Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not much tonight.
  • Need to mail out some sympathy cards. One of Rick's cousins passed away and this hit Rick quite hard. They were pretty close growing up and his cousin was just an all-around genuinely nice guy who lived for his wife, his boys, and now his grandbabies; he was only 60 and was talking about retiring early, just to spend time with his family. Rick is not doing well with this at all. We are going to the funeral on Saturday; it's out in western PA, so it will be a drive. But we really need to go. And tonight I'm going to get the cards ready to mail out.
  • Call the kennel to board Jackie on Saturday. We'll take her down on Friday night and, if we get back early enough on Saturday, we'll pick her up. If not, we can get her on Sunday morning.
  • Scoop the boxes

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today it's more like what didn't i do...
lately it's taking two busy days (back to back) to get everything done that needs doing, so i've started simply planning on 2 days.

highlights from today are:  prepping/portioning/freezing two 5 lb chubs of raw (for the cats -- chicken and duck) and cutting raw rabbit into cubes/strips/etc, touching up the lawn mowing i did yesterday, and putting screens down in two of the living room windows. i did the usual stuff too -- dishes, scooping litter boxes, trash. and i took a nice shower.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Working on some laundry now
  • We need to take the treadmill apart and get it moved out of the way. And while we're in the basement, we're going to do a bit of cleaning, straightening-up, vacuuming, etc. They'll be bringing the new treadmill in on Wednesday and they are taking the old one out. (We really need to make a trip to the landfill, but we haven't been able to find time. It's closed on Saturday, so Rick has to take a day off during the week. We also have two old microwaves, an old AC window unit, the old computer and printer, monitor, etc. that are going to have to go to the recycling center.)
  • I think Rick may do a bit of mowing. When he does that, I'm going to do a quick vacuum and dust about the house.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
already done --

-- meals up to this point of the day, for the cats and myself

-- moved another jar of raw cat food to the fridge to thaw

-- washed the dishes

-- scooped the litter boxes

in the process of doing --

-- working on the budget -- a major change in my/our long term plans, and making sure cat vet needs/emergency funds/etc are handled (our jaspurr has been diagnosed with a dental disease, FORLs, and he's facing 4 and up to 8 extractions during his dental in june)

still to do --

-- will lay a fire in the wood stove and light it......chilly tonight, forecast to be a low of 38 degrees F 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
No mowing yesterday at all. We had hail! At least three times yesterday! Actually, we think the first time, which was in the morning, was sleet. It was in the upper 30s by then and so we're pretty sure we had sleet. In May. Unbelievable. And then about three times throughout the afternoon and early evening, it hailed....you could really see it on the pool cover. Some of the hail stones were pretty big, but most of them were tiny. But between the rain and the hail, well, no way could any outside work be done yesterday.

So we spent the afternoon in the basement, getting the freezer stuff cleaned out, hauling thawed vegetables up to the compost pile and cleaning a ton of freezer containers. We have the basement tidied up and I vacuumed well down there. It doesn't look bad at all. Rick was going to take the old treadmill apart yesterday, but well, I'm still using it. I used it this morning and will use it Tuesday yet, then we can take it apart on Tuesday night. The new one is being delivered and put together on Wednesday, so I can use it then for my Wednesday workout.

So today.....
  • Our normal morning routine. Treadmill, etc.
  • Must grab some groceries tonight.
  • The freezer has cooled back down and is working properly, so we will put the meat and some of the applesauce and other frozen items from the chest freezer back into the upright freezer tonight.
And I think that will pretty much be it, other than scooping again tonight.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- return some outdoor chair covers that are split
- pick up lottery tickets
- pick up a few things at the grocery store

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm working on a cold. Headache, general achiness, and sore throat yesterday and last night, with the snottiness starting this morning. I'd like nothing more than to go home and go to bed. Alas......
  • Normal morning routine, followed by the treadmill. I'm going to go ahead and try to walk over lunch, if if doesn't rain too much. If I can work, I can walk.
  • I have a Planning Commission after work today. I asked if I could leave early, since I don't feel well, but no, I have to stay. I'm going to sit in the back of the room where, hopefully, I won't spread too many germs.
  • And then I'm going home and going to bed. (After I scoop the boxes because I didn't do them this morning.)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, Artiemom. I don't think I slept at all last night. Snotting around and coughing to the point where my throat is raw. Not fun. I am home for the day.
  • Work on some laundry
  • Trash/litter boxes tonight
and......

The treadmill is coming today! 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i hope you're starting to feel better, @Winchester!

not overly much to do for me today --

did the usual stuff (meals for the cats and myself), washed the dishes, scooped litter boxes. and i set the almost empty jug of honey in a mixing bowl in boiling water, to soften the honey -- to make it easier to get out of the jug. i'll use the 1/3 cup i got out of the jug today, along with another 1/3+ cup, in the granola i'll be baking tomorrow.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Working on some laundry now
  • We need to take the treadmill apart and get it moved out of the way. And while we're in the basement, we're going to do a bit of cleaning, straightening-up, vacuuming, etc. They'll be bringing the new treadmill in on Wednesday and they are taking the old one out. (We really need to make a trip to the landfill, but we haven't been able to find time. It's closed on Saturday, so Rick has to take a day off during the week. We also have two old microwaves, an old AC window unit, the old computer and printer, monitor, etc. that are going to have to go to the recycling center.)
  • I think Rick may do a bit of mowing. When he does that, I'm going to do a quick vacuum and dust about the house.
You bought a new treadmill. I'm so pleased. In worried you'd have an accident on the old one. Use it in health.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm working on a cold. Headache, general achiness, and sore throat yesterday and last night, with the snottiness starting this morning. I'd like nothing more than to go home and go to bed. Alas......

• Normal morning routine, followed by the treadmill. I'm going to go ahead and try to walk over lunch, if if doesn't rain too much. If I can work, I can walk.
  • I have a Planning Commission after work today. I asked if I could leave early, since I don't feel well, but no, I have to stay. I'm going to sit in the back of the room where, hopefully, I won't spread too many germs.
  • And then I'm going home and going to bed. (After I scoop the boxes because I didn't do them this morning.)
Feel better.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Artiemom. I don't think I slept at all last night. Snotting around and coughing to the point where my throat is raw. Not fun. I am home for the day.

• Work on some laundry
  • Trash/litter boxes tonight

and......

The treadmill is coming today! :9:
The whole point of stating home is to kero warm and rest rest rest.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Left the house.
DiL asked me to buy a dress for the baby's birthday. I bought three plus good sunglasses.
Went to the book shop and treated myself to two new books.
Went to the drugstore and bought things I don't really need.
Weby out to eat.
Taxi'd home and collapsed.

I never scoop!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Get over this bloody cold. 
     I wish I could warm up; I've been freezing to death for the past two days. Dressed in sweatpants and a sweatshirt and even wore them to bed last night with a pair of heavy socks. My throat itches like crazy and so does my right ear. It doesn't hurt, just this itching.
  • Normal breakfast stuff, treadmill, litter boxes, etc.
  • I have one load of laundry to do today
Other than that, I'm going to take it easy. I may spend some time on the couch with my nose in a book.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I hope you are feeling better today, Pam! :cross:

- finish packing, as much as I can.
- bring the flower pot I made up to the cemetery
- Try to get some last minute things done around here before we go away.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, Karen. I am, I think. At the coughing/hacking stage now; at least I'm not so blasted cold anymore. For the last couple of days, I've been freezing to death. But I'm at work. With a "Quarantine: Biological Hazard"  sign on my door. So enter at your own risk and I don't want to hear about it if you get sick! And that includes bosses! If it's that important, my phone works fine.

Have a great time this weekend, Karen!
  • Normal breakfast stuff. Treadmill, etc. The only difference is that Rick had to leave for work this morning at 5 instead of 6, so that meant we had to get up at 4. Not funny. He is working OT on Saturday morning, too, so that means another 4:00 wake-up call. Thankfully, I should be able to go back to bed tomorrow once the kids are fed, unless I decide to stay up.
  • We're going to run down to Staples tonight. it seems that the male audio plug for the treadmill doesn't come with the treadmill. Staples has one for a little over $8 and I have a $5 coupon to use, so I might as well use it on that. That way, I can plug that into the MP3 connector on the treadmill and use my iPod without ear buds. Nice. We may hit the mall for a short walk around. I'd like to look at shoes. 
  • And then the litter box scooping and all the good stuff tonight. An early bed time.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Last night, we came home from work, changed our clothes, and went outside and spent the night mowing. Rick push-mowed, while I hopped on the riding mower and tore through the yard. He still has a couple trees he has to mow under and then we should be done til maybe on Monday, depending on how the weather holds.
  • Tonight is trash night, so we're cleaning out the litter boxes and the fridge....all that good stuff.
  • I have three loads of laundry separated on the hallway floor.
  • Tonight is the season finale of Supernatural

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
already done:   meals so far for the cats and myself; washed the dishes; scooped the litter boxes; moved a case of 1/2 pint canning jars into the kitchen (will sterilize them tomorrow morning); formed hamburger patties from a pound of ground beef.

still to do:  waiting for the Fedex package to get here, then will unpack the chubs of raw cat food and put them in the upright freezer (i have a shelf cleared for this already).

need to do, but may have to wait until tomorrow:  go over the budget one final time before placing 3 online orders. i'm still recuperating from the most recent '2 busy days' chore-fest, so i'm not pushing myself today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Normal breakfast routine, litter boxes, got ready for work
  • Still have one load of laundry....the load of sweatshirts and pants was too big to do it all at one time, so I separated it
And I'm thinking that might be it for the night. It's supposed to rain/t-storms tonight, so I doubt we'll be doing much of anything outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.