pregnant cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tigger and her newborn. If it's a boy, and I'm sure it is, I'm going to name him Felix. Ive always loved that name and in Latin it means Lucky :-) if it's a girls she's going to be named Faith I think :-)

Last edited:

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks Kitty, i was so worried but now I have them both back home with I can relax a little.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yeah I am, do you know how to determine it's sex at such a young age?
:woohoo: I'm so glad he pulled through !! He is gorgeous :rbheart:

I can tell you the sex if you can post a picture of his erm....bits lol :lol3:

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's a little bit protective of the kitten at the minute. But when she will let me I'll pm you, thanks that would be so helpful!

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh bless such a sweet little kitten and all the sweeter for what it's taken to get here :clap: I am so happy and relieved for you that Tigger and this little sweetheart made it home

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh bless such a sweet little kitten and all the sweeter for what it's taken to get here
I am so happy and relieved for you that Tigger and this little sweetheart made it home
thank you, hes my little miracle kittie

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've been following your posts about tigger through her pregnancy, but hadn't posted until now. just wanted to say how happy i am for tigger, that she has this baby. the little one may very well not have made it if it weren't for you!

lovely pics of tigger and her baby!

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

i've been following your posts about tigger through her pregnancy, but hadn't posted until now. just wanted to say how happy i am for tigger, that she has this baby. the little one may very well not have made it if it weren't for you!

lovely pics of tigger and her baby!
aww thank you, poor Tigger has had such a bad time of it bless her. But they are both absolutely fine now and we can put the rest behind us. Well once I've sorted the £380 vet bill haha! I had her spayed when they did the C-section so she'll never have to go through that again thank goodness.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

aww thank you, poor Tigger has had such a bad time of it bless her. But they are both absolutely fine now and we can put the rest behind us. Well once I've sorted the £380 vet bill haha! I had her spayed when they did the C-section so she'll never have to go through that again thank goodness.
i didn't know the vet could spay during the same anesthesia as doing a c-section. i'm sure it'll be easier on tigger though, just having had one operation for both. you've probably saved money by having both done at once.

and tigger will still be able to produce milk for the baby, even though she was spayed? i'm pretty sure this is a "duh" question, but i'm curious to know.

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no its not a daft we question. At the moment she's feeding the kitten fine. I think because her milk was already in, the stimulation from the kitten suckling should to keep the milk flowing. My friend had a dog who fed a litter of 9 pups after having a c-section delivery so I don't think I should be too worried :-)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no its not a daft we question. At the moment she's feeding the kitten fine. I think because her milk was already in, the stimulation from the kitten suckling should to keep the milk flowing. My friend had a dog who fed a litter of 9 pups after having a c-section delivery so I don't think I should be too worried :-)
thank you for answering my question. that makes sense that since tigger already has her milk in and kitten is stimulating through her suckling, tigger will keep producing milk.

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Quick update: Tigger is doing really well after her operation. The vet was a little concerned she might chew on her stitches as she can't wear one of those lampshade collar things but she doesn't mess with it at all, so that's great.

Her baby, Felix, is doing well too. He's not gained loads of weight but he is gaining so I'm sure that's got to be a good thing. He weighed 112g on day 2 and he now weighs 116g on day 4. I'm going to see if I can get some kitten milk replacement to help him along if he doesn't gain much in the next few days but I think he will be fine! :-)

Last edited:

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Quick update: Tigger is doing really well after her operation. The vet was a little concerned she might chew on her stitches as she can't wear one of those lampshade collar things but she doesn't mess with it at all, so that's great.

Her baby, Felix, is doing well too. He's not gained loads of weight but he is gaining so I'm sure that's got to be a good thing. He weighed 112g on day 2 and he now weighs 116g on day 4. I'm going to see if I can get some kitten milk replacement to help him along if he doesn't gain much in the next few days but I think he will be fine! :-)
I'm no expert but that's a very tiny weight gain for 2 days, they should gain 10g a day at least so I'd get the kitten milk replacer now rather than waiting, I guess it's possible Tiggers milk production has been affected by the section and also this little one had a rough start, from what I've read kittens can go downhill quickly so feeding him up is a must

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay thanks for the advice I will get some kitten milk replacer! Can I just get it straight from the vets?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They even sell it at Walmart, (do they even have Walmarts in England!?) or in your case the pet section at department stores. It's probably much cheaper there!

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No we don't have Walmart, we have a supermarket call Asda which is a subsidiary of Walmart so I can try there :-) Thanks

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I couldn't find it in any local places but I ordered off amazon and as I have a prime account I got it the next day, I imagine vets will sell it as well though which may be quicker

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ps I'm in England too, you can get 'kitten milk' in supermarkets but when you look at the back it says suitable from 6 weeks or something like that so it's not meant as a replacement for mums milk