Name three things - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • During lunch today, I have to walk down to the garage to see about putting a new battery into Clarence (the PT Cruiser). I'm ready to start driving him now for the summer. Last fall, I thought the battery was a little sluggish and when I got him inspected back in January, the guy said he was ready for a new battery. It will be nice to be able to start driving him around again and leave the Tucson at home for the summer. And while I'm at the garage, I'm going to walk over to the supermarket for a bottle of taco sauce as I think we're going to have vegetarian taco salads on Friday night for dinner. That will get me a nice walk in today during lunch.
  • Separated 3 loads of laundry on the hallway floor this morning to do when I get home from work.
  • We need to do the litter boxes tonight
  • I've been looking at new computers. Rick says he's ready to get rid of his Vista, but he doesn't want or need this huge computer that does everything and anything; he just wants a small desktop for doing a bit of surfing and for keeping track of our budget, his email, etc. I told him that if that was really all he wanted, he could just take my laptop, but he doesn't want to use that. I told him that the only way we could get a new computer was if he was willing to go to Windows 10, that I am not dealing with 7 or 8. It's 10 or nothing. And he agreed (he's pretty much used to 10 anyway because he uses my computer from time to time).

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- go for a walk
- yard work
- straighten up the kitchen a bit.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • I have to drop off Clarence at the garage tonight; he get his new battery tomorrow. Then I'll drive him the rest of the summer until the first snow flies.
  • My GF seems to be having some computer problems, so I need to check things out tonight. I told her I'm only staying about an hour though, because......
  • My co-worker brought in six Prince CDs for me to slap onto my iPod and I'm doing that tonight. (We are all playing Prince music around here, much to the chagrin of everybody else in the building.) 

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Normal breakfast stuff for Jackie and the kids. 
  • Rick brought me into work this morning and since I was here so early, I walked 4 miles.
  • Picked up Clarence during my lunch break today and put some gas into him. He started right up....I just love that car. 
  • When I went to walk down to the garage to pick him up, I noticed that my left ear bud bit the dust, so will have to run down to Best Buy tonight for new ear buds. I can't walk without music, so I need the buds now.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

• Normal breakfast stuff for Jackie and the kids. 
  • Rick brought me into work this morning and since I was here so early, I walked 4 miles.
  • Picked up Clarence during my lunch break today and put some gas into him. He started right up....I just love that car. 
  • When I went to walk down to the garage to pick him up, I noticed that my left ear bud bit the dust, so will have to run down to Best Buy tonight for new ear buds. I can't walk without music, so I need the buds now.
Do yourself a favor and get some of these to keep on hand in case you need them. DD uses them and so do I. I bought 6 pairs of the purple ones. How appropriate for when you listen to all the new Prince music you just scored. 
  These are great especially for the price. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Do yourself a favor and get some of these to keep on hand in case you need them. DD uses them and so do I. I bought 6 pairs of the purple ones. How appropriate for when you listen to all the new Prince music you just scored. 
  These are great especially for the price. 

Thanks for the link!  I just ordered one set. 

I have been meaning to order an inexpensive one, just for the gym. The treadmills, exercise bikes, and gliders all have an attachment that is set up to your choice of TV or radio...

Been meaning to stop at Target for a cheap pair, but I never get around to it.....

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks, @Kat0121! They look like nice buds.
They really are. I buy multiple pairs at a time. DD goes through earbuds pretty quickly no matter if they are cheap or expensive. She asked me to send her some recently so I sent a pair of these in black. She really likes them so when I found myself needing some, I ordered 6 pairs of the purple ones. Purple is my favorite color and they are cheaper than the black too.
Next time she needs a pair, I already have them.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Monday, the ear buds should be arriving.  The reviews on Amazon look good. I got the orange ones ~ Orange!!! Don't ask me why!! I usually get either black or purple of anything. This way, I guess they will show up and I will not lose or misplace them, (wanna bet) 

Last night was the Church's "Spring Fling" dinner.. There were 300 people there! amazing..

and a DJ, who usually plays the real "hokey" songs...you know the typical songs for older people...and dancing. 

The children choir was there also, not just the church choir, this one is from all over the city.... Omg...they all tried so hard ~~ and in Disney costumes....together they sounded good; singular, well,,,,I will be nice.

The meal was a buffet of Chinese food. 

I am on the social committee.. Man, what a lot of work. Setting up, serving, cleaning up, coffee duty...

I am so exhausted today. I had plans to go to the gym, but I feel as if I ran a marathon yesterday. My brain feels like I have a hangover..and I do not. I only drank water last night; a sports bottle (24) oz and a 10 oz bottle..plus some more when I came home. I was soaking wet...It was warm in there. 

Guess I am naive, but I cannot comprehend the audacity of some people, in the food line. I was serving the beef and broccoli and another pan of lobster sauce (yuk)....People were so demanding! give me more broccoli, give me more beef, that is not enough, drain the sauce from the spoon, that is not enough...etc, etc........

People were in line, not going anywhere, I was in the middle of the station. Well, the nerve of some people to take the spoon out of the pan of lobster sauce and help themselves, while I was serving the Beef to the person in front of them!! They were not leaving any faster..there were other foods down the line.. I had to tell them time and again that I  was serving them. They would have to wait for me.. 

Some elderly women were actually trying to PICK the pieces of Beef or Broccoli out of the serving pan with THEIR fingers!!! GROSS... We were wearing gloves...And she wanted to put a piece back in the pan~~ with her FINGERS!!

I told her that was not allowed; she touched it, she owns it...she cannot put it back...

Wow--people just amaze me..

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- walk
-straighten up a bit around here
- friend coming by later this afternoon

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today has been a relatively quiet and peaceful day for us.

-- everyone has been pilled that needed pilling today

-- everyone has been eating 

all i did today was to wash the dishes, scoop litter boxes, and deal with the trash. wood stove is going 'low and slow', just taking the chill off the house on this damp and rainy sunday.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- I have $35 in Kohls cash burning a hole in my pocket, so I think I'll be headed there today.
- If the rain isn't too bad, I'll make a trip to a garden center I haven't been to yet.
- general straightening around the house.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
another relatively quiet day for us.

-- kitties all had their meals

-- deedee was pilled; punkin has completed her course of antibiotic; both girls got their probiotic

-- washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes

-- moved a jar of raw chicken cat food, and the remainder of the sliced smoked honey ham to the fridge to thaw

-- paid the mortgage

-- worked on the shopping list for this month

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i'm up early today, too early so may take a nap later. i awoke to the sound of wire chewing -- much like the sound of a cat getting ready to vomit, it wakes me up instantly. so i've ordered 200 feet of wire loom -- 100 feet of 1" OD, and 100 feet of 1/2" OD. i'm going to cover every speck of wire/cable at this point. some of you may remember that i have really very extensive cord/cable coverings already. i just can't risk our punkin coming to harm, or my cords/cables being destroyed. the 1/2" and 1" outside diameter of the wire looms makes them very hard for a cat to get into their mouth to chew, and the plastic is hard/rigid so it won't give the chewiness that i'm thinking attracts punkin to the cords/cables. 
......$69.98 spent on wire loom...

anyway...all i have needing doing today is making our meals, washing the dishes, scooping litter boxes, and dealing with the trash.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I vacuumed, dusted, etc yesterday while Rick mowed the lawn. So today.....
  • I'm working on laundry now. Changed the bed sheets and have them in the dryer now
  • I need to get my butt out to the kitchen to get started on my pizza dough for later on today.
  • Work on a grocery list and gather my coupons together for shopping Monday night

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've got a cold, so it was be a minimal effort day for me

- pick up town trash bags
-refill the bird feeders
-water the plants

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Normal breakfast stuff, followed by the treadmill 
  • I had to go pick up my co-worker; he locked himself out of his house, so I went up, picked him up, and brought him into work. I also had to "break in" to his office because his office is locked, but I managed, and was able to get an extra set of keys. The problem is that the extra keys don't fit his house, so we're back to square one. He's calling a locksmith, (And he said he's going to give me keys to his house now, so I have them; I usually do petsitting for his cats anyway, so it's probably good that I get some keys. This is not the first time he's locked himself out, so somebody needs some keys.)
  • Planning Commission meeting this afternoon after work and it will be a long one, I'm afraid. Then it's home and I need to go to Target tonight to pick up meds and then on to the grocery store.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- go to the fish market
- get my hair done
- maybe the liquor store

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Normal breakfast stuff, followed by the treadmill
  • The inevitable 3 loads of laundry separated on the hallway floor (Mollipop is shut up in the bedroom; when I left for work, I saw Muffin's tail and the tip of a paw sticking out of the bottom of one of the colored piles. She loves sleeping in clothes.)
  • Cleaning the litter boxes for trash night

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- laundry
- start sorting out packing
- general straightening

Status
Not open for further replies.