Meet Mr. McGrumpy, the newest member of our family!

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good job!  I know how great that feeling is.  I remember you saying that you were looking to get a cat-friendly cat.  Looks like you made a good choice!
He completely understands and respects the hyerarchy of the house.
This is how our fourth cats was too (Miss Lucy.)  Makes things really easy, doesn't it?  I swear she has the best cat social skills!  Sounds like Mac does too!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's great all is well in the "House of Fluffy Kitties."  :D   I'm sure because there is a calm energy in the house, he is feeling that, along w/ your love too of course! ;)
I was just thinking the exact same thing and was about to come back and edit my post to add that, but you beat me to it. GMTA!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:thud: :thud: :thud: OH GOOD LORD IS HE EVER ADORABLE!!!!! and such a love. He looks a bit like a long-haired Pipsqueak. :lol3: I have missed this completely although I knew you were adopting him. AWWWWWW Carolina, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! to you and to Mac. He is ONE VERY VERY VERY VERY lucky boy that you found him. I am thrilled to hear that everyone - except the princess :princess: :rolleyes: has accepted him. Hey, Perla has finally gotten used to Wendall after almost 18 months!!! Hope will make sure that Mac knows his place. I am so excited for you, sweetie!!!! :hugs: :dance: :jump: :clap::clap::clap: :heart3: :heart2: :party: :heart: :party4: :happy3: :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
That's just so cool...

It's lovely to read such a happy story

Carolina, I'm sure your compassion and gentle nature played a really big part in this.

Last edited:

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've seen a happier look on a cat's face in a long time. He almost looks a little mischievous in a "Cheshire" kind of way :-D

He's so lucky to have found you. Everyone always thinks their kitties (moggies or pedigreed) are
the prettiest in the world. I'm ashamed to admit those beautiful Ragdolls of yours put my kitties to shame. I'm sooo jealous!!! J/K

Last edited:

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been following your thread since the beginning and I just can't get enough of your beautiful new baby. Sounds like you have done an amazing job. Please continue to send us stories. I look forward to them each and every day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should posted this video here too..... I posted in my house thread - here you go - Mac in all his glory enjoying the backyard and spraying a ton! :lol3:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I forget, was Mac just recently neutered?  Wonder why he did that?  Maybe the people who lived there before had a cat?  Or maybe a tomcat lives in the neighborhood and hung out in your yard before you got that fence up?  You better check around that corner when he was gone back there for awhile....he may have sprayed there too, that little rascal

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forget, was Mac just recently neutered?  Wonder why he did that?  Maybe the people who lived there before had a cat?  Or maybe a tomcat lives in the neighborhood and hung out in your yard before you got that fence up?  You better check around that corner when he was gone back there for awhile....he may have sprayed there too, that little rascal :catguy:
Mac has been neutered for a while, probably they neutered him when they 4-paw declawed him :wife:
Yep, the previous owners had a kitty and he sure did enjoy the backyard :nod:

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh.....most gorgeous photo ever!!  Cats in natural light make such wonderful photos....another benefit to your new cat fencing....better photo ops!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Desperate Mac!

He is SO enthusuastic (well, desperate, really :lol3::clap::clap::clap:) at meal times that I have to lock him up in his bedroom otherwise he will eat everyone else's food.
So I lock him first, then Lock Bugsy in the laundry room, and the polite eaters Hope and Lucky share the kitchen :lol3:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well........ Thrown for a loop here.
Since Mac went outside and sprayed that one time...... He did bring it inside..... Unfortunately. :(
I am certain this is a behavior issue, and not medical. He is peeing normally in the litterbox - I see him peeing there plenty of times - no straining, big pee clumps, no jumping in and out.... Nothing that would indicate an UTI.
The spraying started after he went outside and sprayed by the door. Like spray, it looks different, it dries differently, and it has a different pattern than pee - you can see the spray pattern.

He did once on my closet door, and twice around the other cats' litterbox - once on the floor and once on the wall.

I have not seen it anywhere in the house. I am looking for it with an UV lamp every night.

As a background for those who don't know: Mac is neutered, and joined the household on the 26th, about 10 days ago. Those following this thread know he had a troubling life.
Not only he is in a new house, but I am also in a new house - there was a cat in ithere previously.
When Mac started going outside I have a feeling he was "introduced" to other cats' scents.
In addition to the previous owners' cat, I have seen a cat in my backyard once - I imagine that others have jumped the fence once or twice.

None of my cats had this reaction - not even to Mac's spraying - Bugsy, Lucky nor Hope are Spraying - only Mac.

Unfortunately the only cleaner I had at home was Nature's Miracle, which to me is the same as nothing. I oredered a gallon of Nok out and it is on its way.
I am spraying Feliway on the house and on the spots he sprays, after I clean. I do have a black light I seach for sprays.
I have a Feliway plug in in my room, which, coincidently was the first room he sprayed. I ordered more plug ins for the entire house now.

I was told to confine him to his room again, but I don't want to do it right now :(
Mac is finally feeling at home with me and the kitties and I would HATE to confine him at this point.
I will do everything in my power to curb this behavior without having to confine him... It took a while for him to even trust me, I don't want to break that trust. Mac needs as much time around the house, around me and the kitties to learn how to be social.

I really really hope this stops.... :cross:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, Carolina! Well, lets hope once he can't smell where he sprayed anymore w/ the use of the new cleaner & the additional plug In's, he will subside from doing it again.

Sense he smelled the previous cat, maybe it was just a territorial thing (isn't that why they spray?)  It's weird how he brought it inside though, after not doing that inside before. Even after meeting everyone.
  "Maybe he was making sure that cat he smelled outside, wouldn't be welcome inside."  (He just doesn't know he's gone).

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First off, your yard is beautiful! I love how safe you made it for the babies with the top of the fence completely secured with that screening. Great job! Did see your Mac spraying in the video :eek:hno:!!!!! Let's just hope that this is Mac's way of trying to make himself more comfortable as he might be feeling a bit insecure. So many changes in his life and he might be a bit stressed even though he seems so settled. I know this is that last thing you need on top of your recent move and your three babies still adjusting to the new digs. I hope this will just be temporary and I would just suggest not letting anyone outside for the moment until they are all used to the new home and eachother. Mega vibes, truckloads of vibes on their way to Texas that this will behavior will be resolved quickly. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Desperate Mac!

He is SO enthusuastic (well, desperate, really :lol3::clap::clap::clap:) at meal times that I have to lock him up in his bedroom otherwise he will eat everyone else's food.
So I lock him first, then Lock Bugsy in the laundry room, and the polite eaters Hope and Lucky share the kitchen :lol3:
OH HUN!!!! :lolup: I swear, Mac is quite a character. Reminds me more and more of :king: Pip.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Carolina! Poor Mac.... :(

First off, your yard is beautiful! I love how safe you made it for the babies with the top of the fence completely secured with that screening. Great job! Did see your Mac spraying in the video :eek:hno:!!!!! Let's just hope that this is Mac's way of trying to make himself more comfortable as he might be feeling a bit insecure. So many changes in his life and he might be a bit stressed even though he seems so settled. I know this is that last thing you need on top of your recent move and your three babies still adjusting to the new digs. I hope this will just be temporary and I would just suggest not letting anyone outside for the moment until they are all used to the new home and eachother. Mega vibes, truckloads of vibes on their way to Texas that this will behavior will be resolved quickly. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:yeah: I think this is excellent advice. So many new things for everyone. I know outside is exciting, but since you want to avoid confining Mac, perhaps the best thing is to stop the outside excursions for a few weeks, and let everything settle down.... and let everyone settle in.... :heart2: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: