Name three things - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, @Artiemom. I'll see what the vet says. I think it has a lot to do with the heat, too. 

Not much going on today and I'll be having an early night tonight.
  • Breakfast for the furkids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, quick shower, etc.
  • Scoop the boxes tonight
Unless Dear Richard has something in store that I don't know about, that's it for today. I'm really tired and I'd like to go to bed early, if I can. The last couple of nights, I've been asleep by around 9:30 or so, but was restless both nights, so I'd awaken, drop back off, awaken, drop back off again. and so on. We've been running the window fan in the bedroom and I don't hear the cats start  meowing early, so I'm not really waking up until the cell rings at 4:45. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Did the breakfast thing with the furkids and 3.5 miles on the treadmill, followed by a shower and got ready for work
  • I need to hit Staples tonight (or tomorrow morning, one or the other)
  • It's an exercise night tonight

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
not much going on.

this morning: breakfast for pumps n Floey then gave honeybee her meds n canned pumpkin

Tonight-another injection of Pepcid for monster (Floey)

I really need to dump the liitter and wash them out. cat cage needs to be hosed down. pumps peed in it last night due to dumb dog yipping near her at vets.

load of laundry

too hot to weed but will run the sprinkler. The yard looks HORRIBLE. we are in a moderate to severe drought-I cant waste too much water on the plants but will water the tomatoes and my petunias.

salad for dinner and turkey from deli. too darn hot!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
another very hot day here. not sure if we're in drought here, but probably we are. the grass is brown with some green to it, and hasn't been growing. i think i've only mowed the lawn 2 or 3 times this year, and that was in the spring.

i've got a few things to get done today:  wash the dishes, scoop litter boxes; bake the sausage, peppers, onions, and potatoes (if the sausages are thawed); work on the budget a bit.

i got a lot done yesterday, so i don't have much to do today.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I called insurance company--faxed accident report into them.   (See babbling thread for info)

mailed some bills

Cemetary

picked up some cards to write out

nothing for rest of the day.. 

it is too darn hot!! I am wiped out...just on the computer...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not sure what's going on with an accident report, @Artiemom, but I wish you good luck.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, while Rick scooped the litter boxes this morning.
  • I have to bake some blueberry scones 
  • Errands: Bank, Target, visit with Rick's mother, maybe a bit of shopping
  • Vacuum, dust, wipe down kitchen and bathroom

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got the gas grill put back together with the new innards, so we're good to go. We're going to do some brats tonight.
  • Breakfast for the furkids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill while Rick scooped the boxes
  • Just threw the third load of laundry into the washer and must re-make the bed with clean sheets
  • Didn't get much done yesterday after all, so must do it today. I don't care how hot it is; I need to vacuum
  • My sister and BIL are in Maryland this weekend (they took Harley with them), so I'm going over to feed their cats and clean litter boxes and such. I go over twice a day. They're coming home tonight, so I only have to go over once this morning.
  • Work on grocery list for tomorrow's shopping

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Finally got something done.

Cleaned the bathroom. tub. sink. toilet. floors. 

unclogged the tub drain-my long hair.

swept kitchen floor=the cats bring in too many things! 

Gave Floey her fluids-she is not liking to sit still longer than a minute. the last 2 times the needle slipped out. the bag is too high so I cant see the level. 

Got Floey to lick some pumpkin which she growled the whole time. 

Now Jon wants to go out to dinner. I dont enjoy restaurants anymore. I dont know why. I want to finish off the night on here. too hot outside. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
washed the dishes, scooped litter boxes, took out the trash. made (Italian) sausage, peppers, onions, and potatoes. made a loaf of bread machine bread. and, i think it was actually into today (close to 1am) when i moved a gallon of milk from the freezer to the fridge to thaw.

meandcaptinmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1. Research about urinary health for Captain Meow
..and play with him and give him some hugs.

2. read my e-mail (which is mostly music equipment magazines,
although today there were a couple youtube posters commenting
back about my comment at their youtubes) (sometimes my big mouth
really would be better be kept shut).

3. work on my budget, though without sufficient money to fund it, ha!

..oh and I dug all into the Lynyrd Skynyrd plane crash, of October '77. It was a big deal to me
because I saw them at Cape Cod Coliseum in '76. I was 16 years old, driving my first car.
Ah life was grand then!

But there was so much we had no way to know of or see before the internet, ya know?
Now though, wow. Be careful you don't see more than you wan to now!!

Alright, I gotta make food, pick a movie, and get on the couch so it wont float away or anything.
o_O (That's my job! :D )

meandcaptinmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1. Research about urinary health for Captain Meow
..and play with him and give him some hugs.

2. read my e-mail (which is mostly music equipment magazines,
although today there were a couple youtube posters commenting
back about my comment at their youtubes) (sometimes my big mouth
really would be better be kept shut).

3. work on my budget, though without sufficient money to fund it, ha!

..oh and I dug all into the Lynyrd Skynyrd plane crash, of October '77. It was a big deal to me
because I saw them at Cape Cod Coliseum in '76. I was 16 years old, driving my first car.
Ah life was grand then!

But there was so much we had no way to know of or see before the internet, ya know?
I mean a lot of us really took it personally that they crashed like that, but we couldn't get any details at all.
Just a paragraph in the newspaper, and other than that, where are ya gonna look? There was no internet.
Now though, wow. Be careful you don't see more than you want to now!!

Alright, I gotta make food, pick a movie, and get on the couch so it wont float away or anything.
o_O (That's my job! :D )

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick has jury duty again (he had it last year, too) today and tomorrow, so he won't have to work in this heat and humidity. I'm at work now and the AC is on and maxed-out. I have the heat on in my cube because it's chilly in here.
  • Breakfast for the furkids, 3.25 miles on the treadmill, Rick scooped boxes, etc.
  • Must grab a few groceries tonight; there are some good things on sale at the store, so this will be a bit of a stock-up trip
  • It's an exercise night tonight

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Should be at the gym, but I hate going this late.

Went to new PCP for a physical. She was really nice, and took her time...so young!! Man, When did doctors get that young???

Had to fast for blood work. Having a bowl of vanilla yogurt, blueberries, granola, and a cup of tea.

Debating on going to BJ's..(wholesale club) for a couple of things. I desperately need to stock up on power bars, and some other things. I keep getting a severe weather alert for severe thunderstorms this afternoon and tonight..

Have to make a salad for supper. Have been eating too much popcorn lately. I need something more substantial.

Have to brush Artie and give him his steroid. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
@Artiemom, we had some nasty t-storms last night with wind. One hit just as I was driving home from the grocery store, so we made several mad dashes to and from the car to get the groceries into the house. It was really bad. Flash flooding in another local area, tornado warnings, just a mess. The temp did drop a  bit last night, but this morning it's really humid and foggy. Til that fogs burns off today, man, it's going to be a scorcher.

I really like BJs, but none close to us. The closest we have is a Sam's Club; even the Costco is about 60 miles away.  I hear you about the doctors....lord, when did they get to be so young??? I think my son is older than some of those doctors! Hope your blood work comes back OK.
  • Breakfast for the furkids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, a quick shower
  • Call the vet to order dog food for The Beast; she's really going through the food. I increased her food intake because I don't think she's getting enough to eat. When she first came to live with us, she weighed 44 pounds, way, way too much for a beagle. After being with us for several months, she went down to 35 pounds and she looked really good; her vet was tickled that she had lost some of the weight. But we take her outside more and on nice Saturday mornings, we'll all go out on the Trail for a good walk (can't do that in this heat, though). Well, the last time she was at the vet, she was down to 32 pounds. Vet wasn't concerned, but I am. I increased her food amounts. Since she gets more exercise, I think she needs it. We give her no human food, other than a peanut or two every once in a while and the apple pieces that she gets when she comes inside from peeing, the equivalent of about 1/2 apple a day maybe. I give her a large Pedigree treat every morning before I leave for work, so she has something to munch on (for about 5 minutes after I leave for work). Her food is expensive, but it's actually cheaper at the vet than buying it online.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sit around here and sweat. :hmm:

- pick up lottery tickets
- reschedule Aaron's doctor's appointment
- get trash and recyclables together.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it'll be a quiet day here, not much to do. i've got a busy end of this week though, so am glad to have a couple days that aren't as busy.

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and move two jars of raw cat food to the fridge to thaw. i'll also call my mom, our weekly chat. i might work on my budget a bit today too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the furkids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, a quick shower, etc.
  • Two loads of laundry tonight
  • Trash night, so litter box cleaning

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
already done:  made a phone call, took a phone call

still to do:  wash the dishes, scoop litter boxes, fill out a form, work on a couple letters, work on my budget

Status
Not open for further replies.