Pregnant Cat Concerns

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

....... Yes. :p But yeah, Granola was trying to go in my drawer that has all of my clothes in it so i just got al my clothes out and moved the towels with the fleece blanket over it and now shes just sitting there thinking about going in the cabinet above it... where all of my clothes are now.
LOL  Got any old stuff you don't want any more?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well she jumped out of the drawer and is in bed right now but I put some of my clothes back in and put the towels and blanket on top of it. Guess she doesn't think that's adequete anymore so she's been looking everywhere. She gave up and is taking a break I guess and now she's getting her cuddles

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How Is she doing otherwise? Has she been calm and eating and sleeping normally?

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's eating preetty good for a cat this far alone (definitely not eating as much as she was 2 weeks ago but ah well) and she sleeps a lot. She's been still loving and stays close to me asmuch as she can until the pain hits then she's shooting across the house and stops only to lick herself. Right now she's perched on the side of the bed and the movement on her sides doesn't even look like breathing it looks like that one scene at the end of Species 2 

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe Species 3... can't remember. They were all horrible anyways

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's been in the nest under my bed for almost an hour now.. Is she waiting for something to happen soon?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Perhaps. Is she just sleeping, or is she having contractions, or what?

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven't been down there to check on her because I just want to give her some space since that seems to be what she's wanting today. I shined my flashlight into the mirror and saw that Granola is awake so I'm not too sure what's going on. She always sleeps on the bed or blanket on the floor and has only stayed in any nesting place maybe once or twice and only just for a minute or two. Today, she's been trying out different nests and such and has settled in the one under my bed which is the one I wanted her to be in the most so I'm hoping she'll stay there.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Maybe you could tell me if she's sleeping or if anything is going on with her body or not. Just a quick check.

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alright I checked and she stil wasn't sleeping but as soon as she saw me looking she came out and is now wanting some attention. She's looking a bit strange though.... Perched on all fours with her head low. Her meows are a little more high-pitched than normal as well. Kinda chirping more than actually meowing. Her sides do kinda look like they're contracting and I think it might've not been the best thing ever for her to move and jump up on the bed

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We needed to know what is going on. Cats still jump around when they are pregnant. Let me know what develops.

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Of course of course :) I'll be updating soon but for now I'm going to hold her. Thank you!

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sleeping but breathing somewhat erratically... kind of looks like what I'd think contractions are but not as severe. They just woke her up and her mouth is open and she looks miserable and is crying. Maybe something soon? I'll keep updated. :D

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
amethyst leigh amethyst leigh

I think it may be time to take your cat to the vet. Her crying with nothing happening is beginning to concern me. As it is Sunday, you would need to have her examined at an emergency vet. Or do you have a PetSmart nearby with a Banfield Animal Hospital? I think she needs to be seen. Can you speak with your mother about this please?

Last edited:

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm still not seeing anything o.o Are you talking about from last night?

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh I seriously didn't see that until now o.o And yes, I think there is a PetSmart near here. I've been thinking it was nearing time to take her to be seen. I'll see when we can take her. Thank you for giving me advice. :) Also, I looked at the timing to try and schedule her gestation period. I remember that she hd just started to show around a week after Father's Day and assuming most cats don't show until 5 weeks, that puts her right t 9 weeks. I'm also going to try to get in touch with a friend of mine at vet school today.