Name three things - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the furkids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Must run to the grocery store for road trip food during lunch
  • Last-minute laundry, take Jackie to the kennel, pick up Boo's ashes, packing
  • General straightening-up throughout the house, maybe a quick vacuum, scoop
I totally lost it when my Harry's cremains arrived.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I totally lost it when my Harry's cremains arrived.
Rick and I were teary-eyed the whole way home from the vet on Thursday night. It was not really a good night and it was probably good that I was really busy that night. I'm looking at it that BooBoo is home with us again and he's with Banshee. 
 And they're probably in the midst of a good smackdown! 
 Rick is doing better, now that it's done and we have BooBoo's ashes back home. 

Back to work today. Rick is off, so he's working on laundry from our weekend away. He gave the cats their breakfast and scooped boxes this morning. He's picking up Jackie from the kennel this morning.
  • 4 miles on the treadmill this morning, grabbed a quick shower and came into work
  • Planning Commission meeting this afternoon after work
  • Grocery shopping after I get home from the meeting 
  • It's an exercise night tonight

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, if he wants clean clothes, he has to do the laundry if I'm not there. I offered to do it Sunday night after we got home, but he said he'd take care of it. And since he was off work anyway, I figured it was fine! 

• The breakfast thing with the cats and The Beast, 2 miles on the treadmill this morning, scooped the boxes, general straightening-up, made the bed, grabbed a shower. Rick took The Beast out for her morning pee and emptied out the dishwasher. The Beast goes out twice in the morning, as soon as we get out of bed and then right before Rick leaves for work, he takes her out again for a quick pee.
  • Yesterday I made an appointment to have the car detailed. The guy's coming into work around 9 to pick Hannah up, he'll give her a good cleaning, and then bring her back this afternoon. I consider it $65 well spent to have it done right and there's no way I have time to completely clean the car out. On the way into work this morning, I stopped at the station and filled the gas tank. 
  • We have to run down to Sears tonight to pay the monthly bill on the treadmill. When we bought it, it was interest-free for 6 months (I think it was six months). The monthly bill is due tonight, so we have to pay that, but then I'm going down on Friday night to pay the rest of the bill off. That was nice. We made payments and didn't have to worry about any interest on it. 
  • Other than that, it's just scooping the boxes and doing those PT stretches and some ab work; crunches mostly and some squats.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- put gas in the truck
- go to the ATM
- day out after that with a friend.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My car looks wonderful after being in the garage for a good wash and wax and they did a great job on the interior. They can get all the little nooks and crannies that I can never seem to reach well. He picked it up here around 10:30 yesterday morning and brought it back around 2:00 in the afternoon. A wonderful job.
  • Rick ended up with a sinus headache yesterday (I think it was part stress from work, too), so we didn't go to the mall last night. We'll run down to Sears tonight.
  • Tonight is trash night, so clean out the litter boxes
  • I have two small loads of laundry. I could probably let them go for another time, but I know how dirty clothes seem to propagate around here. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Love it. Presume Hannah is your car?
Yes, she is my Hyundai Tucson. 
  Clarence is my PT Cruiser. 

Rick has jury duty today, but he got up with me anyway, so he could take the dog out. I fed the kids and while he emptied the dishwasher, I did 2.25 miles on the treadmill. Shower and work.

Rick is bowling early tonight, so I'll have to get a move on when I get home and, with jury duty, I'm not really sure what time he'll get home. After he leaves to bowl, I will
  • Make my sugar cookie dough and chill in the fridge. I put butter in the microwave to take the chill off while I'm at work.
  • While the dough is chilling, do a quick vacuum and Swiffer about the house
  • Scoop the boxes
  • Bake sugar cookies (they're for the birthday party on Saturday afternoon). I'm going to cut leaves, brush them with maple syrup, then sprinkle maple sugar over the tops. Should be pretty. I don't decorate well; my sister and I were going to try to decorate cookies, but she can't come over tonight, so I'm on my own.

boellp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
-Feed new cat, still allowing him to adjust

-Drove to work

-Working my butt off 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Got cookie doughs made for the sugar cookies and for chocolate chip cookies (our granddaughter's request for the chocolate chip) last night, stuck the doughs in the fridge and that's as far as I got. I'll have to bake them tonight.
  • Breakfast for the furkids, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, scooped boxes, grabbed my shower
  • I think we're paying the treadmill bill off tonight
  • Must bake cookies
  • It's an exercise night

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Going to try to go for a walk.

Maybe do some yard work

general straightening

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  1. Laundry is going.
  2. Call for HVAC service again. I got a contract emailed to me and I replied back that I accept (as per the email) and to please call me to schedule but no one has yet
    I also mailed the contract just in case.
  3. Independent grocery store and supermarket to buy ingredents for dinner. I could buy everything at the supermarket but the shallots there tend to be shriveled and expensive and I don't need a whole bag of of carrots, just one.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Husband is divorcing me so had house appraised this morning. Hoping against hope it will appraise well. Off to my new divorce attorney this afternoon to sign engagement agreement & give him his retainer check of $4,000. My life sucks.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The party for Rick's mom is this afternoon. I think I have everything I need for the party: lots of plates, cups, silverware, napkins, paper towels, a trash bag for the trash, cake knife, coffee, punch, tea, etc. I baked the cookies last night. I was going to make candles, but can't find my candle cookie cutter. So I cut out some leaves and some turkeys...kind of autumnish, I guess. Glazed them with maple syrup, then sprinkled with a mixture of autumn-looking sugars. I think they look OK. The grands will love them anyway. 
 Rick tried them last night and said they were good, but what else is he going to say? They're cookies! He loves his cookies.
  • Breakfast for the furkids, emptied the dishwasher, 4 miles on the treadmill, made the bed. Rick scooped the boxes. Still have to grab my shower.
  • Errands: banking, pick up the cake for the Birthday Lady, run into the chocolate store for some chocolates for her.
  • We have to run up to the Amish man to pay for Rick's desk. They called and said it's finished....I can't wait to see it! Rick still hasn't figured out where he's going to put the thing. He didn't even consider how he was paying for it. I told him last night that I'd pay for it and we'd consider it part of his Christmas present this year and he said that was fine. Men!

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Husband is divorcing me so had house appraised this morning. Hoping against hope it will appraise well. Off to my new divorce attorney this afternoon to sign engagement agreement & give him his retainer check of $4,000. My life sucks.
I'm sorry, Primula. 

boellp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
-last day at work so im just waitting for time to pass

-going to get some rest for my hockey and baseball games later

-spend time with the family and kittys 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Up early for Mass..

Home to read newspapers and feed Artie

Out to church to observe a Christening Rite. The Deacon at my church wants me to help him with the baptisms. He needs a base of at least 3 people whom he can train to help him during the service.... I am still undecided if I want to do this..As it is, I am so involved in the Church's different ministries:  usher, take care of candle room, Eucharist Minister, Social Committee, Festival Adbook Committee, help decorate church for holidays, and now assisting with baptisms..

home to have supper

Try to stay awake to watch the debate tonight....

busy day!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Need to straighten-up a messy kitchen
  • Rick brought the union's laptop home for me to update, scan, etc.
  • Laundry, vacuum, wipe down the bathroom, change the bedsheets
  • Looks like I'll be mowing the lawn today (for the first time in well over a month, I think). Rick is going to start digging cannas and elephant ears out of their beds to store in the basement over the winter. I'll have to trim the geraniums and bring them in the basement.
  • Going to try to watch more than five minutes of the debate tonight (before I throw the remote at the tv)
No treadmill. Taking a break this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.