Name three things - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Name three things that you have done or will do today -
  • Finish putting things in as much order in the bedroom as we can. It doesn't make sense to put everything back, only to have to move it all around again to put in the new floorboards. We'll do what we can for now.
  • A trip to Lowes is probably in order this afternoon.
  • Just general clean-up and straightening-up as we go. Scoop the boxes. That kind of thing. Nothing real strenuous today.
  • I may spend some time tonight going through bureau drawers.

Last edited by a moderator:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- laundry
- some general straightening
- maybe a walk

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
kind of a lazy day...

Plan to work on taking decorations down..and vacuum..

that is about it.

The optimum word is: Plan!! 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a few laundry items that I have to wash out by hand.

I have a lot of sweet potatoes on hand. I want to bake them and freeze them, unpeeled in a Ziploc baggie.

I have a few pieces of laundry that need to be ironed. I try hard not to let ironing stack up as I hate to do it so bad. :lol3:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I took down all the decorations! Lots of work!

Vacuumed

threw trash out, 

planning supper now

That is it...oh in addition to my regular daily stuff of medicating Artie, washing dishes, picking up, etc....

Have lots of laundry to do for the week end and next week...also to get the house back to normal..it will take time... a little each day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I threw my back out this morning while, of all things, bending down to plug in the treadmill! It hurts and while I can breathe, I can't make any sudden moves. It really hurts.
  • Run to the supermarket for two cans of pork and beans, a can of kidney beans, and some buns for tonight's dinner. Also hit the beer mart for a case of Smirnoff Ice. The mall for that darn treadmill kit, although Rick is saying to try to deal with it til spring and the basement warms back up again. 
  • A quick vacuum about the house, a quick Swiffer, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom, and scoop the boxes. That should get us through for card night, as long as nobody comes into the computer room...it's quite messy back here with boxes and totes and the like!
And I think that will be about it.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
- Chop up some more of Sara's Pepcid and methimazole

- Go somewhere (anywhere)

- Try to chin up (it's just one of those days)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is in the basement, working on my treadmill. I tried this morning, but that belt is really shaky. The squeaks I can deal with, if I have to, but the slipping is not safe.
  • I have the first of two loads of laundry in the washer.
  • After I'm finished with my coffee, I'm going to start taking down decorations in the kitchen and throughout the living room.
  • Later on this afternoon, we will start taking down the tree. Rick will have to go outside to take down what little outside things we have. After we're finished, a quick vacuum about the living room and kitchen.
And then Christmas will be over for another year. 

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
- Mentally get ready for going back to work tomorrow

- Feed Sara her k/d later

- Gas up the car (it's supposed to snow tomorrow)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Coming back to work after a 4-day weekend is really crappy. Rick came home early last Monday morning and had the rest of the week off. So he's really suffering this morning....not that I pity him one bit. I mean, come on, almost a whole week? I want his job! (Not really.) So:
  • I have to get through my Monday AND convince myself that walking during lunch today is good thing. 22 degrees with a brisk wind and lots of snow showers. Looks like winter decided to make an appearance. I brought my long underwear and my winter coat with my ear muffs and gloves.
    And last week? I wore a sweatshirt! Oy
  • Grocery shopping tonight, not much on the list other than cat supplies, paper towels, and Granny Smith apples.
  • Target to pick up meds and Staples to pick up a new daily calendar for my date book. I use the calendar to keep track of miles walked, exercises, and as a food journal. And it's interesting a few months into the year to see where I was at back at the beginning of the year.
  • My iPad should be in today! 
  • Rick has Physical Therapy this afternoon on his arm, so I will have to take care of The Beast when I get home tonight because I shall get home before him. THAT's going to be interesting, since we've been home pretty much all last week! This is her first day home alone again....and I get to deal with that. Lucky me! Not!

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • I have to get through my Monday AND convince myself that walking during lunch today is good thing. 22 degrees with a brisk wind and lots of snow showers. Looks like winter decided to make an appearance. I brought my long underwear and my winter coat with my ear muffs and gloves.
    And last week? I wore a sweatshirt! Oy
When I took the dog out this morning before I left for work, it was 51 and overcast. I thought I was going to get frostbite  

Now I don't feel quite so bad. I wore a hoodie to work and now I have my cardigan on. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
  • Bathed two kittens at the shelter
  • Steam cleaned a cat room, two cat trees and a corridor
  • Laundry and dishes

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
- Made and ate something for dinner

- Will pill/treat the cats soon

- Get the carrier ready for Penelopy. She's getting her stitches out tomorrow! And I'm taking her to my vet. The convenience of location and being able to go right next door is worth the $$. It would be free at the vet she was spayed at but well, taking her to my vet, lol. They can't wait to meet her!

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Call for a job ad (keeping fingers crossed!)

Have a blood test 

Take down the Christmas tree and decorations

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

When I took the dog out this morning before I left for work, it was 51 and overcast. I thought I was going to get frostbite  

Now I don't feel quite so bad. I wore a hoodie to work and now I have my cardigan on. 

9 this morning! I am not amused! As soon as I got down off the hill, we went up to 12. I'm thankful that Hannah has a remote starter and front seat warmers. I started the car before I made my coffee. And I have the car heater on both sides up to 80 degrees....it was toasty til I was ready to leave. I had to stop for gas this morning and thought I was going to freeze fast to the car. I can't handle being cold. 

Rick took Jackie out to pee this morning and he was all bundled up. He said he kept saying, "C'mon, Jackie. Hurry up, Jackie. C'mon Jackie." He was a popsicle when they came back inside. And I will say that it didn't take Jackie long to pee, although it may have seemed longer to Rick!
  • Just a quick vacuum about the house and a quick clean-up in the kitchen. 
Ans I think that will be about it for my night.

Last edited:

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
- Have coffee

- Go to vet to get Pea-Pea's stitches out

- Go to work

Yeah, terribly exciting day ahead, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.