Name three things - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Dropped Abby off at the vet for a dental.

Picked up bagels

Washed her blankets, pads and fountains so far
Hope Abby did OK with her dental! 

Bagels....I would kill for a bagel right now.
  • Gave the kids breakfast and cleaned up, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, scooped the litter boxes, etc.
Rick is bowling early tonight and I think that, once he's out of the house, I may call it a night and go to bed. It's been another really long (and stressful) week here at work and it's only Thursday. I'm so tired it's all I can do to stay away right now. I'd really like to watch the first two episodes of Lucifer, but I don't know if I'll make through the first one let alone the second one without falling asleep. I'm pooped.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
- Scoop all the litter boxes (my back is killing me so this may take a few tries to finish)
- Give Sara her meds
- Change Maple's towel (she still has leaky moments unfortunately)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Dropped Abby off at the vet for a dental.

Picked up bagels

Washed her blankets, pads and fountains so far
Hope Abby did OK with her dental! :vibes:
Bagels....I would kill for a bagel right now.

• Gave the kids breakfast and cleaned up, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, scooped the litter boxes, etc.

Rick is bowling early tonight and I think that, once he's out of the house, I may call it a night and go to bed. It's been another really long (and stressful) week here at work and it's only Thursday. I'm so tired it's all I can do to stay away right now. I'd really like to watch the first two episodes of Lucifer, but I don't know if I'll make through the first one let alone the second one without falling asleep. I'm pooped.
Thanks, Pam. She came home without her two top "fangs" but seems to be doing OK so far. :)

You should make sourdough bagels. :lol3:

Dreary, rainy morning after torrential rain over night.

- I'd like to walk later when the rain moves out
- come up with a meal plan for the next few days
- grocery store.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad she's OK, Karen. Dentals are no fun for the cat or for her owner. I always worry myself silly.
  • Fed the kids their breakfast and cleaned up after, hit the treadmill for 2.5 miles, made the bed, scooped the boxes, grabbed a quick shower and here I am. (I didn't use to make the bed, but since we've been working on the bedroom, it looks nicer with the bed made, so I try to do it now).
  • Have a couple site inspections to do this morning, take pictures, etc. just to keep an eye on things.
  • Hair appointment tonight after work, so I won't get home until later on.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Lot of snow out there today. It looks like I will be shoveling quite a bit as the day goes on.
Pay bills
General cleaning and straightening.

I'm still in my pajamas. I can't see me doing a lot today. :dk: The snow will keep me busy enough.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Lot of snow out there today. It looks like I will be shoveling quite a bit as the day goes on.
Pay bills
General cleaning and straightening.

I'm still in my pajamas. I can't see me doing a lot today.
The snow will keep me busy enough.
Yeah, snow here also. It looked pretty when I woke up; kind of like confectioners sugar on the trees and grass.

I was just commenting yesterday about seeing some green patches in the grass, in February! and now Snow!

I am still in my pjs also....about to jump in the shower. I will have an easy day for a while. 

I do have an appointment at 2;30pm, on the other side of the city; so I am hoping the roads will be almost clear by then and the snow will be stopping...I have to leave about 2pm....

I did reschedule the re-training for the humane society today. It was supposed to be at 10am. They way they were talking about the commute, made it sound as if it would be horrendous. Woke up, saw that it was not bad, was about to go to the training, when I saw the roads on TV...no way---backed up at 8:30am!!

I think I will finish with Artie's last medicine, shower, wash hair, and then relax and read for a bit. Then take a walk inside my building to check out the snow...from all 4 floors!! 

Then out into the snow and cold I go!!

I would like to reschedule, but this has to be done today.. it is a continuation of a meeting I had the other day--has to be formalized today...

Then home, have some soup, and call it a night and day...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Gave the kids their breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen a bit, emptied out the dishwasher and put things away, scooped the boxes, and did 3 miles on the treadmill. 
  • Take some recycling down to the center, do our banking and run some errands for Rick's mom. 
  • Take Jackie for a walk on the Trail
  • Make the shredded beef for Sunday
  • I'm thinking of making sourdough bagels, but my BIL's sourdough starter died and he needs some of mine. I don't know if I have enough for both.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
- Scoop the litter boxes
- Gather up the food the cats don't care for, and the Clinicare RF
- Stop at Petsmart and pick up a 24-pack of canned food
- Go Felines and Valentines even at the shelter (and drop off aforementioned food)
- Go shopping
- Get back home, wash up very well and get into other clothes (habit after visiting shelters)
- Scoop litter again
- Throw away the pee pads under the litter box in my room, vacuum up the litter, and put new pee pads down
- Add another layer of Cat Attract
- Feed Sara and Maple again
- Lock Maple in the bedroom for awhile so she "goes"
- Give Maple a "bath" at some point with the waterless shampoo

That's a lot more than three :lol3:

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
- Scoop the litter boxes
- Gather up the food the cats don't care for, and the Clinicare RF
- Stop at Petsmart and pick up a 24-pack of canned food
- Go Felines and Valentines even at the shelter (and drop off aforementioned food)
- Go shopping
- Get back home, wash up very well and get into other clothes (habit after visiting shelters)
- Scoop litter again
- Throw away the pee pads under the litter box in my room, vacuum up the litter, and put new pee pads down
- Add another layer of Cat Attract

- Feed Sara and Maple again
- Lock Maple in the bedroom for awhile so she "goes"
- Give Maple a "bath" at some point with the waterless shampoo
Ok, the changing of the pee pads, adding littler, locking Maple in the room and giving her a shampoo have all been put off till tomorrow. Was out a bit longer than expected today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids and clean-up, scooped the boxes (no treadmill; I'm taking a break this morning)
  • On my second load of laundry, must change bed linens after Rick gets up and wash them. I also need to do a load of pet stuff (blankets, towels, pillowcases)
  • A quick vacuum and a Swiffer about the house, wipe down kitchen and bathroom
  • Throw together a quick bowl of pasta salad and make a pan of chocolate brownies for tonight
  • When Rick gets home from his parents' house, we need to clip claws and clean ears
  • Work on grocery list and see what coupons I can use
I think that will be it. While the guys are watching the Super Bowl tonight, the cats and I will be back in the bedroom watching some X-Files.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
went to church

breakfast, for both me and Artie

Artie meds

shook out litter rugs and swept second bathroom where the box is kept

washed one box

dumped used litter

phone call

read newspaper

on line

done.....

Sundays are my really lazy day!

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
- Throw away pee pads under little box in my room, vacuum up litter, put new pads down
- Scoop the litter box again
- Add some more litter to the litter box
- Shampoo and weigh Maple
- Sweep up Sara's hair in the bathroom (that girl just SHEDS so much!)
- Take a shower and get dressed
- Go pick up food from Jewel about 4pm

My brother and sister-in-law are going to be here sooner than I thought and still trying to get the oomph to do this stuff. I scooped the aforementioned litter box already but locked Maple in the bedroom for now to see if she'll use it. She peed on the towel this morning :( And is pooping on the floor :( I'm hoping it was just because I didn't wake up early enough (in her eyes) to clean the litter box.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
already done...

added more wood to the wood stove, checked on jaspurr and gave him lots of lovins and scritchins (we were at the vet's again yesterday), gave the cats their breakfasts and then made mine, washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, snuggled with the girls
, online for a little, then made the cats their snack (jaspurr ate around his 1/4 tab pepcid at breakfast, so i was sneaky and dissolved it in some warm water and mixed it into his lunchtime snack -- he ate it all...
), the girls are settled in and taking their afternoon nap now.

still to do...

give jaspurr another snack in about 1 1/2 hours (he's eating smaller amounts than normal, so i'm serving meals/snacks more often), will work with my budget this afternoon -- figure again replenishing jaspurr's emergency fund (it's all used up, and then some, after yesterday), watch the next (not sure, either 1 or 2) episode(s) of Mercy Street on PBS, and at the cats before bedtime snack i'll give jaspurr his second dose of pepcid for the day. and i'll probably work on the next chewy order today too.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

already done...

added more wood to the wood stove, checked on jaspurr and gave him lots of lovins and scritchins (we were at the vet's again yesterday), gave the cats their breakfasts and then made mine, washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, snuggled with the girls
, online for a little, then made the cats their snack (jaspurr ate around his 1/4 tab pepcid at breakfast, so i was sneaky and dissolved it in some warm water and mixed it into his lunchtime snack -- he ate it all...
), the girls are settled in and taking their afternoon nap now.

still to do...

give jaspurr another snack in about 1 1/2 hours (he's eating smaller amounts than normal, so i'm serving meals/snacks more often), will work with my budget this afternoon -- figure again replenishing jaspurr's emergency fund (it's all used up, and then some, after yesterday), watch the next (not sure, either 1 or 2) episode(s) of Mercy Street on PBS, and at the cats before bedtime snack i'll give jaspurr his second dose of pepcid for the day. and i'll probably work on the next chewy order today too.
Is Jaspurr still not feeling well? 

I thought he would be improving by now...
good wishes being sent to heal him...

I was watching episodes 1 and 2 of Mercy Street this afternoon. I really like it..I do enjoy period stories...and of course it is medicine with intrigue so I would enjoy it..

debating about cancelling Artie's dental..will decide tomorrow morning..I will fast him tonight..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That weekend went by quickly! It seems like Friday was just yesterday and Monday is here already.
  • Gave the kids breakfast (Rick cleaned up), hit the treadmill for 2.5 miles, scooped the boxes, swept the bathroom floor, made the bed, grabbed a quick shower, and came to work.
  • Have to go out to take pictures of a property in another township this morning, so I'll stop for gas on my way back
  • Planning Commission meeting tonight, and I'm afraid my part is going to be a long one
  • Grab a few groceries tonight when I do get home, basically cat food and litter.
I"m thinking about taking a vacation day on Tuesday. Will decide later on tonight. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- charging up all batteries, phones, etc and getting flashlights, candles, etc in place. It's snowy and super windy and I'm worried we will lose power again.

- really got to straighten and put things in their place.

- maybe work on getting our things together for taxes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
No vacation day today 
 I'm down to four days of vacation left til I start over again at the beginning of June and Rick wants me to save them for the public sale for his mom in April. Darn it. It's going to be difficult for me not to use any vacation days til April. So here I am, sitting in my little cube.
  • Gave the cats breakfast and cleaned up, scooped the litter boxes, made the bed, etc. (I didn't hit the treadmill because Rick brought me into work this morning due to the snow).
  • Tonight will scoop the boxes again while Rick shovels out a bit on the sidewalk and around his truck. This is a sticky-type snow; it's not a dry snow this time.
And I think that will be it for the day. 

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
- Need to wipe down and pill Maple later
- Give Sara and Maple their afternoon feedings
- Scoop the box again
- Brush Penelopy's teeth (my first time brushing a cat's teeth today); I think I'm gonna wrap her in a towel for this one
- Eat dinner at some point

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Is Jaspurr still not feeling well? 

I thought he would be improving by now...
good wishes being sent to heal him...

I was watching episodes 1 and 2 of Mercy Street this afternoon. I really like it..I do enjoy period stories...and of course it is medicine with intrigue so I would enjoy it..

debating about cancelling Artie's dental..will decide tomorrow morning..I will fast him tonight..
well, our jaspurr had had the reaction to the new wood stove seasoning (coughing, throat irritation) which he had clavamox to treat, and he's all better now. but his appetite hadn't been quite what it usually is, and then last saturday morning he didn't want his breakfast. that's definitely not normal for my boy! i was going shopping anyway that day (i had transportation that day), so i called our vet and they squeezed us in. cbc, complete blood panel, and spec lipase blood work were run -- i should get the results sometime today/this evening. jaspurr was given a famotidine shot, and sub-q fluids there at the vet's. vet suspects food sensitivity or possibly a touch of pancreatitis, but we'll see.

so our jaspurr is being given 1/4 tab pepcid twice daily, and seems to be doing better now.

barring anything found with his blood work, i'm thinking it could be either the rabbit canned cat food that didn't agree with him (he's only had it once, and recently), or it could be the Stella & Chewy's freeze dried raw that all three cats have recently started on -- small amounts still. it could be that something in that particular freeze dried raw, or raw cat food in general, doesn't agree with him. our vet knows i feel very strongly about good cat nutrition, and may not always agree with my preferences/choices but does respect them. for my boy, his needs/the types of foods he does well on will always be more important to me than my preferences. now, both girls are doing fine, in fact very well, with raw foods being introduced.

i really enjoy watching Mercy Street too! the first two episodes were good enough that i continued watching, but the third episode was the point where i'm eagerly awaiting the next episode.

did your Artie have his dental? or was it rescheduled? your area was forecast to get snow...yes?

i've got all but one last thing done today...

everybody here has had their meals thus far, med/supplements given, dishes washed, litter boxes scooped, trash out, newspapers brought in, wood stove going/tended to, just did a little more planning/budgeting for upcoming months

last thing to do today is to cancel the netfiix...free trial ends tomorrow.

i'll watch some tv shortly. i'd like to do some reading today, but we'll see.

blood work results are in, and it looks just fine. no pancreatitis, no elevated calcium, nothing off except a tiny bit on a couple things (sodium and eosiniphils) that our vet says can be explained by his not feeling well. the vet and i agree that it looks like a sensitivity to something, probably in the rabbit canned cat food and/or the raw (that brand in particular, or raw in general). the plan is to allow my boy's system to get fully back to feeling well, and give some time for jaspurr to be feeling well for a while. after that i may or may not decide to try raw with him again.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

well, our jaspurr had had the reaction to the new wood stove seasoning (coughing, throat irritation) which he had clavamox to treat, and he's all better now. but his appetite hadn't been quite what it usually is, and then last saturday morning he didn't want his breakfast. that's definitely not normal for my boy! i was going shopping anyway that day (i had transportation that day), so i called our vet and they squeezed us in. cbc, complete blood panel, and spec lipase blood work were run -- i should get the results sometime today/this evening. jaspurr was given a famotidine shot, and sub-q fluids there at the vet's. vet suspects food sensitivity or possibly a touch of pancreatitis, but we'll see.

so our jaspurr is being given 1/4 tab pepcid twice daily, and seems to be doing better now.

barring anything found with his blood work, i'm thinking it could be either the rabbit canned cat food that didn't agree with him (he's only had it once, and recently), or it could be the Stella & Chewy's freeze dried raw that all three cats have recently started on -- small amounts still. it could be that something in that particular freeze dried raw, or raw cat food in general, doesn't agree with him. our vet knows i feel very strongly about good cat nutrition, and may not always agree with my preferences/choices but does respect them. for my boy, his needs/the types of foods he does well on will always be more important to me than my preferences. now, both girls are doing fine, in fact very well, with raw foods being introduced.

i really enjoy watching Mercy Street too! the first two episodes were good enough that i continued watching, but the third episode was the point where i'm eagerly awaiting the next episode.

did your Artie have his dental? or was it rescheduled? your area was forecast to get snow...yes?

i've got all but one last thing done today...

everybody here has had their meals thus far, med/supplements given, dishes washed, litter boxes scooped, trash out, newspapers brought in, wood stove going/tended to, just did a little more planning/budgeting for upcoming months

last thing to do today is to cancel the netfiix...free trial ends tomorrow.

i'll watch some tv shortly. i'd like to do some reading today, but we'll see.

blood work results are in, and it looks just fine. no pancreatitis, no elevated calcium, nothing off except a tiny bit on a couple things (sodium and eosiniphils) that our vet says can be explained by his not feeling well. the vet and i agree that it looks like a sensitivity to something, probably in the rabbit canned cat food and/or the raw (that brand in particular, or raw in general). the plan is to allow my boy's system to get fully back to feeling well, and give some time for jaspurr to be feeling well for a while. after that i may or may not decide to try raw with him again.
I feel so bad for poor Jaspurr ! first to have an allergic reaction to the stove tempering...and then possible food reaction..that is too much for his little body...

I am surprised he would have a reaction from the Rabbit.  I am wondering if it is related more to the freeze dried raw, than it is to the rabbit...Which brand of the rabbit did you try?

I use the Pride rabbit. It is not 100% rabbit, but it is mixed with pork and some spinach...my guy Loves it..

It is under the Natures Variety line.

I do have the NV regular rabbit. It is rabbit and pork, along with some carrots and peas...no grain added...

I have also tried the Wild Calling Rabbit---really sinks, but it seems to be a high quality. I called the company. They state it is made from Rabbit Liver; that is why the high price on it..

I think it is wise to have Jasper's system calm down a bit, before exploring raw alternatives. 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Thanks for asking about Artie. I did reschedule his dental until the 22nd; but I am on a waiting list for a cancellation for this upcoming Monday. I am able to take him in any day at all. I would like his Vet to do the Dental, rather than someone who does not really know him..

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Mercy Street! I have not gotten to the third episode yet--maybe this week end....I really do enjoy it. I like to catch 2 hours of it..In other words, two episodes, back to back. I really feel as if I can get a good character development and story line by taking in the 2 hours...

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Also loved the first year's installment of Poldark--on PBS...Awesome!! 

*************************************************************************************************************************************

So glad Jaspurr's blood work came out very good....That has to be a load off your mind.

As far as the Pepcid goes. I give my guy 1/2 of a Pepcid AC every day. It does seem to help. I put it in a gel cap and use a pill guy to get it into him. I also give him about 5cc of water immediately after the capsule, so it goes down easily...

Artie is so good. All I have to do is put the pill gun up to the center of his mouth, say "Open" and he does....of course he is trapped in the "Medicine Positon", but I do not have to pry his mouth open anymore. He does it automatically, as soon as I touch the pill gun to his mouth and say 'open",...

Animals--Cats are amazing...

Thanks for asking about my guy....

Now please go cuddle with your family!!

((hugs))

Status
Not open for further replies.