Pawley - and all of us - could use your vibes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:bawing:

We went to visit Pawley today. He'd gotten out this morning, so was completely traumatized.

He looked SO unhappy, and SO miserable, Gary and I both just about burst out crying right there. He was hunched up in the corner - not hiding in or behind the house we brought (which apparently he had been until he got out).

I talked to him softly, then reached in to pet him - and he backed away, went up against the back wall, and turned away.

:bawling:

I really, really, really hope the vet will say he's OK to come home the week after his shot (which would be Thursday this coming week).

Fractious kitty. :(

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you mean "he'd gotten out"? I don't understand, I thought he was safe and caged at the vet?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He got out of his cage at the vet when they opened it to clean his litter and put out his food. He was contained in the boarding area, but they had to recapture him and put him back in a cage. :bawling:

We're taking Lazlo to see the vet today and get his x-ray and possibly ultrasound done. HOPEFULLY we'll find out when we can bring Pawley home. The earliest will be Thursday night, because we won't be ready until then.

We bought this crate in 42"

And we're buying this drafting table, used (it is 42" x 30"). We may have to fold up the side table to Gary's chair, depending on how the legs sit, but it will just slide over everything. Then Pawley will be up off the floor so kitties can't just sit and stare at him or hiss at him. They won't be able to sit on top of his crate. They will be able to "meet" him on the end towards the passenger chair if we let them (we'll cover with a blanket at first). And he'll have his own window.

The crate arrives tomorrow; the table on Thursday.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HOLY MOLY look at all of the wonderful pictures of your home/yard. I always LOVE LOVE to see photos of your home, inside and out. Such pretty views in your new yard. :D I have always loved that photo of Flowerbelle peeking out the little hole under the bed. You and Gary sure have come up with so many great ideas on how to make the most of the space in the RV. It always looks so cozy too. :heart3: I look around my home too and see nothing but kitty furniture, kitty/dog beds, toys and more toys... etc. It is all about their comfort. :lol3:

I know it was hard on you, so hard to see Pawley so upset after he escaped. :hugs: :hugs: It is alright now, he is safely back in a better located cage and I am sure they are taking extra precautions when they clean his cage. :nod: I hope the rounds get eliminated quickly. I am sure you will do another stool check before he is allowed freedom in the RV. Hopefully - NEGATIVE at that point. :cross: And, LAURIE, brilliant on the idea of putting the crate up on that table! :clap: :clap: :clap: See what I mean???? You two know how to make the most out of your space in your home. :D :D :D Well, just a few more days till his homecoming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :dance: :bigthumb:

Continuing those stay strong and get well vibes to Pawley, I know he must be dealing with A LOT. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pawley won't be sharing the litter box with anyone, so he can come home as soon as we're ready for him - that will be Thursday or Friday. :cross: He'll need to be on the panacur for another week, and what matters is a stool re-check in 2 or 3 weeks.

We took Laz in today (LOOKING GOOD! :woohoo: ), and they didn't want me to see Pawley. His cage is covered, he's at the far end away from activity, and he's settled.... :heart2: I could have demanded, but I trust this vet's judgment (OUR vet, not Vet-we-don't-like ;) ).

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loved seeing all the photos, as well. Thank you for sharing.  
  I'm sorry to hear Pawley got out, but like @Feralvr said, it's okay now. Gee, I couldn't imagine Pawley being in better hands than the two of you. 
  What a lucky dog...ahem...cat. 

So glad to hear everything's looking good with Laz! 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
More :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :alright: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: because looking at those pictures again of Pawley in the cage (and that Fractious Cat :frown2: sign) must have been so upsetting and I would have cried too. :hugs: :hugs: Just know that he will be alright and home soon. :heart3: My heart is with yours this week as you wait for his homecoming. :heart3: I know this part IS NOT EASY. This is the hardest part - the vet quarantine. It is all down hill from here. :nod: :bigthumb: :cross: :vibes:

FOR LAZLO'S xray results !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :jump: :wow: :woo: And all those other happy crazy emoticons. :D Such a relief and good news all around. :clap::clap:

p.s. Looking back at the RV pictures too - I didn't notice Baloo on TOP OF THE canopy and roof. :flail: Is there nowhere sacred from his advances??!! :lol2: What a guy.

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And we've a busy week, so hopefully that'll help things go more quickly! :cross:

p.s. Looking back at the RV pictures too - I didn't notice Baloo on TOP OF THE canopy and roof. :flail: Is there nowhere sacred from his advances??!! :lol2: What a guy.

Yep! He takes policing his territory to a whole new level. ;) :lol3:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
PAWLEY IS HOME! :D :D :heart2: :clap:

All of his things arrived yesterday, even though the table wasn't supposed to arrive until today. :clap:

So I put them up today. :D

For perspective:

I let the curious kitties explore it. :)

...And then we went to pick him up. He sat quietly - not freaking - in the carrier in my lap on the drive home. He sniffed and sniffed and sniffed at my glove (the one on my hand that always petted him). We reached the deck, and he started meowing a bit. Baloo was there to greet us, and Pawley recognized home! I think he was excited we were going to let him out. I'm sorry, baby boy, we're going up and in, not down and out.

We released him into the cage. He seemed curious more than scared. He went and sat in the litter box (of course). We talked gently to him for just a minute or two, then loved on the other kitties, who really took no notice of him. They'd been introduced to his smell (vis wash cloths I wiped him with while petting him outside).

About five minutes after being home, Pawley meowed. Apparently he was announcing he had to poop! Which he did - and WOW did it stink! I don't know if his gut is still adjusting (been on a probiotic for a week) or if it's the Panacur (for round worm and lung worm) or... :dk:

Then he scooched over and sat in a different spot in the litter box. We went about our business, ignoring him. Glanced over - and he was IN his cat bed! :clap: (At the vet, he laid on top of the little bed cube we'd brought).

(Sorry, you can't see him - but he's in there!)

I went to feed the ferals - I'm sure he could hear me call their dinner. Then I fed the kitties dinner. Gary put his food in his cage (I'm not feeding him raw yet, just putting a couple of bites of meat next to his canned).

At the vet, he only came out to eat at night. I figure it'll take a few days. :rub: I left it out for half an hour. I will leave his last night meal of food out overnight. Not sure how long we'll do this. Well - at least the week, as he needs to eat his panacur in that meal for another week.

He's laying on his side now, his head resting on the edge of the front of the bed, just watching. I expect that once he relaxes a bit more, he'll spend quite a bit of time sleeping. The last week must have been very stressful. :heart2:

Last edited:

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great setup! You really know how to make the most of your living space.

Glad to read (and see) that Pawley is settling in. I bet he's just glad to be home. 

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I'm SURE he's relieved to be out of the vet. :lol3: I'm not sure he realizes he's "home" yet. :heart2:

..and when there's a will, there's a way. :D

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so happy for Pawley and hope he settles quickly.  He is so lucky to have you and Gary!  Keep us posted on all of his progress.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YAY YAY PAWLEY IS HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He knows it too. FOR SURE. He heard your voice calling for dinner outside and was probably wondering - WHAT THE "H" is going on??? Shouldn't I be out there??? :lol3: :lol2: OH MY HEART. :heart3: :lol3: Laurie !!!!!! It looks beautiful - the set up. He will LOVE LOVE that window!!! He can see where he once was and soon he will know that this IS THE LIFE. :heart3: LOOK AT HIM in his cute Armakat cubby. Pretty cool that his new bro's and sis' are not too taken back by his homecoming. I have a wonderful feeling that things are going to go really, really well. I can't wait for the daily updates on his progress. He has to feel so good tonight :9:. I am sure he will sleep well tonight. Not sure about all of you - the excitement of a new baby in the home. Love to all of you and give your crew extra kisses from me. :hugs: :kisskiss: :hugs:

Last edited:

asherdash

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It looks like a great place for kitties in there. You all are very kind hearted people. I've been following the adventures of Pawley daily :) a BIG WELCOME HOME to Pawley!

lrosewiles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes a big welcome home, well done!  Here's wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery and soon being out patrolling his new space!