pregnant kitty showing confusing signs!

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Do you mean to say she has actively been pushing for 30 mins without delivering??

How long have you been able to see the kitten??

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Relieved you can stay with her.

I don't know how long it can take for kitten to come out but if you are worried call your vet.   Think about how long you have been seeing the kitten when she pushes and check it is the head first. Advice in one of the TCS articles for if you think a kitten is stuck is copied here:

I think a kitten is stuck in the birth canal

This is a rare situation but it can happen. You won't be able to get to the vet in time, so you may have to take care of this yourself. 

When to Intervene: If you can see part of the kitten has come out and the rest appears to be stuck and isn't coming out despite the cat pushing, you may have to help the kitten out. Use a pair of sterile surgical gloves and very gently grab the kitten by the armpits (of the front or back legs, whichever came out first) and steadily and gently pull slightly downwards, towards the mother cat's feet, and out. Never pull a kitten by its head, tail or legs. Be very gentle, and if you can't get the kitten out, there's no choice but to put the mother and kittens into a carrier and rush her to the nearest veterinary clinic. It may be too late for the kitten, but the vet may be able to save your cat's life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What do you think blk and white or grey and white

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Could be black but will see better when the little mite is cleaned up. How is mother cat doing, has she cleaned baby and attentive?  Is she still labouring or does she seem to be having a break from the contractions?

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She did everything as planned cleaned ate placenta and all no more babies yet how long in between contractions before another I can't really feel but she is still meowing

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Bless, what a good momma.  
   Hope she has a little rest but things don't go on too long for her, and that her first kitten manages to have a good feed and stays warm and cozy with her.  

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her baby isn't feeding looking for nipple but not feeding

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
As long as the kitten is warm at this point and mother seems calm I think this is OK.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I cancelled my appt she is crowning but nothing out yet its been over thirty mins is that OKSorr
sorry, I dont know the word crowning.  And my dictionary doesnt show it either.

If you mean active labor, its not too long yet, anyway.

I hope it has clearned up at this moment when I write.   The stage of clear, visibly active labor is usually not very long.   Often literally minutes.

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And baby is def grey and white like mommy not feedingvyet but she's a feisty thing

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I still fell babies moving but no labor oH wait she's pushing again and baby hasn't ate I may need to run down to the store for some kmr

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Stay with her and see what others who have experienced this say.  This is a natural thing for cats and their kittens to go through and I suspect it is best not to intervene with feeding unless it is really necessary.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

sorry, I dont know the word crowning.  And my dictionary doesnt show it either.

If you mean active labor, its not too long yet, anyway.

I hope it has clearned up at this moment when I write.   The stage of clear, visibly active labor is usually not very long.   Often literally minutes.
I still fell babies moving but no labor oH wait she's pushing again and baby hasn't ate I may need to run down to the store for some kmr
Ouch,  I see I missed several posts.  So whatever Crowning is, she had already began delivered.  and it seems to go OK...  Lets hope it continues to go well.

Good luck!

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh crowning head coming out sorry guys my mom always used that term for kids being born and head coming out

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cita has started pushing again but it looks as if something is kicking her from inside her lady parts like jerking

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh crowning head coming out sorry guys my mom always used that term for kids being born and head coming out
I see and understand.   30 min half inside and half outside really stuck, so it was tough for her.   She made it, but be prepared she will be exhausted, and surely sore too.

If you have some glucose sugar, or white caro syrup, give her in the drinking water.  Or even smear some on her gum.

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just had next baby grey and white as well