Name three things - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Normal breakfast stuff, scooped the boxes, dosed the girls, etc. Rick cleaned up after Mollipop puked her breakfast.
  • Some baking and cooking going on today
  • A bit of house cleaning, but I'm not going crazy: vacuum, dust at bit in the living room and kitchen, wipe down the kitchen and the bathroom
  • A bit of laundry today (because I refuse to do it tomorrow)

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
my regular morning things. Artie meds, me breakfast, dishes, make bed.

Out to Church to help decorate for Tonight and Tomorrow...

In to wash the clothes I wore today because lilies are toxic to cats.

Shower

depending on how tired I am, I may go to Easter Vigil tonight. It is about 3 hours long. I do not know if I can stay awake for that. I slept fitfully last night.

I have to get up early for Easter Mass. I was assigned to give out Communion at that mass.

I am not overly religious; this is the first time I have ever gotten involved in the church. It is both interesting and a lot of work. Right now I have time to volunteer and for some strange reason, do not mind helping out. 

For someone who used to cringe when they had to speak to a nun or a priest; it is unbelievable that I am as involved as I am now. I was never really involved in my region before.  I know my father would have been in a state of shock and disbelief that I am doing all this. He would have had a big smile on his face. 

I can't believe I am doing this also.. very strange...

I have finally come to the conclusion that things happen for reasons.....and I am at the point in my life where I can see the reasons for some things...it is as if I am seeing the 'circle'..........

thanks for listening to me...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- pick up milk
- straighten out a bit int he garage
- unpack the cat food shipment that came yesterday

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, I'm feeling human again. I started in with a migraine on Saturday night and, by Sunday afternoon at 3:00, I was in bed. My brother and SIL had just left as he had to go to work. My MIL was still there, but I just couldn't handle anything anymore and I told Rick I was done. I went to bed and finally got up Monday afternoon when he came home from work so that we could go for some groceries. Last night I felt better and my sister and BIL came over for dinner to help us finish the Easter leftovers. But that was one of the worst migraines I've had in a while....it was nasty. I did get out of bed a couple of times yesterday, but always ended up back in bed within about ten minutes or so. I did manage a couple loads of laundry, but that was it. And you know I don't feel well when I don't do much during the day.

So, I'm back in the office this morning.
  • Did the normal morning routine: breakfast for the furkids and clean-up, 2 miles on the treadmill, did the litter box thing, dosed the girls, grabbed my shower, put Mollipop in the bedroom for the day, and came into work. On the way in, I stopped to mail a couple bills and took a book back to the library.
  • Rick's sister made a appointment to show their mom's house (why on earth she did that, we don't know because that house isn't nearly ready for showing) and now she can't make the appointment so Rick has to run up to the house after work. So I'm in charge of walking The Beast and making supper for the furkids tonight when I get home from work. While they're eating, I'll do another litter box scooping and take the trash out to the trash can before I start making our dinner.
And I think that will be it for the night. 

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Well, I'm feeling human again. I started in with a migraine on Saturday night and, by Sunday afternoon at 3:00, I was in bed. My brother and SIL had just left as he had to go to work. My MIL was still there, but I just couldn't handle anything anymore and I told Rick I was done. I went to bed and finally got up Monday afternoon when he came home from work so that we could go for some groceries. Last night I felt better and my sister and BIL came over for dinner to help us finish the Easter leftovers. But that was one of the worst migraines I've had in a while....it was nasty. I did get out of bed a couple of times yesterday, but always ended up back in bed within about ten minutes or so. I did manage a couple loads of laundry, but that was it. And you know I don't feel well when I don't do much during the day.

So, I'm back in the office this morning.
  • Did the normal morning routine: breakfast for the furkids and clean-up, 2 miles on the treadmill, did the litter box thing, dosed the girls, grabbed my shower, put Mollipop in the bedroom for the day, and came into work. On the way in, I stopped to mail a couple bills and took a book back to the library.
  • Rick's sister made a appointment to show their mom's house (why on earth she did that, we don't know because that house isn't nearly ready for showing) and now she can't make the appointment so Rick has to run up to the house after work. So I'm in charge of walking The Beast and making supper for the furkids tonight when I get home from work. While they're eating, I'll do another litter box scooping and take the trash out to the trash can before I start making our dinner.
And I think that will be it for the night. 
For the three things: 1-trimmed the bushes over at my sister's house  2-bought a pizza kit for me and my buddy, we're gonna watch a few flicks on the tube tonight and stuff ourselves silly and 3-washed my neighbor's Pomeranian (she's 13 and sweet as pie, named Gretta; I'm the only one that she deems worthy enough to bathe her! 
)

And I feel for you, because I know what migraines are like. I've been afflicted with them for 29 years now. They really mess up your day, don't they. Makes ya feel less than human, less than somewhat functional.Glad you're feeling better, Winchester!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- allergy shots
- must pick up a few items at the store
- some laundry

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, Dennis47! I am feeling much better this morning, thank goodness. That one was nasty and it started back in again yesterday afternoon and was throbbing a bit when I went to bed last night. Fortunately, I'm doing better today. I hope it stays that way for a while. I've had migraines now for about 50 years or so, on and off, since I can no longer take anything for them, I just go to bed when they get too bad. I'm sorry you have them, too; they are a bugger.
  • Our normal morning stuff before coming into work. This morning, Muffin is shut up in the computer room. When I left, she was busy munching down on some kibble. Jackie was flopped in her bed; she was eating a Pedigree treat, but she did wag her tail when I told her "Goodbye, be a good girl while Mama's gone". 
  • Must walk over to the library to return my last book. I was supposed to walk over to the vet today, too, to pick up Sentinel for Jackie, but I forgot to bring money with me (my memory is shot). Tomorrow is another day.
  • I put butter in the microwave to soften. I'll make the snickerdoodle cookie dough tonight, then bake them tomorrow night while Dear Richard is bowling. He'll have them to take with him this weekend. I'll take some in to his mom's, too; when she found out I was making snickerdoodles for Rick to take with him over the weekend, she asked me if she could have some, too. 
  • Two loads of laundry to do tonight
  • Tonight is trash night, so all the litter boxes have to be cleaned out and scoured.
And that will be it for the night.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- go for a walk
- neaten up in the garage - the doors are getting replaced tomorrow
- load of laundry. Ive been trying to do one load a day to keep up on it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • The normal morning routine. Muffin is in the computer room again today.
  • Must run some errands for Rick during my lunch break
  • Bake the snickerdoodles tonight

desmond

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Went shopping

Did some sewing

Listened to some music.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast (for me and Jasmine -- Hubby handled his own).

Cleaning litter boxes.

Date with Hubby.  (We have a 2 for 1 coupon for a local movie theater.  We're going to see Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Chip.)

Margret

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff....my breakfast and meds

Artie: meds and breakfast

dishes, make bed

Swiffered floors

Grocery store

Gas

Target

trash

cup of coffee

? what to have for supper..

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the supermarket.
Went to the baby clothes shop and bought 3 lovely outfits.
Went to the book shop.
Went to the drugstore.
Went to the hairdresser.
Had supper out.went home - dead.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Nothing going on today. Rick is leaving for his bowling tournament this afternoon. He's taking The Beast to the kennel this morning and will bring her back home on Sunday when he comes home. (Now if we could just board the cats, too, I'd be on 
. No animals for an entire weekend; I wouldn't know how to act. But they will be there when I get home from work and, no doubt, screaming for their supper.)

I'm working over lunch today and am leaving an hour early to start my husband-free and dog-free weekend early. 

And I'm totally serious about not doing anything tonight. I'm planning on spending the night in bed with the girls and a book or three. I'll watch Sleepy Hollow and then probably fall asleep.

Tomorrow starts the spring cleaning.....

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today got kind of busy, and it took until about 5:30pm before i got everything but one last thing done.

already done --

paid the mortgage

did the usual morning tidying

got a vac sealed bag of raw cat food to the fridge to thaw

scooped the litter boxes

took out the trash

washed the dishes

placed the cat's raw food order, and the chewy order (down to only ordering 1 case and 1 12-can half case of canned cat food now)

set up the payment for the gas/electric bill online

paid the trash removal bill online

and of course, the cats and i have had our meals and supplements (for the cats)

still to do --

go over to amazon and select the free Kindle First book for this month

lay a fire in the wood stove and get that going

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Gave the cats their breakfast, running the dishwasher now as there weren't enough dishes to run it last night
  • Take ground beef out of the freezer to make a big pot of vegetable soup for the freezer. Get the ham bone and a package of the Easter ham out of the freezer to make a big pot of split pea soup for the freezer. I'll get it all out to thaw today in the fridge and then make my soups on Sunday.
  • Bedroom: Vacuum, dust, Swiffer the bedroom and under the bed, run the dust mop up around the ceiling, wash the windows, etc.
  • Computer room: Take everything out of the room that I can (all the cats' stuff, chairs, stands, etc. Bona the computer room floor, wash the windows, clean the mirrors (the closet doors are bi-fold mirrors), clean out my desk, make another pass through my cookbooks, run the dust mop around the ceiling. dust the pictures, shelves, etc.
  • Bathroom: Vacuum, wipe down sink, toilet, and tub, wash the window, wipe down the closet doors, clean out the litterboxes, throw the curtains and shower curtain and liner in the wash, clean out the bathroom closet a bit/straighten-up, clean out the cabinet under the sink and repaper, wash the bathroom floor, run the dust mop around the ceiling, wipe down the bathroom walls, take apart and clean the bathroom fan, clean the lights, etc.
That might be all I get done today. It will take time just to get that done. And I can't do the whole house in one day like I used to be able to do. I already promised Dear Richard that I wouldn't wash any walls this time around (other than in the bathroom).

And before I do any of that, I have to put the vacuum cleaner back together. Last night, I took it apart, cleaned out the filters and washed them and put everything on the kitchen counter to dry. That won't take long, providing I can remember how to do it. I don't do it as often as I should, so I never remember how things go. And I brought the stepladder up from the basement last night and stuck it in the hallway.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I actually managed to get everything done that was on my list for yesterday. I worked until around 5:00 or so and then decided that enough was enough for one day. Spent the night back in the computer, going through newspaper/magazine clippings of recipes, trying to figure out what I might make and what could be throw away. And working on cleaning my desk. When I cleaned out under the bathroom sink, I found a couple packages of clear light bulbs, so I was able to replace a couple burned-out bulbs in the bathroom (we kept forgetting to buy bulbs). 

So today......
  • Did the breakfast thing with the furkids, scooped litter boxes, etc.
  • Living room: Vacuum and dust, wash the bay window (kitty snuffle from BooBoo), wipe down the railing at the steps and take the foyer light apart and wash the panels (that's tricky, even though it's a long light and hangs down from the ceiling, I still have to balance myself, so I don't fall down the steps). Run the dust mop around the ceiling. 
  • Kitchen: Vacuum and dust, wipe the countertops, lemon oil the hutch, steam-wash the kitchen floor, clean out the fridge, wipe down the outsides of the fridge, stove, and dishwasher, wash the windows (kitty snuffle at the French doors from BooBoo) and run the dust mop around the ceiling. Clean out under the kitchen sink, although that's not too bad overall. Clean out the lazy Susans, replenish my spice bottles, feed my sourdough starter. All that good stuff. 
  • Change the bed sheets and there are three loads of laundry to be done, including a load of kitty-and-Beast stuff to wash. The laundry is started.
  • Do a bit of straightening-up in the basement. I still have things in disarray downstairs from our Easter dinner last weekend, so I need to get things back in order (the roaster, some canning jars that we used, some casseroles dishes, etc. Everything is simply flopped on top of the chest freezer.)
  • Making a pot of split pea soup and a pot of beef vegetable soup for the freezer. We will be in the mid-30s today, so it's a good day for making soup.
And I think that will be it for the day.

Last edited:

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I've done more than 3 things already--

1--Vaccumed thee house   2--did 3 loads of laundry   3--took the trash out   4--fed my roommate's cute little Pomeranian   5--started cooking a HUGE pot of chilli   and 6--went grocery shopping.

And it's only 12:15 in the afternoon. I'm exhausted. Think I'll  have a lemonade with a shot of vodka, read a book, and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.