Name three things - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Winchester -- when my dirt devil canister vacuum expired, i looked at many vacuums. i, too, want a vacuum that can pick up the cat litter. i ended up buying a little armorall canister vacuum, primarily advertised for use in automobiles. it's a shop type vacuum, and has excellent suction. it gets up every bit of cat hair and cat litter here. in fact, i use it to vacuum my entire house. it's lightweight, handles both wet and dry vacuuming, and the poles and floor tools from my old dirt devil fit right on the end of the amorall vacuum hose. best part...the armorall vacuum cost me only about $35 -- bought it from amazon.

lots to do today here --

already done:   meals for the cats and myself so far; chicken was roasted in the slow cooker, it's done now so i turned the temp to (keep) warm and will get to it in about an hour or so; cooked some rice (will be for the chicken and rice soup i'll have made tomorrow), and chopped carrots and celery for the chicken stock i'll start this evening and diced (more) carrots and celery to go in the chicken and rice soup tomorrow; moved a jar of raw cat food to the fridge to thaw; washed the dishes; scooped the litter boxes

still to do:  remove all the chicken meat from the roast chicken, then the bones go back into the slow cooker with everything else left from roasting the chicken (for making chicken stock), add a bay leaf and the carrot and celery chunks and chopped onion plus some dried parsley and thyme, lid on the slow cooker and set it on low for 8-10 hours

i just love the new recipes i'm using for the roast chicken and chicken stock for the slow cooker! they're such simple, easy recipes. and i especially like that the roast chicken recipe 'flows into' making the stock -- no need to empty out and wash the slow cooker crock, just get the chicken meat off the bones then everything else stays in the slow cooker and you can continue on by making chicken stock. this means less dish washing...
    here's the slow cooker roast chicken recipe -- http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/02/25/recipe-the-best-whole-chicken-in-a-crock-pot/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

@Winchester -- when my dirt devil canister vacuum expired, i looked at many vacuums. i, too, want a vacuum that can pick up the cat litter. i ended up buying a little armorall canister vacuum, primarily advertised for use in automobiles. it's a shop type vacuum, and has excellent suction. it gets up every bit of cat hair and cat litter here. in fact, i use it to vacuum my entire house. it's lightweight, handles both wet and dry vacuuming, and the poles and floor tools from my old dirt devil fit right on the end of the amorall vacuum hose. best part...the armorall vacuum cost me only about $35 -- bought it from amazon.

i just love the new recipes i'm using for the roast chicken and chicken stock for the slow cooker! they're such simple, easy recipes. and i especially like that the roast chicken recipe 'flows into' making the stock -- no need to empty out and wash the slow cooker crock, just get the chicken meat off the bones then everything else stays in the slow cooker and you can continue on by making chicken stock. this means less dish washing...
    here's the slow cooker roast chicken recipe -- http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/02/25/recipe-the-best-whole-chicken-in-a-crock-pot/
Thanks for the heads-up; I'll have to check it out. Your chicken in a crock pot recipe looks really good! 

Back to work this morning and I have to say I'm rather glad. At least I can relax a bit here for a while.
  • Normal breakfast routine with the cats, litter box duty, made the bed, grabbed a quick shower and got ready for work
  • I'm going to try to walk today; I simply can't handle not walking. Didn't do the treadmill this morning and am going to keep it down to just 3 miles a day for a while, staying outside....until I see the physical therapist next Monday. I need to walk and will deal with the aftermath somehow. My leg/butt feels pretty good right now, probably because the inflammation has gone down.
  • Groceries tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
already done:  meals for the cats and myself thus far; strained the chicken stock, half of it in a container to be frozen, the rest heated up with fresh diced carrot and celery then into it's own container (will use with the chicken and rice, to make a soupy chicken and rice for my dinners for the next few days or so);washed the dishes -- a lot of dishes; took out the trash and recycling; called my mom, our weekly chat

still to do:  scoop the litter boxes, will do after the cats early evening snack and my dinner

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm working on about half a headache this morning. It's not really bad, but I can tell there's some pressure there and it's uncomfortable. 
  • Normal breakfast routine with the cats and dog, cleaned out litter boxes, made the bed, grabbed a quick shower and came to work. 
  • Rick's mother called me yesterday with a list of items she wanted me to get at the grocery store last night. We got her her things and will be taking them to her tonight when I get home from work. Then we're going to run over to a mall with a JCP, so I can check out pants there. Hopefully I will find something until we can get some time to run down to the outlets in Lancaster later on this summer. We will have dinner when we get back home.
And that will pretty much be it for our evening.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll just list the highlights of my day today -- i'm 'too pooped to pop' here tonight.

pre-measured the dry ingredients for 4 batches of bread machine bread, laid a fire in the wood stove (it's going right now, it's quite chilly and windy here and forecast to get to the low 50's tonight and pretty much stay there all day tomorrow), moved a couple jars of raw cat food to the fridge to thaw, made a few phone calls and sent an email -- related to dealing with/working on various things.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Still working on that headache; it got really bad last night and I ended up going to bed early. Still have it this morning, but it's back down to a low roar. I am at work.
  • Two loads of laundry to work on tonight; I have them separated and waiting for when I get home
  • Trash night
And I think that will be it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Normal breakfast routine with the cats and dog, emptying dishwasher, cleaning litter boxes, grabbing a quick shower and coming to work
  • Mow the yard tonight. Rick had started it on Tuesday, but then we got rain. And we had storms all day yesterday, so we can almost see the grass growing again, even with the really cool fall-ish weather. I'll get on the riding mower and Rick will push-mow. Between the two of us, we can get it done in one night, but it takes a while.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got up earlyish.
Watched a film.
My cleaner came.
Lay on my bed and read.
Went to the mall and bought some unnecessaries.
Went to the hairdresser and cut my hair short. Give the family a shock tomorrow.
Went out for supper.
Came home .
Watched tv.
Now I'm in bed.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's a chub?
it's one of the ways meat is packaged for sale. it's a thick plastic bag that's tube-shaped, like these -- http://www.ultrasourceusa.com/ground-beef-meat-chub-bags-retail.html    they come in different sizes -- 1lb, 5lb, etc

here's the recipe for the slow cooker chicken -- http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/02/25/recipe-the-best-whole-chicken-in-a-crock-pot/

not an overly busy day here today, but i always seem to find things that need doing...

did the usual things (washed dishes, scooped litter boxes, took out the trash), ordered 4 cases of canning jars (some will be for jams/jellies i'll be making this summer, others will be for the cats raw food), continued working on the pet guard order (the first one arrived damaged, so a refund was given. now i'm getting ready to place an order for another of the same one, but will order it from home depot online to be picked up at the store), moved a couple jars of raw cat food to the fridge to thaw, and sliced the loaf of bread machine bread that i made yesterday. also worked on my shopping list, and our next HT order.

have finished everything that i'm going to do for today, so i plan on watching a tv show or two and possibly working a little on a jigsaw puzzle on my computer.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Am at work this morning until noon when I'm leaving, taking 4 hours of vacation time so I don't lose it.
  • Am defrosting my freezer/fridge here at work and then will give it good cleaning. Hopefully, it will completely defrost in a couple of hours or so; it usually doesn't take long.
  • We are doing some shopping this afternoon
  • I think we'll be doing some yard work tonight

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Normal breakfast routine 
  • Errands: banking, Target, etc.
  • Vacuum, dust, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick bought a new vacuum hose for the Dyson; it should be here on Wednesday. Meanwhile, I'm using the WindTunnel Pro to vacuum. It does a good job on cat hair, not so good on litter. But it's better than nothing.
  • Normal breakfast routine with the kids, must do the litter boxes
  • Four loads of laundry this morning, including the bed sheets and the cats' blankies and pillowcases
  • Working outside on weeding the front and back flower beds, planting the cannas out along the eastern edge of the pool fence and the elephant ears along the arbor at the western side of the pool fence. I have to plant the window boxes on the shed windows and the white wooden duck with cascading petunias. Rick brought his mom's strawberry jar home and I have hens-and-chicks to plant into that for the front stoop.
Rick's mother had a succulent planted in a container that she kept in her kitchen. I finally brought it home yesterday and put it on the counter in our kitchen. If the cats leave it alone, I'd like to keep it in the kitchen. But our cats are known for their bad behavior toward any and all houseplants, so if they go after it, I'll have to take it into work....my work cube is a veritable greenhouse, largely because I can't have any plants at home.  

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every day is weeding day around here! I usually pick a spot, start weeding in between watering and changing sprinklers, and quit by 11:00 or so, then the
sweat starts dripping in my eyes and I can't see! So for today.... 1.Weed the garden 2.Water the front yard flowers and all the potted ones ( our underground doesn't come on enough to keep flowers alive in this heat) 3. Vaccuum the whole house and clean litter boxes, like THAT isn't an every day job! 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I hear you about the weeding! Always something needs to be cleaned out.
  • Normal breakfast routine with the kids, scooped the litter boxes, made the bed, general clean-up, etc.
  • I have my first physical therapy appt for sciatica this morning 
  • Planning Commission meeting right after work tonight; only three plans to review, so I'm hoping I can get them done fairly quickly and get out of there
  • Target for BP meds for me and a bit of grocery shopping
  • Exercise night tonight

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Vacuum tonight. The cats are really shedding and, even with regular brushing, there's still enough fur around to make a kitten. I'm doing almost daily vacuuming right now.
  • Some outside work
  • Call the vet for an appt for that annual vaccine for The Beast

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Lots and lots of errand today! I didn't get them all done either.

- brought my mother to the eye dr.
- two different banks for a deposit and to renew my IRA.
- I may have found a dress for my niece's shower. :cross:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The replacement hose for our Dyson came yesterday and Rick put it on last night. 
  • Normal breakfast routine this morning
  • A good vacuum about the house
  • Trash night, so clean litter boxes
  • Three loads of laundry are separated on the hall floor
  • Tonight is an exercise night and I also have to do my PT exercises (did PT this morning, too)

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

• Vacuum tonight. The cats are really shedding and, even with regular brushing, there's still enough fur around to make a kitten. I'm doing almost daily vacuuming right now.
  • Some outside work
  • Call the vet for an appt for that annual vaccine for The Beast
Yes Artie is really shedding. Too bad he does not care to be brushed for very long. I cannot touch his belly at all. 

• Tonight is an exercise night and I also have to do my PT exercises (did PT this morning, too)
FYI: When I was having PT they specifically told me not to do my exercise the day of the appointment. To do them the next day. They said it would be too much for the injured area....

My thoughts would be unless it was just stretching, then maybe ok.. or unless this is you home therapy day...Just my 2 cents....sorry.

I am not sure what I am doing today.

Have to get some groceries either today or tomorrow. 

and possibly a quick trip to the gym. I did go yesterday but could not use the elliptical for very long. If I go today, it would be a short workout. 

Maybe I will finally clean out the chair on the balcony, then sit and read for a tiny bit. It is supposed to be beautiful today. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

FYI: When I was having PT they specifically told me not to do my exercise the day of the appointment. To do them the next day. They said it would be too much for the injured area....

My thoughts would be unless it was just stretching, then maybe ok.. or unless this is you home therapy day...Just my 2 cents....sorry.
The therapist did not tell me anything like that, but yesterday was not my PT day, so I was fine. I do go into PT this afternoon, so won't do much of those exercises tonight, probably just the new ones that he will show me today. I did the normal ones this morning and so then my PT session will be the second time for those. As for your 2 cents, that was fine. I really didn't know that and it was good to learn. 

I did call for that appt for The Beast yesterday, only to go home from work and Rick tell me that she now has blood in her stool. And she has diarrhea (I mentioned that in another thread). Anyway, Rick took a sample to the vet last night for testing and Jackie now has an appt on Friday afternoon to be seen. She seems ok, other than the bloody diarrhea, maybe a little on the quiet side right now. 
  • Vacuum about the house a bit
  • If the weather holds, we may work outside a little, but we are due for showers pretty much all day today
  • We have to go to Rick's mother's house to pick up some cleaning supplies that are in the kitchen. I'm done cleaning that house and I'm not doing another thing. The realtor is coming in tomorrow morning to take pictures, so we have to get rid of the cleaning stuff.
And I think that will be pretty much it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.