Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Up early for Church

Regular morning stuff

Read Sunday papers

Going to a fund raiser for the Humane Society ~~ it should be interesting...I only know one other person there. 

Praying that Artie does not leave me any more 'gifts' around the house. Good thing I have a towel on my bed for him to lie down on. When I came home yesterday, I found a big smear of poop on the towel. poor baby...

He must have had a tummy ache. He did not want to be bothered last night, although he did sleep with me and ate some food during the night. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
@Artiemom, I hope Artie will be feeling better soon. There was some kind of bug going around our cat clan a couple weeks ago. Lots of runny poop and the kids took turns throwing up. Not pretty. But it seems to have worked its way through the clan and the kids are doing much better. When you have multi-cats, it seems that when one cat gets sick, it has to work its way through everybody before it's gone. I hope Artie gets over his bug soon.

So today....I'm taking a vacation day, just to do some shopping. Don't know what I'll buy, if anything, but it will be nice to get out for a while.
  • Did the breakfast thing with the kids, emptied out the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, made the bed. (Once it gets light outside, I'll hit the treadmill in the basement)
  • Need to go to the bank this morning
  • One thing I did not do over the weekend was clean windows. There's cat schnoofle on the bay window in the living room, so while I'm at it, I'm going to clean all the windows.
  • It's an exercise night tonight.
  • Need to call our ISP. I'm having a horrible time with my email. Using Outlook 2013 and my emails aren't coming through. It's been like this now for a good month, but I haven't dealt with it; I've just been doing the web email thing through my ISP. But enough is enough and I'm now frustrated enough to call and ask for help. I don't know if it's Kaspersky carrying on (although I've even turned Kaspersky off and the emails still won't download) or if Outlook got corrupted or what happened. And I don't know if my ISP can even help me, but I figure it's a place to start anyway.
New season begins tonight for Lucifer. Tom Ellis plays an excellent little devil. 

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester, you are a powerhouse in taking care of your house. It must be lovely inside. So many folks are just slobs.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i got the beef stew going in the slow cooker -- i had prepped almost everything for this recipe yesterday. then i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes. that's pretty much 'it' for today for me. i just finished two days of chores, so my house is clean, tidy, and organized.

this afternoon, i plan on watching some tv shows, maybe some reading too.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
today was a lazy day...kind of.. 

Did not have a good nights sleep.. long story..it was a very fitful sleep..so I did not feel rested. Artie did cuddle tight with me...

I got up late, so I was late getting going.

I did accomplish a quick dusting and swiffering around the house..

Washed several loads of laundry. Still have to put them away.

On the computer a lot

Made a phone call

took a long nap while on the recliner. I could still hear the TV though, so 

made a salad for supper...

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took my daily 2 hour walk in the rain. First time I have used an umbrella in weeks.
Was able to put moisturizer on my face instead of sunscreen. Yea.
Developed an afternoon migraine. Because of the rain? Took Excedrin & it's moving on. Nothing worse than a migraine IMO.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Winchester, you are a powerhouse in taking care of your house. It must be lovely inside. So many folks are just slobs.
Thanks, but......not really. I try, I really do, but I'm outnumbered by six cats and a dog, so there's always something funky going on! 

I really was going to do my exercises last night, but til I got home from the vet with Boo, my head was throbbing. Gobbled a quick sandwich for dinner and I went to bed. Slept til 9, watched about half of Lucifer, til I fell asleep again, then I was awake at 3:30 so I watched a bit of mindless tv. I finally fell back asleep and woke up around 5:30 this morning when the cats started yelling for their breakfast.
  • Breakfast for the furkids, scooped the boxes, emptied out the dishwasher, grabbed my shower, etc.
  • Going home during my lunch break to check on BooBoo, so no walk today.
  • I'm going to try to catch up with the exercises I didn't get done last night. But honestly, I make no promises.
I'm just really tired right now.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- get dinner in the crockpot
- make spaghetti sauce from tomatoes from our garden
- general straightening and such

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff

Have to run up to PetSmart and drop off some supplies for the Humane Society

Trader Joes for a few things

Walmart, on the way there for a few things..

I did put the laundry away, 

Brushed Artie

Have to make a salad for supper

dump the trash

All in all an easy day..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill (that's all I could do because it took time to be with Boo this morning). Rick emptied the dishwasher, then went back to the couch for a nap.
  • Laundry night, unless Rick does it while he's home today
  • Trash night, so clean out the litterboxes
Did I mention that I finally got my email fixed? Yes! I ended up having to create a new account and then deleted my old account. Once I set it all back up, everything started coming through and email has been working fine since. *knock on wood* I did have to call my ISP to make sure that numbers and such hadn't changed and the CSR there talked me through things, just to make sure that I was on the right track. I will say that the tech who work for PenTele Data are really great people. They have excellent patience and they made sure I knew what I was doing. I have never had a problem when dealing with them. They're really good. I had been having this problem with my email for quite a while now and when I told the techie that, she told me right out, that I should call right away, that that's what they're there for, that's their job. I was pleased and I would highly recommend PenTele Data. Great techies.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Winchester, i'm so glad your email issue has been fixed!

today should be a relatively quiet day here.

i started out by reading a chapter in my book. always a positive way to start my day!

i've already made the phone call i needed to, then sent off a couple emails. our punky seems to be feeling better this morning (she vomited 4 times yesterday evening, all her dinner came up and then yellow bile. 1/4 tab pepcid ac and giving her tummy overnight to settle down, and she's doing fine with jar baby food so far today). i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. transfer some of the beef stew to a container and pop that in the freezer. then i'll work on my budget for a while.

after that, i plan on watching some tv for a bit.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@Winchester, i'm so glad your email issue has been fixed!

today should be a relatively quiet day here.

i started out by reading a chapter in my book. always a positive way to start my day!

i've already made the phone call i needed to, then sent off a couple emails. our punky seems to be feeling better this morning (she vomited 4 times yesterday evening, all her dinner came up and then yellow bile. 1/4 tab pepcid ac and giving her tummy overnight to settle down, and she's doing fine with jar baby food so far today). i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. transfer some of the beef stew to a container and pop that in the freezer. then i'll work on my budget for a while.

after that, i plan on watching some tv for a bit.
i ran the self-cleaning on the oven today too. i always like the windows open when the oven is cleaning, as it's such a......strong smell. today was warm enough to have the windows open, but not too hot for running the 3-hour oven cleaning cycle. i should be all set for the winter with the oven now, won't need to run the self-cleaning again until spring.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- go for a walk! I haven't done that in ages

- do some work out in the yard - also haven't done that in ages

- A few errands

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! Email is still working! 
 I hope your kitty is doing better!

The courthouse called Rick late yesterday afternoon. His jury duty was cancelled, so he had to go into work this morning.  And he's bowling early tonight. He slept on the couch again last night in case Boo started moving around and had problems. He'll sleep on the couch again tonight.
  • Rick did breakfast for the furkids and emptied the dishwasher, I did 4 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower, and came to work.
  • Going home over lunch to check on Boo
  • I want to do a quick vacuum and Swiffer tonight, nothing big
  • Forgot about Big Bang being new on Monday, so I'll see if it's on On Demand tonight. And then watch Lucifer again, since I fell asleep on Monday night.
I think we may go outside to work a bit this weekend. I have to pick up walnuts and flowers need cutting back.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  1.  Take the cats to the vet for their annual check up.
  2. I wrote out checks for bills yesterdat (yes I still write checks for a few things
    ) and have to put those in the mailbox. One I just need to drop off at the management office's box.
  3. Put the laundry I did yesterday away. I hung them up to dry.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today:

Up and out a bit early to take car into garage just to check the Freon level in AC...

Fast morning chores (abbreviated version)

Washing some pillow cases now.

Will clean bathroom, wash shower curtains and vacuum today. 

See how the rest of the day goes.. still have to dust, change sheets, dump out old pillows...Perhaps Sunday or Monday...

Wash towels...

? wash litter box... or early next week...

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(yes I still write checks for a few things
I still pay all our bills by check. I enjoy the ritual of writing the checks each month, putting stamps on the envelopes, & then searching for a mailbox. (Few & far between where I live.)

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
today;

Up early for Mass

Breakfast

Wash and change bed linen

Read newspaper

Out to help at Humane Society

Pick up a chicken kabob Greek Salad for supper

Watch the new shows that are on TV tonight..

keep myself from falling asleep until bedtime...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I think our bills are probably paid half online and half by check.
  • While I fed the furkids this morning, Rick took Jackie out and then he scooped the boxes
  • Changed the bedsheets this morning and on the second (and final) load of laundry (unless I decide to do a load of kitty blankets and pillowcases)
  • A quick vacuum and Swiffer around the house, clean the bathroom, wipe down the kitchen
  • I need to go over to my sister's to check on their furkids and while I'm out, hit the grocery store for a bag of russets and some milk (didn't go to the grocery store at all last week while Rick was gone)

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hope to have a peaceful Sunday. First, as always, we will go to church. I have a couple of chicken breast to grill later with some roasted rutabagas. After all that, I hope to sit on the porch with the cat and color.

:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.