Adult Cat
Purraise
Still no sign of labor I'm going to call the cet today and make an appt

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well took cita to the vet this morning and they said without a xray there is no way to tell how far along she is and here that cost 150 plus the 40,vet fee I just paid so we are going to wait a few more days they said as long as she isn't in distress Shea fine and that after the bloody show she had he said it could be up to a week later when shed go into labor so that was four days ago so I have another vet visit Friday if she hasn't deliverd to see what my options are then

gesseppe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nice to see caring Guardians...  & i know $ doesn't grow on trees...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry to hear the price is so high. My vet charged me only $40 for one x-ray, but took several until he could see what he needed to see when the cat I adopted was taking a long time to deliver. She went 68 days, by the way, and delivered 4 healthy kittens. My point being that the x-ray answered the questions and put my mind at ease. Vet could see on the x-ray that the kittens weren't fully developed yet & he said 7 to 10 days. It took 12. So it's not an exact science & his suggesting you wait is probably good advice. Do all your area vets charge that much for an x-ray? It just sounds like a lot to me. Keep us posted!

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you k called another vet who said he would do the whole office visit and exam for 100.00 that was a discount he said usually he does 120.00 for all but I have good new I hope. I can in from work at 12:30 to find her in my chest of drawers then I removed my clothes put towels in there she got back in for a few then out again into the nesting box laid there for a few an then came up to me purring and she never does that I've only heard it once in the weeks we have had her. She's normally a moody little thing nipping and stuff but today she is letting me rub her belly and just purring up a storm I took her temp and there you have it 98.6 auxiliary so I think we are in our last hours she has progressively went down in temp over the past few days. She all used the bathroom three times in ten mins this morning before the vet visit. On heading back to work for a few and hopefully she has progressed some more tonight thanks a bunch guys

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry for all misspelled words in a rush to clock back in

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like she is nesting and wanting comfort from you which is good.  Still got all fingers and toes crossed here and checking in when I can to see how you're all doing.  Must be really hard you having to go in to work, I know I'd struggle!  

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK so I walked in and she seems fine ate half her wet food turned her nose up at the dry but her bottom is a little wet my daughter said it was that way when she got home at three so its 7pm here how much longer do you think she has do you think she will go in the night or maybe tomorrow? I went ahead and got a medical box together as well thanks mservent I'm soo excited

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still no babies but she has been nesting purring and kneeding all night even got in my lap for a min and she has never done that

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It should be very soon. Sounds like her water broke and all the lovey-dovey stuff is early labor and letting you know that her time is near. Good luck! Kittens anytime now! :)

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks a bunch I thought sure it was gonna be last night so u sat with her for two hours just watching her and playing candy crush to pass the time and she nested a bunch all over the room laid down for a few mins each place then climbed in my lap purring and kneading lol she's not a lovey dovey cat well I woke up this morning and Shes back to being her moody self belly was super hard last night now its back to being soft. She is still eating last night she went to her fod bowl on and off taking a few bites and leaving for most of the night and every time I woke up last night she was up either sitting or eating or just laying with eyes open and she usually sleeps through the night. I have today off so I'm gonna sit quietly with her while my kids are in school and just hope for the best how long after nesting to cats go into labor I noticed this yesterday at noon she was in places she had never been or took interest in. I've read 12 hours 24 hours and all the way to a week

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hopefully it will be soon. My cat acted similarly before finally having her kittens. It's tough waiting, but as long as she is not in distress, that's all you can do.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
She looks so uncomfortable
Poor kitty, she is looking so big now.  Will she let you rub her belly and back at all or does she want to be left in peace?  

Hopefully it will be soon and she has all the energy she needs for the birthing.

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She will sometimes other times she swats me away or nips

rukia222

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still no babies but momma has crusty brown stuff on her lady parts today what is that?