pregnant cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I'm just about to feed Felix again and I thought I'd check Tiggers nipples for milk again. I have only seen milk come out of one nipple, the other 3 seem to be leaking a clear liquid. Is this normal?

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's just taken a full 2ml. He's back with his mama now and getting a good clean. She's so good letting me handle him like this!

kitty2014

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I'm just about to feed Felix again and I thought I'd check Tiggers nipples for milk again. I have only seen milk come out of one nipple, the other 3 seem to be leaking a clear liquid. Is this normal?
Maybe it's colostrum. I think it takes a couple of days for the actual milk to come in.

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe, I'm hoping so!

Omg I can't wait for Ash to have hers too. I feel like I'm waiting.on Tiggs all over again lol

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks, he's just had another 1.6ml. I know he's getting something from mum so I'm not going to be too strict with the every 2 hour feed. However I am going to do it as and when I can. Thanks for your advice!

Also he's 3 days old not 4 lol so he's gained 5g in 2 days, not 3. I know it's still pretty bad but it's better.

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, he's just had another 1.6ml. I know he's getting something from mum so I'm not going to be too strict with the every 2 hour feed. However I am going to do it as and when I can. Thanks for your advice!

Also he's 3 days old not 4 lol so he's gained 5g in 2 days, not 3. I know it's still pretty bad but it's better.
Again, I know I'm being terribly blunt, but 5g is still really bad.  It's not really better... it's the same amount of really bad. 

If you can, it is really best if you can try to do every 2 hours.  If you really can't though, that is just how it is... I understand that you probably do have a life outside this 
 However, as I said above, every 4 hours should be an absolute minimum at this time.

Thank you so much for keeping us updated.  I hope you will also keep sharing good stories and pictures.

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow she's still so young and she's doing an amazing job.

I'm so concerned for my little one. He's 4 days old too, but he's not getting enough milk from mama. I'm hand feeding him. Hope he's going to be alright. He weighs 121g today

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hope ur Kitty pulls thru and gets stronger they just need a little help sometimes sending my love for the Kitty :)

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yesterday afternoon he weighed 121g...I was so worried because I had to go to work (I work nights) and I had to leave him with no milk for 12 hours. so as soon as I got in I gave him some milk and weighed him (I couldn't help it). to my absolute shock and delight he has gained 7g, he is now 128g! he must have fed off Tiggs because there was nobody here to hand feed him all night. I'm so happy! I'm still going to give him a little extra though to make sure he still gains. thanks for all your help, I think you may have saved my kittens life with yours and everybody elses advice! I know its still early days but surely this is brilliant news!

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please do continue to supplement him whenever you can for at least a few more days. Please also really do try to weigh him at the same time every day and if you weigh him after feeding, understand he will of course weigh more right then, and so always weigh him after feeding- otherwise it is a poor comparison.

That said, I am very happy to hear such a good update :) Please keep letting us know how it goes.

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Omg Wow...just got back from my second night shift and weighed little one, he's gained 13g since yesterday! He now weighs a total of 141g! How fantastic, I'm so happy! Come on little dude keep going and make you human mummy proud :-)

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So glad the little one is doing better been thinking about him all the time been going thru the same with one of my new ones x

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no really? Its been so hard on me, both physically and emotionally! So I'm so thankful Tiggs is able to feed him again. He is so precious to me I was terrified I was going to lose him, but at the same time it just wasn't possible for me to feed him strict every 2-4 hours. So I am so thankful he made it, now I'm feeling so positive about our future together! I've still been advised to supplement him when I can, which I definitely will. Hope your little one is ok, are you having to completely hand rear him/her? I'll send you some positive vibes, they seemed to work for me :D :vibes::vibes:

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Most of the story is on my post called snow but the short version I bought a new cat 9 weeks ago and in that time I have found out she was deaf and pregnant lol she had the kittens 4 days ago and one of them was really small and week I notist she didn't feed most of the day and she could hardly move, so I stayed up pritty much for two days straight with her feeding her by syringe as much as I could. She has really come along now and back on her mums teets I am feeding her by hand as well to keep her strength up but I think she gunna make it now I have called her hope x

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad the little one is doing well, that's a great gain, hope he continues to thrive.

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Most of the story is on my post called snow but the short version I bought a new cat 9 weeks ago and in that time I have found out she was deaf and pregnant lol she had the kittens 4 days ago and one of them was really small and week I notist she didn't feed most of the day and she could hardly move, so I stayed up pritty much for two days straight with her feeding her by syringe as much as I could. She has really come along now and back on her mums teets I am feeding her by hand as well to keep her strength up but I think she gunna make it now I have called her hope x
I'm so glad she's going to be okay. I think I have seen your thread. Snow is a pure white cat, Right? She's doing an absolutely amazing job at being a mum at such a young age. Hope is a perfect name for her :-D

Im sure all your kitties will thrive now, especially with you as their care giver :-) you should be proud of yourself.