Name three things - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today's highlights:  made a very nice batch of blueberry freezer jam, sterilized a few more canning jars and almost all the lids needing doing, washed dishes, scooped litter boxes, took out the trash, moved a jar of raw cat food to the fridge to thaw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

@Winchester    You are so ambitious, such a busy person... you put me to shame!! I am a lazy sloth....

Today, up early, yes, early--5am for church.. Artie was about to wake me up...

Church, 

put some laundry away. 

Wash some towels

go to shelter..

that is it.. oh, and watch fireworks.
Oh Artiemom! Not even close! It's just that this is what I have to do to keep things caught up around here. And you are far from a sloth! 

This morning, I did the dishwasher, but then Rick scooped the litter boxes so that I could hit the treadmill  (3.25 miles). Came back upstairs, made my coffee, and I'm hanging out here while I enjoy my coffee. I mowed the buckhorns (the only thing in the yard that's growing) yesterday while Rick did the trimming. At the rate we're going with little to no rain, we may not have to mow again for a good two weeks or longer. We need rain desperately; t-storms don't really count because they're just gully-washers and the rain doesn't have a chance to really soak into the ground. Rick also sprayed some of our trees down with Japanese beetle stuff; the beetles are out and doing a number on some of our flowering trees.

We need to put water in the pool, but when we go this long without rain, we get nervous about using our well to fill the pool. We're going to have to do something, though, because the water level will be below the skimmer if we don't.

We don't really have too much planned for today overall. It's an exercise night for both of us. He's going in to bring his mom down for dinner later on this afternoon. We are eating an early dinner because t-storms are forecast for late afternoon and early evening.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back to work this morning after a four-day weekend. I really like not working and we managed to get quite a bit done overall. Rick is off work all this week, so hopefully he'll get some things done.
  • Breakfast for the furkids, Rick emptied the dishwasher while I hit the treadmill for four miles this morning. Came back upstairs, grabbed a quick shower and came to work. Rick will scoop the boxes this morning.
  • Our blueberries are coming in this morning. My coworker and I are going up to bring 14 ten-pound boxes back to the office. Then I'll call people to come in and pick their boxes up. A ten-pound box of really nice blueberries cost $31 and they're worth every penny. I'll freeze mine in containers and I'll eat mine in snacks and in baked goods. Blueberry muffins, blueberry buckle, blueberry grunt, blueberry cobbler. Yum. 
     For years, Rick would never touch blueberries, but he does eat them now. He won't eat them plain, but he will eat a blueberry muffin or a slice of pie. I prefer mine just to eat as a snack, preferably frozen.
  • Grocery shopping tonight (we probably could have gone last night, but neither Rick nor I felt like doing it. I still haven't even made my list up yet.
  • I need to exercise tonight because I didn't get it done last night. Rick's mom stayed longer than we thought she would and then I was pooped and went to bed around 9:00. In order to make the time up, I will have to exercise tonight and then again on Wednesday night.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today's highlights:   called my mom (our weekly chat), the usual daily chores, worked on the budget, placed several online orders, replied to a couple emails.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast routine: I fed the kids then Rick took care of everything else while I hit the treadmill for 3.5 miles. Back upstairs, grabbed a quick shower, and came to work.
  • Rick is coming in to pick me up during lunch and we're going over to the farmers' market. I have zucchini and mushrooms on my list. Some fresh garlic. Maybe some tomatoes, if they're nice. 
  • 3 loads of laundry separated on the hallway floor (I'm hoping Rick will do them, but if not, I can do them tonight)
  • Trash night, so clean out the litter boxes.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I forgot about this thread and did get a few things done the other day.

Monday was a lazy day but I did vacuum.

Today:

Make appointments for all three cats annual apt and microchipped. I think pumpkin was already microed but I can't remember. Floey maybe microed since she came from the shelter. Honeybee will be microchipped.

Tonight is either swimming at the lake or working out.

the ac needs readjustment. I should have cut the board to the exact length that the old one was but now I have to figure out something to hold up the ac and chop 1/4" off the board. I hate it when I listen to other people and when the system is set up-it doesn't drain properly. MEN! He says its fine. The water isn't draining but dripping back into the window sill. I moved the rocks around to get it 1/8" lower but I need to find someone to come over and hold the dadblasted ac so I can rearrange the rocks and cut the wood. I am so furious. I am thankful there is no water dripping back into the house. I am going to borrow the electronic level from work and see how much it is. Its supposed to be 15 degrees tilt but I prefer 20 degrees. The other thing is they never cut a hole or a spout to drain the water so it builds up inside. These things irritate me to no end. I am a firm believer in if I want it done right to do it myself. This is why I am TIRED of trusting other people to do it right and then they say don't be so nitpicky.

So that's tonights major task. highs of 94-97 today. I cant have the Ac off. If it leaks I will deal with it. If I didn't have an asthmatic cat and a heart kitty then I wouldn't mind but I worry about them more than my own comfort. I cranked that ac this morning at 70. When I left I set it at 73. Jon is gone to Beverly mass with his brother for the rest of the week. I keep having visions of the AC falling out of the window and coming home to seeing it smashed to bits on the lawn. Grrr.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- getting my hair done
- LOTS of errands
- get all of the trash together for pickup tomorrow

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
a huge important errand this morning

Gym

Shelter

shower and that is all for the day, except medicating Artie, in-between all of this, and coaxing him to eat.. he is on a not eating phase again..sigh

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not much going on tonight. Rick did do the laundry yesterday; he was just finishing folding the last load when I walked in the house after work. I lucked out there.

And I don't think we're going to do much tonight at all. I'm so glad it's not an exercise night tonight. Doing them two nights in a row was a bit much. 
  • Breakfast routine, then I hit the treadmill for 3.25 miles. A quick shower and here I am, sitting at my desk and drinking my coffee. Coffee just rocks some mornings. Yum
  • I"m going to have to go the grocery store during lunch today. I cannot believe that we didn't buy dry cat food for Muffin on Tuesday night! She's not completely out of dry food, but her dish has a tiny little space and she likes a FULL dish all the time. 
  • Need to scoop the boxes tonight
  • Do my PT stretches tonight
I think I'm going to make it an early night. I feel pooped this morning.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today is an easy day. Not much happening.

I am being lazy this morning, after yesterday's busy day. I ended up coming home after 8PM and in the shower at 8:30pm...I got a phone call from a friend while I was out. I returned her phone call, and we had telephone tag for a bit. 

Then I wanted something to much on; so I had some popcorn.

Fell asleep while watching HGTV!!!

I am tired this morning. A gray day-very humid, with chances of showers this afternoon.

I think I will do my regular morning routine

Brush Artie

perhaps purge out a dresser drawer

Dump the trash

I think I may hit Trader Joes. They have the best baby plum tomatoes. I am almost out of them, for my evening salad. 

I think that will be it for the day. Not much happening. Nice to have a peaceful, quiet day....

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's really hot here today! supposed to be a high of 83 degrees F, but it was way too warm at 9am already so i closed the window and turned the ac on. good thing i did that too, as it's currently 90 degrees F!

today's highlights:   made a loaf of bread machine bread, took a relatively short look at the budget, waiting on two packages to be delivered. all the usual daily chores have been done already.

no lawn mowing going on in my area right now, as the grass is brown/brown-ish -- too hot and not enough rain. i went out last saturday to mow just the back yard, but when i got out there with the mower decided not to mow. the grass isn't growing right now.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, lazy day.

Regular morning stuff

Brush Artie

Meds

cleaned out a couple of drawers of junk

dumped trash

grocery store for basics

Trader Joes

supper, leftover steak and the salad I made on Tuesday.

I got so tired when I came home from the groceries and Trader Joes. I could barely keep my eyes open. Was not hungry, but decided to eat the leftovers before they went bad--why waste so much money. Now I am stuffed. Turned out to be a huge salad. That will be it for food for the rest of the day.

I had my yogurt with granola, and a power bar for lunch (I was out during lunch time)..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm working over lunch today and leaving at 3:00 to get a head-start on my weekend.  My GF is bringing her granddaughter down to swim on Saturday and they're staying for supper. They won't really be in the house that much, but it still needs a good vacuum and a Swiffer.
  • Breakfast, followed by 3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning. I couldn't make the bed because Dear Richard was in it, snoring away. He's going to scoop the boxes, so I didn't have to. 
  • Vacuum and dust tonight
  • It's an exercise night

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I really don't know what I'm doing today. It's wet our right now, so I don't think I'll be painting.

Soem simple things I may do -

-laundry
-pick up lottery tickets
- go for a walk

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
regular morning stuff...

regular medicating Artie in between

Gym

Walmart (shudder)

have to write out a couple of bills

nothing else that I can think of, but I am sure I will find something to occupy the rest of my day.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I think today is a lazy Friday.

Grocery shop now that Jon is home-I left nothing for him to eat other than lunchmeat.

Finish cleaning up after the cats with catnip everywhere.

Maybe wash some blankets but running the dryer will make it hot. sigh. Its long overdue to wash pillow cases and blankets.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, it's much more reasonable as far as the temperature goes here today -- high of around 80 degrees F or so.

today's highlights:  sliced the loaf of bread i made yesterday (i like to let it cool and sit overnight, so the bread has a nice crispy crust), washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, another package arrived -- the rest of the girl's upcoming birthday gift, still waiting for the last package to arrive -- it's guaranteed to arrive today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We have friends coming over today, so I need to clean this house a bit. I did vacuum last night, but you'd never know it. Rick scooped the boxes while I was on the treadmill this morning and he's working back in the bedroom right now.
  • A quick vacuum and Swiffer, clean the living room windows as they have cat "snuffle" all over the place again, make the bed, wipe down the inside of the fridge, all that good stuff.
  • Wipe down the kitchen and the bathroom
  • General straightening-up 
  • Vacuum the pool and put the hose away. Put the ladder in the pool. Get the pool stuff out. The only thing I really use when I'm in the pool is a lounger, although I do swim laps and such. Sometimes I'll "try" to sit on a ball, but that never works out very well and I usually end up with a nose full of water. 
     Swimming is pretty good exercise.
  • Need to hit the store for some Smirnoff Ice
Thankfully, I'm not cooking tonight. We're just going to have pizza delivered. We have some chips and some guac. They are bringing some cookies. It's too hot to cook much of anything.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back to work this morning. Darn it. Rick is back to work, too, and he's not any happier about it than I am.
  • Got breakfast for the kids, then I hit the treadmill for 4 miles. Did the litter boxes, grabbed a quick shower, and here I am.
  • Planning Commission meeting today right after work. My part should be about 15 minutes, but I know how that goes. I really hate having to get up in front of the whole commission to present plans. It's not that I don't know my stuff; I do. But even after doing this for almost 18 years, I still don't like all eyes on me. 
  • Grocery shopping tonight. Not much, just a few things. (I got a $10 coupon from PetSmart in my email over the weekend. $10 off of a $30 order, so we went down yesterday and used it on cat food. We were able to get Friskies Buffet for about 32 cents a can as it was on sale, plus we had the coupon. I'll take that.)
  • Tonight is an exercise night.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- eye dr for a test
- I think I will paint when I get home
- trash day tomorrow, so I have to get everything together.

Status
Not open for further replies.