Name three things - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Laundry is on my to-do list today; I have three loads, plus a load of pet blankies and pillowcases.
  • Rick lost the remote control for the tv in the living room; I have no clue where it's at. He went to turn the tv on last night and we can't find the thing. He had to use the remote for the bedroom tv, which meant that I had to watch tv on the Amazon Fire Stick if I wanted to see anything. So I'm going to tear the living room apart this morning and see if I can find it.
  • Manicure tonight. My nails are pretty much the shortest they've been in a long time as I keep breaking them. But I still need to get some clear polish on them at the very least.
ETA: Found Rick's remote control. Life is good once again. (It was in the coat closet in the hallway; I have no idea how it got there.)

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today should be a relatively easy day here, though not really enough sleep for me last night.

-make us all our breakfasts, kitties get their lysine, and our jaspurr and punkin get their pepcid
-brush the cats teeth -- we just started doing that a few days ago, and that's going very well...but they all love the poultry flavor CET toothpaste, so that has helped
-wash the dishes, scoop the littler boxes, take out the trash, and bring in the newspaper
-place a small chewy order -- the girls are really preferring the raw food, but i've got the relatively large raw food order planned for the beginning of march so we'll make do with the last 2 containers of rad cat and the stella & chewy's freeze dried raw for now (along with the canned cat food)

other than that, i plan on watching some tv shows (haven't found the time for that in several days), read a little, and hopefully play some computer games.
Why do the babies need lysine?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no reading, tv shows, or computer games yesterday. but i have hopes for doing that this evening...we'll see.

already done today...

everyone's had their meals, lysine and pepcid
dishes were washed, litter boxes scooped, trash taken out, and newspapers brought in
wood stove is getting wood added as needed
made a loaf of bread in the bread machine
sliced the loaf of banana bread

still to do...

work on next month's shopping list
start my 'to do' list for my next 'busy' day

and -- my mom is going home from the facility today (remember she had knee replacement surgery, then physical therapy at the facility)!  :woohoo:
I'm glad your mum's coming home. How's she feeling?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for her, mickNsnicks2mom! I'm glad she's doing OK. Sounds like she's doing better than OK!

Rick and his sister are going to the house to continue their cleaning efforts today. While he's gone, I will....

• Change the bed sheets and do all the laundry
  • Do a quick vacuum and another Swiffer on the floors throughout the house
  • Scoop the boxes, do a general wipe-down in the kitchen and bath
  • Throw together a pan of chocolate brownies for dessert tonight and so that Rick has a bit of sweet for his lunch for a few days
  • Need to go to the King Arthur site to figure out how to freeze my sourdough starter as I'm ready to take a break from sourdough baking for a while. I don't want to kill my starter, just freeze it for a month or so.
  • Finish working on menus for dinner this week. Finish up the grocery list. I just downloaded some coupons, so must cut those out.
  • Update Rick's union laptop and my laptop

When he comes home, we'll dose the girls and I'll do another scoop of the boxes. Since Muffin has been out of the bathroom more, I've been checking the bedroom and computer with the black light. So far, things seem fine.
What's a swiffer?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
What's a swiffer?
Here you go: http://swiffer.com/en-us/shop-products/dusting/swiffer-dusters-cleaner-starter-kit

I use Swiffers for quick spot dusting. I use a floor Swiffer for dust under the bed and in the corners of ceilings. I like to take a floor Swiffer to the ceilings about once every other week or so to clean any beginning cobwebs, get rid of any dust, etc.

Back to work this morning. That was a fast weekend. Sometimes I wonder why I live for weekends because they sure don't last very long.
  • Did the breakfast duties and cleaned up, dosed Mollipop with Composure, scooped the litterboxes, did a black light tour of the bedroom and computer room to see if Muffin was peeing/spraying (she is not). hit the treadmill for 2 miles, grabbed a quick shower and got ready for work.
  • A quick trip to the grocery store and to Lowes to look at door hardware for the bedroom.
  • Scoop the boxes again, dose both girls, and do a black light tour of the bedroom and computer room right before bed.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- walked
- quick trip to the store to just get enough for supper
- lots of laundry

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do the babies need lysine?
little allie has herpes, so the lysine helps to both prevent flare ups and to treat them when they happen. i give our jaspurr and deedee lysine too because it doesn't hurt them, and if allie develops an eye infection like she had originally -- conjunctivitis -- that can be contagious to them. the lysine i use is in powder form, and i just measure and mix it into their food.

i've got the basics done today already -- we've all had our meals, washed the dishes, scooped litter boxes, tidied up a bit, called my mom (our weekly chat). just waiting on a fedex package to arrive.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went for refraction exam - my glasses prescription hasn't changed so that's good

Went to dentist for consultation for implants

Going out for dinner with my sweetheart

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
- Pill Sara (just the Pepcid, already gave her the methimazole)
- Scoop the litter (lazy little buggers aren't even burying the pee today)
- Sleep

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Did the breakfast duties and cleaned up, dosed Mollipop (and Muffin) with Composure, scooped the litterboxes, did a quick black light tour of the bedroom and computer room to see if Muffin was peeing/spraying (she is not). hit the treadmill for 2.5 miles, grabbed a quick shower and got ready for work. Shut Mollipop up in the bedroom today and gave Muffin the run of the house.
  • Groceries tonight, since we didn't make it last night. Rick's mother has a shopping list of things for us to get for her, too, so when we get home, Rick will have to take her stuff up to her. We'd like to get to Lowes, but I don't know if we'll make it. I'd also like to go to Target.
  • Once we get back home, I'll scoop the boxes again and do a quick black light tour.
And then I think we'll be going to bed.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have one more load of laundry this morning. I hope we can resume our exercise after two weeks of not walking because of my cold. I have a lot of paper work to file and hope to start on gathering the tax info for the accountant.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Already done:

- Feed cats
- Pill Sara
- Make coffee

To do:

- Scoop litter (this one is gonna hurt :( )
- Check and change Maple's towel
- Pill myself

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
meals for kitties and myself, and the cats will be given their lysine and pepcid (jaspurr and punkin); wash dishes, scoop litter boxes, trash out, bring in newspapers; work on my list for upcoming shopping trip; and *try* to do some relaxing things this afternoon or evening. i'm also pretty sure i've got a package from amazon being delivered today.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tomorrow is trash day so tonight is fun night!! Dump/scrub/refill of all the litter boxes. 

That's the highlight of the evening. Vacuuming up the puppy's worth of hair that the dog dropped on the rug today won't be as exciting. Maybe some Trailer Park Boys on Netflix after. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Vacation day today. 
  • Vacuum, dust, general clean-up. I need to wash the windows as there's some serious kitty schnuffle on the bay window in the living room.
  • Get the trash ready for Rick to take down to the road tonight.
  • Hannah (the Tucson) needs a good washing this afternoon. I'll drive her out into the back yard, wash her, then bring her around to the front yard for a good vacuuming and washing her inside (windows and such). I may wash Clarence (the PT), too, because if the weather holds, I'll probably start driving him instead of the Tucson.
  • Laundry

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make a cup of tea

Sit at the computer

Watch an old TV detective show (on the computer)

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Deal with the plumber coming to fix guest bathroom toilet

Get hair done and manicure

Play on here and Scrabble game

Status
Not open for further replies.