Meet Shia my pregnant baby :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They may have intestinal bacteria or parasites and need antibiotics and/or worming. You need to call your vet and have them seen. Kittens do not normally have blood from their bums unless there is a problem. They probably all need treatment. This is something they would be born with. Mom will need treatment too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it was right after she cleaned them up so dunno if its from cleaning their bums too much?

they have an appointment at the vet tomorrow but I'm worried I never know how shes going to react, think im more of a worrier than her

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bring a fresh poop sample with you if possible.  Check with your vet to find out how old it can be or if it can be refrigerated.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mom is probably licking their baby poo, so there would not be a sample. I doubt the blood is from licking, because all mom cats lick to stimulate, but the babies don't bleed. It's most likely from intestinal irritation. It needs to be treated. I hope your vet is experienced with young kittens.

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
its just a nurse visit tomorrow to see whats going on, hopefully theyre all okay im so nervous about doing anything with her right now 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What did you end up doing about the worming for mom? Did you use the Bob Martin product or not?

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got her some drontal, well my friend had a pack of drontal and I got one off her haha xD

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hey I'm really sorry I haven't been on in ages, been hectic here, all the kittens are fine and growing well, and beautiful, one of the black ones has a right attitude on him!

I can now tell black ones apart as one has a little white patch on his belly, another way is because one has MASSIVE balls already and the other I can't even find his/her genitals so I can't even tell its sex lol

a few little update pics of them now

its not often I can get photos as Shia keeps moving them from the aairing cupboard to under the bed which are both dark areas, I think shes stuck with under the bed from now on though now the kittens are more on their feet, they are 5 weeks on monday so I guess its weaning time soon, which should be fun :D

diggerd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww Hun they are gorgeous!

We are expecting willows kittens around the 26th onwards, it's gone so quickly!

Hope Shia is enjoying being a mummy:-)

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How adorable!!  That little black one sure likes to photobomb, doesn't he?

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omg the black and white one is soooo cute!!!
I know! I was going to keep a black one as I love black cats but the black and white has completely stolen my heart!  so might be keeping her instead :D
Aww Hun they are gorgeous!

We are expecting willows kittens around the 26th onwards, it's gone so quickly!

Hope Shia is enjoying being a mummy:-)
good luck with the kittens :D
shes a great mummy :)

How adorable!!  That little black one sure likes to photobomb, doesn't he?
its actually different black ones, but I love the photobomb on the grey and white kitten photo :D

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hello my cats kittens are 6 weeks old on monday and still not weaned, they are afraid of me, I have been trying to gain their trust but its hard as they just want to run away, I've been trying to offer kitten food but they aren't interested, they will sniff it on my finger but thats it, any advice on how to gain their trust and help them wean and start litter training them as well as my carpet is starting to stink, its a bit hard as well as they live under the bed so can't get to them unless they are running around playing

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some kittens wean later than others.  When mom has had enough she will let them know. I would put the kitten food out near mom's food.  they will follow her and when they see her eating it they will try it.  Put something down (like a tarp or large towel.) under the food and feed them using a paper plate or shallow dish.  It will be messy, since they will walk through the food and stick their faces in it.  It's a learning process.  Have warm damp cloth to wipe off the worst of it.

Their litter boxes should be low to the ground with non-clumping litter.  You can use the disposable metal cake pans from the grocery store or the cardboard trays that small cans of cat food come in.  Put puppy pads around them because they will not always get there in time. 

You need to spend some time playing with them so they get used to you.  Can you put boxes around the room to entice them to play with them and get them out from under. the bed?

shiacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Some kittens wean later than others.  When mom has had enough she will let them know. I would put the kitten food out near mom's food.  they will follow her and when they see her eating it they will try it.  Put something down (like a tarp or large towel.) under the food and feed them using a paper plate or shallow dish.  It will be messy, since they will walk through the food and stick their faces in it.  It's a learning process.  Have warm damp cloth to wipe off the worst of it.

Their litter boxes should be low to the ground with non-clumping litter.  You can use the disposable metal cake pans from the grocery store or the cardboard trays that small cans of cat food come in.  Put puppy pads around them because they will not always get there in time. 

You need to spend some time playing with them so they get used to you.  Can you put boxes around the room to entice them to play with them and get them out from under. the bed?
thats the problem I tried the food near hers but Shia doesn't share food, so when the kittens get near she starts growling, i have a small kitten litter tray fro them, need to get puppy pads, they have currently been playing with my wash baskets, they have a few toys in there too like a kitten scratch posts and a play tunnel they also enjoy climbing my bed and hiding under the blankets, its just when i come in they leg it back under the bed