Pregnant Cat Concerns

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Trust me, we would have taken her a long time ago if we had the money. Mum's afraid they'll want to do an ultrasound. If everything seems fine, would you reccomend it? 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes. Or an x-ray. It's really the only way to know unless they can reassure you from palpating her. I had an x-ray done here in Florida on my cat. It was $75, but told me everything I needed to know so I no longer had concerns. I felt it was worth the peace of mind as I had taken in a stray and had no clue as to when she mated. She's my avatar! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How sweet! :') Really, our babies really are worth every second and every cent that is spent. For six months, I stayed outside for hours and hours to gain Granola's trust and when I finally was able to even touch her, it was like a miracle. When I think about it, I still can't believe that she's laying right next to me right now. If $75+ is what it takes to make sure she's okay, then $75+ is what'll be put forward. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, see what the vet recommends. And you are establishing a relationship, so then you'll be able to call with questions and concerns.

jeapa507

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope Granola is doing ok. I just found your thread and read through it. You have done a great job in winning her trust and love.

I pray the vet visit went well and she and her babies are ok.

bemba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:( I was hoping to see the birth and what she had... hope it went well though.