Name three things - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Winchester -- my mom is doing very well! she really wasn't in the facility having physical therapy for very long, considering she'd had a knee replacement at 87 years old. thank you for asking! she'll continue with physical therapy for a while at home.

i've got everything that needed doing completed at this point --

everyone has had their meals, their lysine and pepcid, and teeth brushed (4th day of brushing the cats teeth, and it's going well so far), ran the washing machine, i've got my 'to do' list written up for tomorrows busy day, the dishes are washed, and the litter boxes have been scooped. trash was taken out too. i also sliced the loaf of bread machine bread that i made yesterday.

this morning i did read a little, as well as play some computer games briefly.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good for her, mickNsnicks2mom! I'm glad she's doing OK. Sounds like she's doing better than OK!

Rick and his sister are going to the house to continue their cleaning efforts today. While he's gone, I will....
  • Change the bed sheets and do all the laundry
  • Do a quick vacuum and another Swiffer on the floors throughout the house
  • Scoop the boxes, do a general wipe-down in the kitchen and bath
  • Throw together a pan of chocolate brownies for dessert tonight and so that Rick has a bit of sweet for his lunch for a few days
  • Need to go to the King Arthur site to figure out how to freeze my sourdough starter as I'm ready to take a break from sourdough baking for a while. I don't want to kill my starter, just freeze it for a month or so.
  • Finish working on menus for dinner this week. Finish up the grocery list. I just downloaded some coupons, so must cut those out.
  • Update Rick's union laptop and my laptop
When he comes home, we'll dose the girls and I'll do another scoop of the boxes. Since Muffin has been out of the bathroom more, I've been checking the bedroom and computer with the black light. So far, things seem fine.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back to work this morning.....
  • Gave the kids their breakfast, cleaned up, hit the treadmill for 2.25 miles, dosed Mollipop with Composure, made the bed, scooped the boxes and grabbed a quick shower for work
  • Must grab a few groceries tonight
  • Scoop boxes and dose both Mollipop and Muffin tonight
  • Watch Lucifer and see how long I can stay awake (I've watched last week's show now three times and fell asleep every single time; the last was right at the end of the episode....still don't know how that blasted thing ends). I don't have a lot of hope for tonight either.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Already done:

- Feed the cats (Sara ate all her food - yay! - she hasn't the last couple days)
- Make the coffee (since I forgot to last night)
- Change Maple's towel

To do:

- Scoop the litter
- Pill Sara (thank goodness for figuring out a better way to do this)
- Get dressed, etc, and shuffle off to work

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
try to get some food into Artie. He refused all food yesterday and vomited his clavamox and steroid. 

I think the clavamox is giving him an upset tummy, even though I give it immediately after food.

Medicate Artie

Breakfast. 

Dishes

brush Artie

make bed

quick clean up-swiffer

Make a doctor's appointment

church

Trader Joes for some yogurt. I like their yogurt plus it is so much less expensive than the grocery store

Walmart

pick up a salad for supper.

then dishes

and give the cat his nighttime meds

I am thinking I will not give him any more clavamox. I am going to put in a call to his vet sometime during the day. Hopefully I will be home when she calls. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Gave the kids their breakfast, cleaned up, hit the treadmill for 2.5 miles, dosed Mollipop with Composure, made the bed, scooped the boxes and grabbed a quick shower for work. Did a black light tour in the computer room and the bedroom to check on Muffin; she's doing well.
  • Must scoop boxes and dose both Mollipop and Muffin tonight
  • A quick vacuum about the house tonight and a check with the black light to make sure Muffin is not spraying anywhere

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Got laundry going right now.
Do a bit of ironing, mostly my husband's dress shirts.
Do some paper work, filing, etc. Trying to get organized enough to get the tax stuff together for the accountant.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff with me and Artie

Off to doctor's appointment

Grocery store for a couple things

Church

Pick up new prescription

laundry

re-heated supper..

on computer while watching Judge Judy

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Gave the kids their breakfast, cleaned up, dosed Mollipop with Composure, made the bed, scooped the boxes and grabbed a quick shower for work. Did a black light tour in the computer room and the bedroom to check on Muffin; still OK! The litter boxes were terrible this morning and Amber puked up her breakfast, so there was no time for a treadmill walk. I spent the morning cleaning.
  • I'd like to walk over to the farmers' market over my lunch break as I need to replenish my stash of instant yeast (still haven't done it as the weather on Wednesdays the last couple of weeks has been rainy, snowy, icy, etc.). Also need some 'shrooms, fresh garlic, and some tomatoes. It's supposed to be rainy today and the wind is just roaring outside. I hate to drive over there when I can easily walk, but we'll see.
  • Trash night tonight; we'll have to clean out all the litter boxes. And I have three loads of laundry separated on the hallway floor.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just finished my 'stuff' for today.

everyone's had our meals, kitties had their lysine and pepcid (jaspurr and punkin), and all 3 cats had their teeth brushed. the dishes were washed, the litter boxes scooped. i set up our jaspurr's vet appointment for his annual physical and shot (just distemper this year) and left an update for dr o on how jaspurr is doing. just paid the trash removal bill online.

oh, i still need to get my kindle reader updating. it's got a keyboard update it needs, which i'm told can take some time to install/restart several times/etc.

this evening i'd like to watch the last two episodes of the season of Mercy Street on PBS. i'll be very happy if i can watch those tonight.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

i just finished my 'stuff' for today.

everyone's had our meals, kitties had their lysine and pepcid (jaspurr and punkin), and all 3 cats had their teeth brushed. the dishes were washed, the litter boxes scooped. i set up our jaspurr's vet appointment for his annual physical and shot (just distemper this year) and left an update for dr o on how jaspurr is doing. just paid the trash removal bill online.

oh, i still need to get my kindle reader updating. it's got a keyboard update it needs, which i'm told can take some time to install/restart several times/etc.

this evening i'd like to watch the last two episodes of the season of Mercy Street on PBS. i'll be very happy if i can watch those tonight.
I need to do the same thing to my Kindle....an update...did not think it took that long and tries...thanks for the info..I will do ti this weekend..

I finished watching Mercy Street. I did enjoy it.. I Googled it and found that it is a PBS novella, based on true characters--interesting; and a lot of truths...with artistic liberties.... LoL....

I know of someone else who tried to watch it, but could not get into it...

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
- Scoop litter (done)
- Feed cats (after 6am)
- Pill Sara

For later in the day...

- Lock Maple in bedroom to see if she uses litter box (what I call the "litter box challenge"), probably do that when I feed her this evening; I've not seen hardly anything for a couple of days and need to make sure she's actually using the litter box and not just constipated or something
- Balance my budget spreadsheet to date
- Check to see if I need to order any more cat food

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Gave the kids their breakfast, cleaned up, dosed Mollipop with Composure, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, scooped the boxes and grabbed a quick shower for work. Did a black light tour in the computer room and the bedroom to check on Muffin; still OK! 
  • Work is really hectic right now, so I need to get through my day in the office.
  • Dose the girls tonight, scoop the boxes, a quick vacuum about the house

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm finally all finished with things for today; just the cats meals and mine left this evening. 

we've all had our meals, the cats have had their supplements and their teeth brushed, dishes washed, general tidying here and there, litter boxes scooped and trash taken out. i placed the online orders that i'd been working on putting together today -- the girls first relatively big raw food and supplements order (with a couple pounds of boneless ground chicken breast for jaspurr, will make it into some home-cooked using u-stew), a handful of various items from amazon, and my first amazon subscribe and save order. i'm pooped...

dinners for us all momentarily, then watching some tv for me this evening.

I need to do the same thing to my Kindle....an update...did not think it took that long and tries...thanks for the info..I will do ti this weekend..

I finished watching Mercy Street. I did enjoy it.. I Googled it and found that it is a PBS novella, based on true characters--interesting; and a lot of truths...with artistic liberties.... LoL....

I know of someone else who tried to watch it, but could not get into it...
i got my kindle updated last night. it sure did make some very strange warbling type noises while updating! the girls were looking at the kindle closely, trying to figure out why it was making those strange noises.

well, PBS has removed all but the last episode and the 'catch up for the season finale' episode that's 1 hour 54 minutes. i honestly don't know when or if i'll find the time to watch those. it's been a busy period of time here lately.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick brought me into work this morning, not really because of the snow (although it did snow overnight and is still flurrying right now), but because I want to get out a little earlier this afternoon. Coming in here early made it really hectic at home, trying to rush around to get things done in time to leave with him.
  • Gave the kids their breakfast, cleaned up, dosed Mollipop with Composure, made the bed, scooped the boxes and grabbed a quick shower for work. Did a black light tour in the computer room and the bedroom. (I should really start getting out of bed at 4:00. I'm awake anyway.)
  • Errands tonight: banking, Target for meds, Lowes for water softener salt, Staples for printer ink
  • Scoop the boxes, dose the girls and a general clean-up 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is meeting our son at his mom's house this afternoon to move furniture down to the first floor. 
  • He took The Beast out to pee this morning, while I fed the kids and then cleaned up. We dosed the girls with Composure (I think it is helping Muffin, but it's doing absolutely nothing for Mollipop). I did a quick sweep with the black light in the computer room and in the bedroom.
  • Vacuum, Swiffer, a bit of dusting, and a quick wipe-down in the bathroom and the kitchen.
  • Scoop the litter boxes
And I think that will be it today.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A fun day planned today:

- Go to see the movie Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

- Possibly have dinner out

- Play Scrabble on facebook

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff---meds, feed Artie, dishes, etc

Pick up Artie's meds at specialty hospital

Pick up some prescription food at reg Vet

Trader Joe"s

Starbucks  for coffee

Humane Society for a 3 hour shift

Home,

Wash and Dry clothes from today

return telephone call

medicate Artei..

Computer time and Vegg out !

having some hummus, chips and a drink...long week and long day..

feed Artie

Nothing else until tomorrow morning.. I am planning on being a zombie tonight..

Oh yes, gotta feed Artie in between......

Last edited:

hatchytt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hit up the pharmacy for my meds

Talk Rune into getting some freeze dried food for the kitty-kids

See Deadpool in the theater with the recliners

Status
Not open for further replies.