Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Up early, regular morning stuff, 

off to Church

home--breakfast, read paper, give Artie another medicine

off for errand

home, take trash out

right now I am sitting in a recliner, sweatshirt on, covered with a quilt and icing my shoulder. It is really bothering me today...real bad...

Do not know what I will do for the rest of the day.

Was planning on leftover chicken with broccoli and mashed potatoes, but with my shoulder pain...I do not know...

possibly something lean cuisine from freezer,,,sigh....

maybe a glass of wine will help the ice to deaden the pain????  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually managed to get everything done that was on my list for yesterday. I worked until around 5:00 or so and then decided that enough was enough for one day. Spent the night back in the computer, going through newspaper/magazine clippings of recipes, trying to figure out what I might make and what could be throw away. And working on cleaning my desk. When I cleaned out under the bathroom sink, I found a couple packages of clear light bulbs, so I was able to replace a couple burned-out bulbs in the bathroom (we kept forgetting to buy bulbs). 

So today......

• Did the breakfast thing with the furkids, scooped litter boxes, etc.
  • Living room: Vacuum and dust, wash the bay window (kitty snuffle from BooBoo), wipe down the railing at the steps and take the foyer light apart and wash the panels (that's tricky, even though it's a long light and hangs down from the ceiling, I still have to balance myself, so I don't fall down the steps). Run the dust mop around the ceiling. 
  • Kitchen: Vacuum and dust, wipe the countertops, lemon oil the hutch, steam-wash the kitchen floor, clean out the fridge, wipe down the outsides of the fridge, stove, and dishwasher, wash the windows (kitty snuffle at the French doors from BooBoo) and run the dust mop around the ceiling. Clean out under the kitchen sink, although that's not too bad overall. Clean out the lazy Susans, replenish my spice bottles, feed my sourdough starter. All that good stuff. 
  • Change the bed sheets and there are three loads of laundry to be done, including a load of kitty-and-Beast stuff to wash. The laundry is started.
  • Do a bit of straightening-up in the basement. I still have things in disarray downstairs from our Easter dinner last weekend, so I need to get things back in order (the roaster, some canning jars that we used, some casseroles dishes, etc. Everything is simply flopped on top of the chest freezer.)
  • Making a pot of split pea soup and a pot of beef vegetable soup for the freezer. We will be in the mid-30s today, so it's a good day for making soup.

And I think that will be it for the day.
How do you make a beef veggie soup?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got a taxi.
Went to my shrink.
Bought a little pink chair for my granddaughter.
Bought myself a ring.
Took me out to eat.
Got a taxi home.watched tv.
Bed.

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Up early, regular morning stuff, 

off to Church

home--breakfast, read paper, give Artie another medicine

off for errand

home, take trash out

right now I am sitting in a recliner, sweatshirt on, covered with a quilt and icing my shoulder. It is really bothering me today...real bad...

Do not know what I will do for the rest of the day.

Was planning on leftover chicken with broccoli and mashed potatoes, but with my shoulder pain...I do not know...

possibly something lean cuisine from freezer,,,sigh....

maybe a glass of wine will help the ice to deaden the pain????  
Sure, if you drink enough of it, but you may not want to go that route. Do you have any analgesic balm like Icy Hot? If you do, rub some on, then take an aspirin or two. That is what I do, and it seems to work wonders, especially when I lay down in a cool darkened room, with no noise or light. Just alone with your thoughts. Stress sometimes can make the pain feel all that much worse. Less stress may help greatly. Hope you get feeling better. (PS--a hot shower could help, too)

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Dennis, I am ok. Just a thought. I have had shoulder pain for 4 years; since I broke my upper arm at work. Today, the aching is really bad. It has not been like this in a while. I do not rake narcotis for it. Cannot take NSAIDS. The only thing that helps is an ice pack, arthritis strength Tylenol and hanging my arm over the side oft he chair. I do not want surgery. It would consist of removing 1 CM of my follower bone.

Not something I desire.

Thanks fr the suggestions. I am very careful and cautious of what I do and take. Cold is better for this shoulder because it bums the pain.

Today is a bad pain day for me. Knee , rt little finger, wrist, hip and shoulder. The entire right side. Comes with the work I did. N

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I  know what you mean. I broke 46 bones in very bad car accident when I was 16, and never fully healed in a correct way. Arthritis came early, when I was 19. There's not a day that goes by that at least one thing hurts on me. For me, heat helps somewhat, but in your case, cold is a remedy for you. And that's okay. If I am not being too nosy, what was your occupation? And how did you injure yourself?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, after doing housework all weekend, I'm back in the office this morning. Thankfully I only work three days this week; the rest of the days will be devoted to cleaning our Rick's mother's house for the public sale.
  • Our normal morning routine with all the furkids. I didn't scoop boxes, though, this morning. I really needed to get back on the treadmill and walked 3 miles. Rick isn't working at all this week, so he cleaned the boxes while I walked.
  • Must call our cable company to order Starz for the next couple of months while Outlander's new season in on. (I know, after all that complaining about our cable company!)
  • Grocery shopping tonight and do I have a list. It seems I'm running low on quite a few things this week.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Dennis, I am ok. Just a thought. I have had shoulder pain for 4 years; since I broke my upper arm at work. Today, the aching is really bad. It has not been like this in a while. I do not rake narcotis for it. Cannot take NSAIDS. The only thing that helps is an ice pack, arthritis strength Tylenol and hanging my arm over the side oft he chair. I do not want surgery. It would consist of removing 1 CM of my follower bone.

Not something I desire.

Thanks fr the suggestions. I am very careful and cautious of what I do and take. Cold is better for this shoulder because it bums the pain.

Today is a bad pain day for me. Knee , rt little finger, wrist, hip and shoulder. The entire right side. Comes with the work I did. N
Sorry for all the typos.

I was responding from my phone: between the auto correct and my fat fingers, well the typos happened....

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

I  know what you mean. I broke 46 bones in very bad car accident when I was 16, and never fully healed in a correct way. Arthritis came early, when I was 19. There's not a day that goes by that at least one thing hurts on me. For me, heat helps somewhat, but in your case, cold is a remedy for you. And that's okay. If I am not being too nosy, what was your occupation? And how did you injure yourself?
I was an ultrasound tech, specializing in Maternal-Fetal medicine. 

The last person in the room left the stretcher (bed) wheel sticking out. When I went in to clean up the room, in order to use it.; my left foot got caught in the wheel, causing me to fall. I tried to avoid the counter and cabinet in front of me. I ended up grazing the entire cabinet; resulting in my right upper arm breaking. I ended up with lots of shoulder issues from the fall also. It is unclear if the shoulder was dislocated and then relocated while they were trying to get me up and onto the stretcher. I felt bone movement several times, while I was holding onto my arm..

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Three things I need to do:

Take Toothless to the vet to get her Fentanyl patch changed. I refuse to keep the patches in my house nor do I want to be the one who changes it. Let her keep hating the vet whilst loving me

Deep clean my house. It's a pit today. Ideally I'd prefer to just blow it up, but I doubt anyone else agrees with that solution

Drop by work and talk to my boss. I need to explain to him that if he wants me to work until 3 am - he really CANT schedule me for 9am. That leaves me with less than 6 hours for sleep + shower + time to eat + travel time. Sometimes I get the hunch he's in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's...

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Well, after doing housework all weekend, I'm back in the office this morning. Thankfully I only work three days this week; the rest of the days will be devoted to cleaning our Rick's mother's house for the public sale.
  • Our normal morning routine with all the furkids. I didn't scoop boxes, though, this morning. I really needed to get back on the treadmill and walked 3 miles. Rick isn't working at all this week, so he cleaned the boxes while I walked.
  • Must call our cable company to order Starz for the next couple of months while Outlander's new season in on. (I know, after all that complaining about our cable company!)
  • Grocery shopping tonight and do I have a list. It seems I'm running low on quite a few things this week.
Did you know that you can get Starz through your Amazon account? It's $8.99/month after a free 7 day trial

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I was an ultrasound tech, specializing in Maternal-Fetal medicine. 

The last person in the room left the stretcher (bed) wheel sticking out. When I went in to clean up the room, in order to use it.; my left foot got caught in the wheel, causing me to fall. I tried to avoid the counter and cabinet in front of me. I ended up grazing the entire cabinet; resulting in my right upper arm breaking. I ended up with lots of shoulder issues from the fall also. It is unclear if the shoulder was dislocated and then relocated while they were trying to get me up and onto the stretcher. I felt bone movement several times, while I was holding onto my arm..
Wow, how unfortunate. Certainly applies as a freak accident, no doubt. In any case, I respect you for the occupation that you had, it must have been interesting.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- get all the trash and recyclables together. Tomorrow is trash day.
- do at least one load of laundry
- pay bills.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
@Kat0121, I didn't know that. Will talk to Dear Richard tonight and see if we can just go that route. I see no reason to pay almost $14 a month for Starz through cable if I can pay $9. Thanks for the heads-up!
  • Normal breakfast routine, although Rick emptied the dishwasher and did the litter boxes while I hit the treadmill. He's off work this week and is working at his mom's house, so he took over litter box duty today. We didn't get out of bed until around 5:30, so I couldn't do the boxes and the treadmill.
  • I'll scoop the boxes again tonight.
And I think that will be pretty much it. I'm too pooped to pip right now. I want to eat everything in sight, so I'm thinking an early bed time.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Separated two loads of laundry on the hallway floor this morning, while doing the breakfast routine with the furkids.
  • Rick is coming in today during my lunch break and we're going to go over to the farmers' market. I need some fresh garlic, mushrooms, lettuce, and a couple tomatoes. And we'll have a hot sausage sandwich for our lunch. The only bad thing about that is that I like to walk over to the market and Rick refuses to walk with me. So he'll come in, pick me up and drive over.
  • Trash night tonight, so cleaning the litterboxes. And doing the laundry.

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1. took my neighbors' Pomeranian to the vet----her legs popped out of its socket, but all better now; cost was $177 with meds included (neighbor paid for it)

2. washed the dishes

3. mowed the grass

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to Tel Aviv to see my sister.
Had a manicure.
Went out for lunch.
Went back to my sister.
Went home.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Normal breakfast routine and box scooping
  • Going to work on Rick's mother's house today
  • I never got around to those two loads of laundry last night; they're on my list for tonight after we get back home

Status
Not open for further replies.