Name three things - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We ended up with about 4.5 inches of snow yesterday. The roads are fine, though, and I made it to work with no trouble. We tend to worry about the road in front of our house; it's a state road, but PennDOT is so busy keeping the main roads open that they sometimes leave roads like ours for later. We live a few miles off the main highway, so it can be tricky sometimes getting down off the hill. But this morning, everything was fine. Black ice in spots, but OK.
  • Fed the kids their breakfast and cleaned up, scooped the boxes, 2.75 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, and grabbed a quick shower. On my way into work, I put some gas into Hannah. We're at $1.86 a gallon here in central PA.
  • Trash night tonight, so wash out the litter boxes and get the trash can down to the road for pick-up tomorrow morning.
  • I separated three loads of laundry on the hallway floor this morning, so I can start right in on laundry as soon as I get home from work.
Supernatural is on tv tonight, so I'm hoping to be in bed by 9:00. Need my weekly SN fix. 

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
- Call the repair place to make sure the guy is out here ASAP this morning to replace the breaker
- Pray to the pipe gods that nothing burst while it froze upstairs (we turned off the water but that still makes me paranoid - having them burst twice in ten years will do that!)
- Pray to the repair gods that the furnace actually gets fixed for longer than an hour this time around

The 20 year old cat that owns the lady upstairs is quite ornery about not being able to go up there. We would let her if not for the fact that she'd go into a hidey hole and not come out (because she did that yesterday) and it's just too cold for that up there.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- grocery store
- some type of exercise
- work some more on getting everything together for taxes

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I feel so bad for poor Jaspurr ! first to have an allergic reaction to the stove tempering...and then possible food reaction..that is too much for his little body...

I am surprised he would have a reaction from the Rabbit.  I am wondering if it is related more to the freeze dried raw, than it is to the rabbit...Which brand of the rabbit did you try?

I use the Pride rabbit. It is not 100% rabbit, but it is mixed with pork and some spinach...my guy Loves it..

It is under the Natures Variety line.

I do have the NV regular rabbit. It is rabbit and pork, along with some carrots and peas...no grain added...

I have also tried the Wild Calling Rabbit---really sinks, but it seems to be a high quality. I called the company. They state it is made from Rabbit Liver; that is why the high price on it..

I think it is wise to have Jasper's system calm down a bit, before exploring raw alternatives. 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Thanks for asking about Artie. I did reschedule his dental until the 22nd; but I am on a waiting list for a cancellation for this upcoming Monday. I am able to take him in any day at all. I would like his Vet to do the Dental, rather than someone who does not really know him..

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Mercy Street! I have not gotten to the third episode yet--maybe this week end....I really do enjoy it. I like to catch 2 hours of it..In other words, two episodes, back to back. I really feel as if I can get a good character development and story line by taking in the 2 hours...

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Also loved the first year's installment of Poldark--on PBS...Awesome!! 

*************************************************************************************************************************************

So glad Jaspurr's blood work came out very good....That has to be a load off your mind.

As far as the Pepcid goes. I give my guy 1/2 of a Pepcid AC every day. It does seem to help. I put it in a gel cap and use a pill guy to get it into him. I also give him about 5cc of water immediately after the capsule, so it goes down easily...

Artie is so good. All I have to do is put the pill gun up to the center of his mouth, say "Open" and he does....of course he is trapped in the "Medicine Positon", but I do not have to pry his mouth open anymore. He does it automatically, as soon as I touch the pill gun to his mouth and say 'open",...

Animals--Cats are amazing...

Thanks for asking about my guy....

Now please go cuddle with your family!!

((hugs))
yes, my boy has had a rough time lately, what with two issues happening one right after the other. but today he seems back to his usual happy, playful, and (finally) snuggly self! jaspurr and the girls played together for several hours straight today, while i did some chores around the house.

oh, i agree! i don't think it was the rabbit canned cat food (nature's variety, pride), but it was a protein he'd never tried before. i think it was either something about the stella & chewy's chick chick chicken freeze dried raw (btw -- our bag was not among those recalled), or raw food in general that just may not agree with him in particular. he was only eating a very, very small amount of the freeze dried raw and only 1-2 times per day for a short time -- i'm just in the early stages of introducing raw. i may very well decide to stick with canned and just dry as treats occasionally for our jaspurr.

our jaspurr has a tooth that the vet is keeping an eye on now. it's not causing him any pain now, but may eventually need to be extracted. so, i'll start setting aside money in my budget specifically for that. if it does need extracting, i'll hope it can wait until next february -- which is National Pet Dental Health Month -- thank you, @Angels mommy for mentioning that to me! i'll keep an eye out for news of your Artie's dental being done.

oh, that's a great idea there! i wish i could find the time to watch two hours of tv, just not really happening much lately. hmmm, i haven't seen Poldark on PBS...i'll have to check that out. what is Poldark about?

oh, wow! i was so worried about our jaspurr's blood work results. it's a very big relief to know everything is fine -- especially the calcium, blood glucose, and bun/creatinine levels -- cancer, diabetes, and CKD.

jaspurr is now being tapered off the pepcid, starting today. he does not do well being pilled, so i dissolve the 1/4 tab pepcid in warm water then mix it into his wet food. so much easier and no stress (of being pilled) for my boy. my little snick was an incredibly easy cat to pill. i'd just get a pill ready in the pill shooter, walk over to her, open her mouth and pop it in, and she'd swallow it. there were times she'd be getting several pills one right after another, and that was no problem for my girl either. snick was just 'good as gold', as i'd always tell her! 

jaspurr hadn't come to snuggle with me in bed for several nights, while he wasn't feeling well, but last night and this morning he snuggled under the blankets with me and in my arms -- that made my day! 
  of course, deedee and punkin (allie) snuggle with me throughout the day and evening, so between the three cats i'm well looked after as far as snuggling goes! 

today i ended up having a pretty busy day --

i did my usual daily chores, and also made a call, made coconut cream (instant) pudding, unpacked the chewy order that was delivered then reorganized the cat food rotation, ran the washing machine, wrote up my 'to do' list for tomorrows busy day, worked with my budget for a while, and located and made a copy of a document that i need to send off tomorrow.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Fed the kids this morning and then cleaned-up, scooped the boxes, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, grabbed a shower, and came into work. BooBoo beat me to the bed today and I didn't have the heart to move him, so the bed is unmade. Oh, Mollipop gave me a hairball at 3:00 this morning, so I cleaned that up.
  • Jackie's vet hospital called yesterday; I need to stop in on my way home from work to pick up food for The Beast. She goes through a 17-pound bag of her food about every 5-6 weeks, at 1-1/2 cups a day, plus snacks.
  • Other than a quick scoop of the boxes, I'm not planning much tonight. Dear Richard is bowling early, so I might make it an early night and go to bed with my Nook for a while. I've been working on this book now for a well over a week....I start reading and am asleep just that quickly.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

yes, my boy has had a rough time lately, what with two issues happening one right after the other. but today he seems back to his usual happy, playful, and (finally) snuggly self! jaspurr and the girls played together for several hours straight today, while i did some chores around the house.

oh, i agree! i don't think it was the rabbit canned cat food (nature's variety, pride), but it was a protein he'd never tried before. i think it was either something about the stella & chewy's chick chick chicken freeze dried raw (btw -- our bag was not among those recalled), or raw food in general that just may not agree with him in particular. he was only eating a very, very small amount of the freeze dried raw and only 1-2 times per day for a short time -- i'm just in the early stages of introducing raw. i may very well decide to stick with canned and just dry as treats occasionally for our jaspurr.

our jaspurr has a tooth that the vet is keeping an eye on now. it's not causing him any pain now, but may eventually need to be extracted. so, i'll start setting aside money in my budget specifically for that. if it does need extracting, i'll hope it can wait until next february -- which is National Pet Dental Health Month -- thank you, @Angels mommy for mentioning that to me! i'll keep an eye out for news of your Artie's dental being done.

oh, that's a great idea there! i wish i could find the time to watch two hours of tv, just not really happening much lately. hmmm, i haven't seen Poldark on PBS...i'll have to check that out. what is Poldark about?

oh, wow! i was so worried about our jaspurr's blood work results. it's a very big relief to know everything is fine -- especially the calcium, blood glucose, and bun/creatinine levels -- cancer, diabetes, and CKD.

jaspurr is now being tapered off the pepcid, starting today. he does not do well being pilled, so i dissolve the 1/4 tab pepcid in warm water then mix it into his wet food. so much easier and no stress (of being pilled) for my boy. my little snick was an incredibly easy cat to pill. i'd just get a pill ready in the pill shooter, walk over to her, open her mouth and pop it in, and she'd swallow it. there were times she'd be getting several pills one right after another, and that was no problem for my girl either. snick was just 'good as gold', as i'd always tell her! 

jaspurr hadn't come to snuggle with me in bed for several nights, while he wasn't feeling well, but last night and this morning he snuggled under the blankets with me and in my arms -- that made my day! 
  of course, deedee and punkin (allie) snuggle with me throughout the day and evening, so between the three cats i'm well looked after as far as snuggling goes! 

So Glad Jaspurr is feeling a bit more like himself.  We all worry so much about our family members....our loves....

and snuggling also....great!

As for Artie, I decided to us my small, very old, mini food processor for his food. I started this on Tuesday Evening. He did a good job eating his food. I am pureeing the Pride Rabbit, along with a bit of water. He seems to like it that way. He is eating more at a time. Now, to get him to eat leftovers!! Yesterday, I ground 3 small cans...all I had in the house. He has leftovers for tonight. 

About the TV show, Poldark, on PBS:

It is another Period program, set in the 1700's England. A soldier from England returns home after fighting for the British in the Revolutionary War. He finds his father is dead, his fiancé now married to his cousin, and his copper mining company is on the brink of bankruptcy. He has to re-make a new life for himself. Very interesting.

It is a remake of an old PBS program of the same title. That one ran for 3 seasons. This past summer was the current one's initial season.

I really enjoy period pieces. I like history. I have learned a lot from them; and I have become a convert to PBS!! 

Love the programs; so well written and really full in character. I just have a difficult time understanding them sometimes..I swear my hearing is going on me....

Gotta go...Artie is looking for new food...yes, I did leave him the rest of the can from this morning...but he is soo fussy!

actually spoiled is more like it....

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did not sleep well again last night! Tossed and turned..have some stuff on my mind. Woke up at 4am when Artie decided to walk all over me!  Was going to go to early Mass, but I had to stay in for a bit. Artie was extremely cuddly. We even cuddled for a half hour when I got up; before I gave him his first medicine.

Not feeling so great...stuffy, sneeze, foggish. 
Sitting here having my coffee, yogurt with granola, reading posts. Music is on.

I will be going to a late Mass later this morning. A woman I helped, asked me to go to that one this week. 
There is going to be a coffee reception after the noon mass for one of the priests who is being sent to another parish in another state. I will make a quick visit and then come home. 

Have laundry in dryer to take out, laundry to put away... and more to wash...that is it for the day
Why is the priest being sent away?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
already done...

added more wood to the wood stove, checked on jaspurr and gave him lots of lovins and scritchins (we were at the vet's again yesterday), gave the cats their breakfasts and then made mine, washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, snuggled with the girls :heart3: , online for a little, then made the cats their snack (jaspurr ate around his 1/4 tab pepcid at breakfast, so i was sneaky and dissolved it in some warm water and mixed it into his lunchtime snack -- he ate it all...:woohoo: ), the girls are settled in and taking their afternoon nap now.

still to do...

give jaspurr another snack in about 1 1/2 hours (he's eating smaller amounts than normal, so i'm serving meals/snacks more often), will work with my budget this afternoon -- figure again replenishing jaspurr's emergency fund (it's all used up, and then some, after yesterday), watch the next (not sure, either 1 or 2) episode(s) of Mercy Street on PBS, and at the cats before bedtime snack i'll give jaspurr his second dose of pepcid for the day. and i'll probably work on the next chewy order today too.
what's wrong with jaspurr?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

our jaspurr has a tooth that the vet is keeping an eye on now. it's not causing him any pain now, but may eventually need to be extracted. so, i'll start setting aside money in my budget specifically for that. if it does need extracting, i'll hope it can wait until next february -- which is National Pet Dental Health Month -- thank you, @Angels mommy
for mentioning that to me! i'll keep an eye out for news of your Artie's dental being done.

jaspurr is now being tapered off the pepcid, starting today. he does not do well being pilled, so i dissolve the 1/4 tab pepcid in warm water then mix it into his wet food. so much easier and no stress (of being pilled) for my boy. my little snick was an incredibly easy cat to pill. i'd just get a pill ready in the pill shooter, walk over to her, open her mouth and pop it in, and she'd swallow it. there were times she'd be getting several pills one right after another, and that was no problem for my girl either. snick was just 'good as gold', as i'd always tell her!  :heart3:

jaspurr hadn't come to snuggle with me in bed for several nights, while he wasn't feeling well, but last night and this morning he snuggled under the blankets with me and in my arms -- that made my day!  :9:   of course, deedee and punkin (allie) snuggle with me throughout the day and evening, so between the three cats i'm well looked after as far as snuggling goes!  :nod:

today i ended up having a pretty busy day --

i did my usual daily chores, and also made a call, made coconut cream (instant) pudding, unpacked the chewy order that was delivered then reorganized the cat food rotation, ran the washing machine, wrote up my 'to do' list for tomorrows busy day, worked with my budget for a while, and located and made a copy of a document that i need to send off tomorrow.
Poldark? Is BBC and old and about ships etc?

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Poldark? Is BBC and old and about ships etc?
Poldark has not really been about ships. It is really about a copper mining town; and an ex-soldier, during the 1700's..

I think it is a BBC production. 

I know the original was one of the first series on PBS.

So far, the only ship scene, I can remember, was when they got their 'fish' supply for the season...a fleet of fishing boats came in to a cove, and the residents walked out to the row boats with baskets, to get their fish; a major supply of food for the winter...

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poldark has not really been about ships. It is really about a copper mining town; and an ex-soldier, during the 1700's..

I think it is a BBC production. 
I know the original was one of the first series on PBS.

So far, the only ship scene, I can remember, was when they got their 'fish' supply for the season...a fleet of fishing boats came in to a cove, and the residents walked out to the row boats with baskets, to get their fish; a major supply of food for the winter...
Is he captain Poldark with a beautiful wife, ?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Back to being on topic and naming three things -

- pick up bagels
- go to the grocery store
- go to the Portuguese market and buy wine

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So Glad Jaspurr is feeling a bit more like himself.  We all worry so much about our family members....our loves....

and snuggling also....great!

As for Artie, I decided to us my small, very old, mini food processor for his food. I started this on Tuesday Evening. He did a good job eating his food. I am pureeing the Pride Rabbit, along with a bit of water. He seems to like it that way. He is eating more at a time. Now, to get him to eat leftovers!! Yesterday, I ground 3 small cans...all I had in the house. He has leftovers for tonight. 

About the TV show, Poldark, on PBS:

It is another Period program, set in the 1700's England. A soldier from England returns home after fighting for the British in the Revolutionary War. He finds his father is dead, his fiancé now married to his cousin, and his copper mining company is on the brink of bankruptcy. He has to re-make a new life for himself. Very interesting.

It is a remake of an old PBS program of the same title. That one ran for 3 seasons. This past summer was the current one's initial season.

I really enjoy period pieces. I like history. I have learned a lot from them; and I have become a convert to PBS!! 

Love the programs; so well written and really full in character. I just have a difficult time understanding them sometimes..I swear my hearing is going on me....

Gotta go...Artie is looking for new food...yes, I did leave him the rest of the can from this morning...but he is soo fussy!

actually spoiled is more like it....
yes, our jaspurr is really feeling very well again! i think it's not necessarily raw food in general, but specifically something about/in the stella & chewy's that didn't agree with him. he's enjoyed real chicken (the only ingredient in these) freeze dried (raw) treats since he joined us here, and never had any problems with those.

i'm so glad your Artie enjoyed his food pureed!   
   i used to puree (in a food processor) my little snick's food for her sometimes; it was easier on her tummy, having it smooth/not chunky.

Poldark sounds interesting! thank you for telling me more about the show. 

what's wrong with jaspurr?
our jaspurr had some tummy/gastro upset from, the vet and i believe, the freeze dried raw food he was (along with the girls) just starting with. full blood panels and etc were done, and all came back fine. my boy is doing fine now, back to his sweet and wonderful self!

one of the main things i'll be doing today through monday morning is to keep the wood stove cranking out the heat; we're in a very cold short period of time here now. other than that, i've done the usual chores and made everyone's meals, will see if the chicken breasts i've got in the fridge have thawed enough and if they have i'll bake them and then dice them, and will try streaming from my computer to the tv this afternoon. i got the cables all hooked up yesterday, but may very well need the hdmi repeater amplifier in there before i get good results -- the hdmi cable is 50 feet in length. so i'll give it a try today, and if i need to add the repeater amplifier i just need to go pick up that package at the post office (it's in my post office box as of early this afternoon) and set that up. my computer 'sees'/detects the tv hooked up to it, so all's good that way.

other than the above, i might take a nap this afternoon. i'm exhausted after yesterday's busy day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Time to make the doughnuts! My MIL called (again) last night, just to make sure that I'm making the doughnuts this morning. I'm making both Feather-Light Doughnuts and Portuguese Beignets. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to fill the beignets, but, at this point, I just want to get them done and get them to my MIL as this is the third time this week she's called about them. She's very insistent that they be made.
  • Cleaning out the computer room, vacuuming, wiping the floor with Bona, etc.  Muffin is going to live back here for a while (there are some problems between Muffin and Mollipop again) and Muffin is doing some serious peeing and spraying in the house.
  • General vacuuming, dusting, etc.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do a few loads of wash this morning.
Iron a few pieces of clothing.
I want to go shopping. :nod:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
So cold today and tomorrow. Wind chill will be horrendous...below zero

I do not want to go out, but I will!!!

Today I am having my first shift with the Humane society in Petsmart!  It is an adoption weekend. There will be someone there all day, in 2 hour shifts.

I am going in a 2pm. It will be mainly to answer questions from the customers, show cats, play with them..and scoop if I have to. I expect to scoop because there are 8 cats in there. 

Some one will be there before me and someone will come in later. I am thinking someone will check up on me also..

Have to feed Artie his breakfast now...

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
definitely not going outdoors today!

i've got almost everything that needs doing done at this point --

everyone's had their meals and lysine

scooped litter boxes

have been constantly tending the wood stove

baked some chicken breasts and used part of them for a batch of chicken enchiladas, froze the rest in one cup (diced) portions

washed the dishes

still to do --

will get a potato baking in the oven shortly

this evening i'll throw together a batch of baked oatmeal, and get that in the oven

other than that, i may play some computer games for a bit, and will watch some tv shows -- the set up for streaming from my computer to the tv is fully functional, with no 'sparklies' 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
After yesterday's adventure at doughnut-making, no baking today. At least I don't think so. The doughnuts were really good and my MIL loved them. The beignets were delicious, too. I also took some to my sister's last night. Some of them were filled with strawberry jam and glazed with a simple vanilla glaze. We were pleased, considering it was my first solo effort. Rick was right there in the kitchen, too; he knew I was nervous about the hot oil. In fact, he made the glaze and glazed the filled doughnuts. He had some trouble filling them, so that was my job. But he did a good job on his glaze. 
  • On my third load of laundry; I need to do four loads today. I'll probably change the bed sheets tomorrow morning.
  • I'm going to start putting the Winterberry dishes away; we've been using them since November, so it's time to drag the Fiesta back out. I'll do the serving pieces today and put the rest of the dishes away on Monday, since I have off work for Presidents' Day.
  • A bit of vacuuming and dusting, nothing major. I do need to clean the bathroom. I did scoop, but didn't wipe the litter boxes down yet this morning
  • If poor Clarence (PT Cruiser) starts, we're taking him in for his inspection. The actual inspection is on Tuesday, but since we are to get snow (starting Monday morning around 9:00 and lasting pretty much throughout the day and night before changing over to freezing rain on Tuesday morning), we decided to run him into the garage tonight, again that's if he'll start and it's been a while since I've driven him; once the snow starts to fly, I drive Hannah. On the way home, we're going to stop at the store and grab some cans of cat food. That way, if the weather is really as crappy tomorrow night as what they say it's supposed to be, there'll be no need to go for any groceries til later on in the week. The only thing I really worry about when the weather gets bad is making sure we have enough cat food, especially because there's not a lot in the house right now as Mondays are our normal grocery night.
If I can manage to stay awake long enough tonight, I'd like to watch some X-Files. We'll see how that goes though.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Today feels like it will be an actual rest day! :woohoo:

- Feed the cats their breakfast (check)
- Change the pee-pee pads under the litter box in my bedroom (check)
- Scoop the litter (check)

And for later

- Pill Sara
- Pill myself
- Eat breakfast

Then we'll see about the rest of the day. Seems like just my normal stuff though now. The cats had their teeth brushed yesterday (doing it every other day for now), had their nails clipped, etc. Shopping was done yesterday. Might take the "care package" over to my friend's place today (she got her new kitty last night!).

Status
Not open for further replies.