pregnant cat!

rodentsncats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do ...if it's openings are close togather it's a female,if its father apart it's a male...in a male their genital area is round in a female it's slit like.
Tiggs...I come with possibly sad news I don't know what wrong...sage still hasn't had her kits but now she's in full blown heat she is supposingly 9 weeks pregnant as of today other than heat she has the signs of a normal pregnancy...what's wrong is she going to miscarriage them? Or is it labor? I don't know what to do,help me ;(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do ...if it's openings are close togather it's a female,if its father apart it's a male...in a male their genital area is round in a female it's slit like.
Tiggs...I come with possibly sad news I don't know what wrong...sage still hasn't had her kits but now she's in full blown heat she is supposingly 9 weeks pregnant as of today other than heat she has the signs of a normal pregnancy...what's wrong is she going to miscarriage them? Or is it labor? I don't know what to do,help me ;(
Hmm, did you have her pregnancy confirmed? Sounds to me like she may have had a phantom pregnancy! Where they look and act pregnant, but they're not.

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just a quick update on Felix: yesterday he was 141g, today he's 160g that's a total gain of 48g in a week. He's doing so well!

Last edited:

loopycann

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been where you were with a vengeance . About 9 yrs ago I used to paint.A house I was to paint had been and was filled with 40 cats more and less over 8 years.the people wanted the entire house painted inside .I insisted that they pay also for a clean- up of all the huge piles of litter and safe house the feral pet cats.About 4 hours later standing in inches of water I thought I heard a meowing so I cut the power washer.I f:rbheart:ollowed the noise to a room that the owners weren't using and lo and behold sitting in a pool of water that had snaked under the door,was a tiny kitten with clotted, pus filled eyes that were glued shut!shivering,skinny,and making those mewing sounds that make folks like us melt and start acting like the momma cat!He wasn't able to even see his mom to nurse with the rest who mom had brought up on a ottoman out of the water.At that moment I was on a mission.Took him home,cleaned and applied triple antibiotic to eyes,fed k milk and slept with him in the crook of my arm.I worked everyday.How to feed every 3or so hours?I got a knee high split 1/3 down tied the ends around my neck with kitty at the bottom of toe.Put a baggy shirt over it .There he could hear my heart,get warmth and be with me all day to get the much need milk.I climbed ladders in 40 degree weather and he never woke up except to feed.Needless to say there's a strong bond there.Named him paddy because when he woke up he would pat me on the mouth so I'd lean down and kiss him on the pink mouth.Am I Weird?Well yes,and proud of it,if being weird means making sacrifices to help the helpless.You have done a good thing and I'm so happy for you and tha kittahs.much love:rbheart:

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no, that must have been hard, I was lucky because mom cat, Tigger, was still there to do everything else, all I had to do was feed. But that's different now, she's got plenty of milk to go round now lol, I just need to keep an eye on his weight :-)

Last edited:

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm a bit confused about his colouring, i thought he was a brown/ginger classic tabby, but his legs are like a grey/blue colour! Having said that Tiggers is a brown tabby with ginger patches!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'm a bit confused about his colouring, i thought he was a brown/ginger classic tabby, but his legs are like a grey/blue colour! Having said that Tiggers is a brown tabby with ginger patches!

Oh he's gorgeous :rbheart:

He definitely a brown tabby. :D his legs are just a bit dark at the moment but they will lighten up as he get older ;)

Last edited:

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol thanx I just think that I made the decision to get her so even tho I didn't plan on any of this I'm going to give them all the best care I can I don't care how much it cost I don't even want to think about giving them away after ten weeks love them all already lol how's ur mum an kitty doing x

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww he's so cute, great news on the weight looks like things are on the up for the precious little thing

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol thanx I just think that I made the decision to get her so even tho I didn't plan on any of this I'm going to give them all the best care I can I don't care how much it cost I don't even want to think about giving them away after ten weeks love them all already lol how's ur mum an kitty doing x
I think by the time they're 10 weeks you'll he ready to rehome them lol.

Their absolute perfect, everything is going really well, after a very bad start Felix is now gaining weight absolutely fine. Tigger has got vets again tomorrow, her cesarean wound has not fully healed and Felix has opened it up a little by scratching at her tummy for milk, she not in any pain with it though and it is pretty much healed but I just want her to he checked over to be on safe side! I can't believe he's a week old already :-)

Last edited:

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What day did she have him? Are little ones were born last Tuesday week old today and your probly right after 10 weeks of no sleep I be giving them away lol. The only problem we having is because my snow is completely deaf she keeps lying on the kittens and they screen out but because she caint hear them she doesn't move so I have to keep getting up to move them lol.

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah Tigger had her first 2 on Monday but they both died, Felix was born on Tuesday like your :-)

Oh no, I didn't know she was deaf, poor girl. I'm sure in time she'll get the hang of it, when they are a bit bigger, good luck with your lovely brood :-)

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww sorry about the other two snow was only in labour for a short time had all 4 of them in about 2 hours x

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's ok, I'm glad I've just got Felix, makes him more special to me :-)... Had to have Tiggs at vets again today. She had her stitches out and also she wasn't too well, she's but put on some antibiotics. She's doing well though :-)