Meet Mr. McGrumpy, the newest member of our family!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I just want to hug that fluffy boy.  I'm sure the other cats come to his door to check things out.  What do they think?  I always enjoy that part of the introductions...watching growls and hisses turn to curiosity (aided by lots and lots of treats, of course.)  :lol3:
Funny you say that :D

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It warms my heart to hear your success story. Happy "forever home". He deserves it.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So has he attacked you again lately?  He seems so loving to you
.  If he has, have you been able to figure out exactly what triggers it? 

Does he have free roam of the house at night?  I think you said you and the other 3 stay in your room at night?  It seems like the integration is going pretty well, from that video, since they are already eating treats right next to each other (at least 3 of them are...although someone was missing!) 

All in all, seems to be going fantastic, huh?

Hey, are you on vacation or something?  Isn't it unusual for you to be home this much?  Oh, and how is he doing with Minka?  Has he attacked her? 

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So has he attacked you again lately?  He seems so loving to you :rub: :) .  If he has, have you been able to figure out exactly what triggers it? 

Does he have free roam of the house at night?  I think you said you and the other 3 stay in your room at night?  It seems like the integration is going pretty well, from that video, since they are already eating treats right next to each other (at least 3 of them are...although someone was missing!) 

All in all, seems to be going fantastic, huh?

Hey, are you on vacation or something?  Isn't it unusual for you to be home this much?  Oh, and how is he doing with Minka?  Has he attacked her? 
He bit my leg a few days ago - it wasn't his fault.... He got startled. I think I already told that time.
He bit my hand yesterday, but juuuuuuust a tiny bite - yes, it drew a tiny amount of blood, but it was not a full on attack. I think he just got overstimulated and said "enough!" He is fast though, and there are no signs - he went from loving and purring to bam! Bite!
It is clearly getting WAY better, and I think with time this will completely stop - IMHO it is just a matter of me knowing his limits, and him getting to trust me completely :nod:

Meanwhile I have a full bottle of colloidal silver here and so far no wounds got infected :lol3:

Yep, Hope was missing from that treat session - she was watching from afar. She goes to the gate from time to time, watches him curiously.... Sometimes she passes by and hisses :lol3: Most of the times she just watches :nod:

I am not on vacations - I wish! I got the flu..... pretty sick.... I was supposed to be traveling but had to cancel to not only get better, but to also not make the other people around me sick - pretty nasty stuff :(
Good thing is, I get to hang out with him a bit more....... :D

I forgot! Minka was here the other day.... but I think I want her to come this weekend before I leave on Monday.... I don't want him to be shocked with me leaving and having her all of the sudden.... Maybe I invite her for pizza and a movie ;)

Last edited:

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely love the videos you posted. He is just beautiful and seems to love you so much ---- bless you for saving this precious little baby. You are both so lucky to have found each other.

I keep thinking of the monster who hit him with a broom --- hope that person gets everything he deserves - and more!

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep, Hope was missing from that treat session - she was watching from afar.
I enjoyed watching the gate treat session.  During our recent into we did the same thing with the isolation door cracked (no baby gate....just got rid of all that stuff a few years ago and wasn't about to buy more....lol.)  Leo was my cat who hung back and took the longest to stop hissing.  But now Leo and Lucy are buds....he only hisses at her now when she smells like the vet.

I'm curious....does he stay in that room with just the one baby gate?  None of the kitties jump over? 

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoyed watching the gate treat session.  During our recent into we did the same thing with the isolation door cracked (no baby gate....just got rid of all that stuff a few years ago and wasn't about to buy more....lol.)  Leo was my cat who hung back and took the longest to stop hissing.  But now Leo and Lucy are buds....he only hisses at her now when she smells like the vet.

I'm curious....does he stay in that room with just the one baby gate?  None of the kitties jump over? 
oh no! :lol3: I have 2 baby gates, one on the top of the other.... If I leave one off he jumps right out. Did it again last night when all the kitties were around :doh3: scared the heck of me :paranoid:
In the end nothing happened though.... He went to check out my room and Lucky kept a VERY close eye on him, but kept her distance.
Bugsy jumped into his room and for a little while the were in the same room together. Nothing happened either- They were both more concerned with exploring than with each other.
Hopefully all this is a good sign :nod:

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
n the end nothing happened though.... He went to check out my room and Lucky kept a VERY close eye on him, but kept her distance.
Bugsy jumped into his room and for a little while the were in the same room together. Nothing happened either- They were both more concerned with exploring than with each other.
Sounds like things are going really well....yay! 

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, there have been a chain of events, and Mac is officially integrated as of tonight! I am right now pinned down on bed by Mac on the left, Bugsy and Lucky on the right!
Will post pictures and videos tomorrow... But all is fine! The only one who hissed a couple times was hope, and he backed away. He is very respectful of the resident kitties and in no way look for fights.... Quite the peaceful guy. Been nose to nose with Bugsy and Lucky and the only sound was a tiny meow.
I just have to figure out a feeding plan, because he is like Bugsy- he will eat everyone's food if you let him :rolleyes:
Anyways, I am a happy momma right now! :clap:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's great! All of them being in new territory has probably sped up the integration process. :cross: that Bugsy has found his best buddy!

Last edited:

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear all is going well and they're becoming friends. I just love to see your posts and videos. Please keep them coming,

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny you say that :D
:heart3: :heart3: :heart3:

Well, there have been a chain of events, and Mac is officially integrated as of tonight! I am right now pinned down on bed by Mac on the left, Bugsy and Lucky on the right!
Will post pictures and videos tomorrow... But all is fine! The only one who hissed a couple times was hope, and he backed away. He is very respectful of the resident kitties and in no way look for fights.... Quite the peaceful guy. Been nose to nose with Bugsy and Lucky and the only sound was a tiny meow.
I just have to figure out a feeding plan, because he is like Bugsy- he will eat everyone's food if you let him :rolleyes:
Anyways, I am a happy momma right now! :clap:
:banana1: :banana1: :banana1:

Well done!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so here is what happened:

I fed Mac Dinner last night, and as I was getting out of his room he jumped the gate :jaw:
All the kitties were out.... :paranoid: There was nothing I could do, at least for a while, to take him back to his room. He was determined to be out and about!
He got nose to nose with Bugsy and nothing happened, same with Lucky. He then sat on my office chair and just stayed there..... Like nothing was going on :lol3:

I was finally able to lure him back with FD chicken :sweat:

But then..... I thought.... Well.... Nothing happened..... No hisses, no fights..... He was good, and so were the kitties..... Maybe I should give this a try :dk:
I opened the gate - Out comes Mac!

It's been awesome! He is just perfect! He completely understands and respects the hyerarchy of the house. All the kitties, except for Hope, have been 100% fine with him. Hope hisses at him, and he bows his head and turns away. Perfect gentleman :heart3:

She got nose to nose with him, sniffed his nose, then hissed - he calmely walked away. There hasn't been one fight, one scream, nothing.
Last night He slept on bed with Bugsy and Lucky - it was all good...... except that I couldn't move - he is HUGE. He is leaner than Bugsy, but bigger. He is a BIG cat. very tall and long.

Anyways...... they have been out and about..... and no incidents so far! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Now, how nice is that? :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so awesome to hear, Carolina! I am so glad that Mac is getting along with your other kitties. He does sound like a perfect gentleman.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Couldn't be better. My most heartfelt (and teary eyed) congratulations to you all. :heart3: :hugs: :heart3:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's great all is well in the "House of Fluffy Kitties." 
  I'm sure because there is a calm energy in the house, he is feeling that, along w/ your love too of course!