Meet Shia my pregnant baby :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, please do not use that! It gets terrible reviews. Please let the vet worm your cat with an oral dose of Drontal. It's much safer and more effective. That preparation scares me, particularly while she is nursing, and she's been unsettled as it is. There's no emergency to worm her today just because you saw a worm.

Last edited:

meggymoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Gosh please dont use Bob Martin products, ive seen such terrible things happen to cats with these products. My vet treated Meg with Panacur as it was safe whilst pregnant. X

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeah I usually avoid like the plague, not because anything bad has happened to my cats just because they never work, basically might as well spray my cat with tap water, but sadly it was my dad buying and I didn't specify just said wormer and shops only sell bob martin, probably because vets and decent pet shops knows its rubbish :/

only ingredients i can find is "active ingreditents contains 20mg praziquantel"

will sort something different tomorrow

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

yeah I usually avoid like the plague, not because anything bad has happened to my cats just because they never work, basically might as well spray my cat with tap water, but sadly it was my dad buying and I didn't specify just said wormer and shops only sell bob martin, probably because vets and decent pet shops knows its rubbish :/

only ingredients i can find is "active ingreditents contains 20mg praziquantel"

will sort something different tomorrow
Praziquantel is what kills tapeworms.

Might not be so bad then, I just prefer not to recommend these store products, like hartz and sargents are just awful.

kittykitcat2233

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah I wouldn't use Bob Martin. In my experience they never really work. Some people also say there poisonous. This one woman I knew had a 12 week old kitten that died when she use the flea collar from Bob Martin. Along with this I've seen entire hate pages dedicated to banning Bob Martin products.

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

okay he brought it round and i managed to weigh funny thing is the laid back one that she went for is actually the heaviest 

Black (one laid back one) -137g

B&W- 112g

G&W- 129g

Black- 129g
Black laid back, Panther- 153g,  16g gain

Black, Suky- 147g. 18g gain

G&W, Andy- 142g, 13g gain

B&W, Patch- 132g, 20g gain.

not bad

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Those are fantastic weight gains! I see nothing to worry about, but keep weighing each day for awhile. It really appears mom has settled in. How is she treating the black kitten now?

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
shes treating him fine, think shes a lot happier now shes in the wardrobe 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's good to hear. It was scary there for awhile!

Last edited:

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it was :)

think shes getting a bit bored now, Mylo stayed away for a whole day probs giving her space, he usually goes outside during the day and comes back in the evening I don't worry too much if hes not home in the evening because hes usually just in my neighbours house, her and her cats absolutely loves him, every morning when I leave for school run he'll leave too, and I found out why last week, turns out he goes straight to her house and greets her at the stairs when she wakes up then by the time I'm back shes gone to work and hes back at my door asking to come in, he specifically goes out every morning to greet her good morning haha, and to have a wee because he doesnt go to toilet in the house.

anyway he came back today and i thought i'd let him see Shia and kittens obviously supervised and removed if Shia didn't want him there, she was surprisingly happy to see him and ended up leaving him with the kittens so she could wander around the house, I stayed with kittens too I wouldn't let him in the nest and he happily looked on from a distance, and Shia seemed happy to be able to get out of my room for 5 minutes :)

was amusing to watch though as he was exploring all the new things in here like the hooded cat litter tray and he had no idea how to get into it, I spent a good 5 minutes laughing my head off as he struggled to figure out how it worked, eventually I showed him as I started feeling a bit mean lol

now question, I was going to buy cats a new cat tree, not in a rush as next few weeks are bill weeks so sometime beginning of next month, just in time for kittens to go crazy on it, because my lovely cats decided to turn the old cat tree into a cat litter tray.

so I'm aiming for one without a little box thing at the bottom, as thats what they kept pooping in lol

which do you prefer because I can't decide I like both!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121800797...49&var=420791279894&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121355304...49&var=420300151139&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm glad Mylo has now met the kittens as well as been introduced to a litter box! And mom needed a break too.

I'm partial to the second cat tree myself. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hey i had a look at a couple of kittens bums to see if i could figure out the sex, and the black and white ones bum is bleeding?