pregnant kitty showing confusing signs!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your kitty is working hard! Hang in there, kitty! She may take breaks to rest between kittens. Glad you stayed home!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK I'll pick some up at the store as well thanks stefanz

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes so far two kittens I still feel babies inside it took her thirty mins of a rest to produce baby number two

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
All sounds well. Be patient. The kittens will nurse after mom is done delivering and settles down.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Unless she takes a long break; then they should begin nursing during the break in active labor.

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Baby number three but third sack is still in momma and she came out feet first and is grey and white cow patches almost looking

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the sack came out and its been about 20 mins and no more contractions how do I know she's done I don't feel anything but pips and gurrgles

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I think if she has more kittens to come you can still feel them and so indicating she is having a break in her labour.   If no kittens or movement felt the chances are she has delivered her kittens, but others will have experience of this and maybe know how best to feel for this.  

Is she feeding kittens now?

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some are feeding she is sleeping she hasn't left the box as of yet

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful picture in my mind.  All gray and white, how wonderful.  The kits should be nice and cozy with her snoozing in there with them.  

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All babies are feeding and doi g great we moved her to a nice clean bed and she took right to it the last one that came out is the neatest kitten I've ever seen I think he is a boy and u think we are gonna keep him. I'll post some pics thank you everyone who helped me you guys are the greatest

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is likely done if she is no longer having contractions. She did a great job, and so did you! She may not leave the box for awhile. My kitty did not leave for 12 hours after she gave birth to 4 kittens 6 weeks ago. I brought her a bowl of kitten milk and held it for her to drink thirstily while nursing her kittens. You will want to put down clean dry bedding in the nest when you can. Happy for you! :)

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you yes we cleaned her bedding and momma and kittens are happy feeding and warm they are so sweet so noe we have three four week kittens and three new borne an two happy mommas now this momma is tired so I'm going to bed soon but I will be sure to keep up dated pics for everyone who was attentive and helped me out. Thanks a bunch

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you yes we cleaned her bedding and momma and kittens are happy feeding and warm they are so sweet so noe we have three four week kittens and three new borne an two happy mommas now this momma is tired so I'm going to bed soon but I will be sure to keep up dated pics for everyone who was attentive and helped me out. Thanks a bunch

What an adorable bundle of blue furriness.   sarthur2 is right, you did a great job today and this family are really lucky to have been welcomed in to your loving home.  I can only imagine how exhausted you feel now, but hope you have a really good sleep tonight and wake up in the morning to a pile of happy, well fed kittens all looking cozied up with their mommas.  This was one emotional day for you:  I know how happy and relieved I am at the arrival of these kittens and the warm glow I get looking at your photographs, but it won't be a patch of the warm glow you have.      Sleep well.