constantly I notice her purring stops then starts again when her stomach is very very hard then she is sorta twitching is this labor or can this go in for days she has been trying to clean down there but can't quite reach and she can't get comfortable keeps moving in circles laying down and then all over again

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think we have labor after her temp check cita went into the nesting box in my walk in closet and I could hear her purring in there for about fifteen mins it was a loud purr never heard it before so I snuck in there and she was cleaning her last parts she climbed out if the box and has been all over me she us also licking all if her body as well as me to constantly I notice her purring stops then starts again when her stomach is very very hard then she is sorta twitching is this labor or can this go in for days she has been trying to clean down there but can't quite reach and she can't get comfortable keeps moving in circles laying down and then all over again
prelabor may looks quite similiar, but if its her  proper time, I think its the beginning of real labor.  It shouldnt go for days, cats labor is typically shorter than humans, often quite noticeable shorter.

Good luck!

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you she us def in labor she won't leave my side I'm just wondering how long is the average labor pre labor included

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Your description definitely sounds like labour to me but I am sorry, I don't have experience to say how long it can go on for.  I can't go and check in any of the articles as need to rush out for an appointment (just found my self NEEDING to know what was happening for your kitty).  Wow, I can feel my heart beating so hate to think how you feel!   I'll be checking back in later to see how things are going. It's good she wants you there comforting her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you she us def in labor she won't leave my side I'm just wondering how long is the average labor pre labor included
Shamefully, I dont know for sure either.  Most often they arent very long, several hours as most.   As said, they are shorter than for humans.

BUT they do often have pauses,  a couple of hours and even may be days.  If she has pauses, resting peacefully, no visible problems - this doesnt count as you can wait but remain vigilant.

Its the active fruitless labor we all are dreading for. Phone your vet latest at 5 hours.  Let him take the decision if hopefully wait a couple of hours more, or immediately rush her in.

Taking a cesarean too early is dangerous for the kittens (unlike human babies), but if she is in full delivery, the kittens are done, no problems with taking them out.  And if its difficult frutless labor, both hers and her kittens life are in danger, so the choice become suddenly simple.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I see Im writing 2,5 hours after your message, and you began to worry.

If nothing decisively hasnt happened  as yet, and she is in active labor without results, do phone vet NOW, and be ready to rush in.

If she had got a calm pause, its not the same hurry.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds like pre-labor to me. Kittens should start arriving soon. Try to relax and be patient and let mother nature take her course. :)

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is still very needy following me around the room. More of her mucus plug cane it was like snot and she is breathing kinda heavy but doesn't seem under stress she just wants to be on me and rolls over to have me pet her belly

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I first saw crust yesterday around 6 p m then I saw more a lot around 2:00 this morning and a little but at 9:00 I think she may be in ore labor she is licking still just not as much as last night I'm home with my daughter who has a doctor appt in a few hours I hope I can make it back in time for kittens

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do know I went to sleep around 5 this morning and she climbed in bed with me but then everything seemed to stop when I got up at 8 by 8:30 it all started again she slept with me till I got up so I think she wants me up and with her