Meet Mr. McGrumpy, the newest member of our family!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh.... Would be Sooooo nice if we were past the trouble waters (no pun intended :flail:)

And thank goodness for nok out and a great uv light :thud:
:rofl: troubled waters..... :clap::clap::clap:

Are not those black lights wonderful!!! Hope his spraying ways cease indoors for good!!! :cross:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mac hasn't sprayed for a good 5 days now :clap:
I didn't post before as I found something suspicious and wanted to check one more night. It's clear :bigthumb:
We haven't gone out in the last couple if days as it has been raining and it is muddy. I am also having work done in my yard, so we need dryer and cleaner days before we go out :nod:
He started sneezing all of the sudden today.... I am adding lysine now to his diet.
We have a visit with Dr E tomorrow, just a check up, microchip, etc.... I might run a urinalysis since I am there.
I will let you know how it goes!
:wavey:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So Mac went to the vet - he met Dr. E yesterday :D
It was a quick check up as he had to be sedated..... He doesn't do well at the vet, and I didn't want to send anyone to the ER :nono:

Here are our findings:
Mac is not as young as we thought - the Rescue vet said he was about 2 years old. Dr. E said he is about 5. I trust Dr. E, so 5 it is :nod: I wonder for how long he was outside :(

He has a hematoma on his ear - it is good now, although his ear is deformed :( There is nothing left to do besides letting the remainder of the blood get absorbed. He said probably it was due to a fight. Said it hurts a LOT when it is full of fluid, but it is not bothering him right now.... So that's good. Hopefully the sape will get better with time.

He has an ear infection on both his ear - he put a paste that lasts for 5-6 days so I don't need to treat :nod:

All his organs feel perfect, and aside from these minor issues Dr. E said he is a heck of a healthy Cat. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

He said "whoa that's a BIG Cat! That cat is huge, and he is pure muscle - that is not fat right there! " :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Mac weighs 14.5lbs; I thought it was going to be way more, as he is SO tall and big :thud:

I got him microchiped, and also tested him to FIV and FeLV. He was tested at the rescue, and he was negative, but I never personally got those results, so I decided to get him tested again just in case. I am no worried abou FIV of course, but FeLv is definitely a major concern - I can't have a FeLV cat with my other babies :nono:

Anyways, that's it for now for Sir McCreamy :lol3:

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor big baby. Did he already have the ear problem when he came to you?

And you're getting your drainage fixed?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor big baby. Did he already have the ear problem when he came to you?

And you're getting your drainage fixed?
Mike, remember you saw it when you came over? That's the issue he saw - you said it was an hematoma, you were right :nod:
Yes - I am getting it fixed - It is 1/2 way done..... He is doing a GREAT job. It is my neighbor's father :nod:

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Eeek!  The purring and the biscuits are just tooo cute!! 

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I love how they play so "politely".  I wish I could get Tinky to be polite like that
.  He always just runs over everyone else and tries to take over, so they all leave

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love how they play so "politely".  I wish I could get Tinky to be polite like that:rolleyes: .  He always just runs over everyone else and tries to take over, so they all leave :sigh:
I have no clue how Rebecca (Minka here at TCS) got them to do that..... When I play with them Mac and Bugsy are just like your cats :lol3:

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katie and I enjoyed your videos!  She's a huge fan of McDreamy.  Whenever I'm in this thread, she seems to know and jumps up and watches and paws at the computer screen!  lol

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katie and I enjoyed your videos!  She's a huge fan of McDreamy.  Whenever I'm in this thread, she seems to know and jumps up and watches and paws at the computer screen!  lol
Awwwwwww :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I will make sure to record a nice one outside today just for the two of you :rub:

It's been raining and I am having work done on my backyard (installing french drains) so there was a lot of dust and mud in there.... And silly Bugsy LOVES to roll on the floor.... to the left, to the right..... over and over again :rolleyes:
It is dry today.... I have to go shopping and come back to do some work - I will work outside so they can enjoy the yard :nod:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
SO SO SO happy to hear that his spraying ways are in the past :clap::clap::clap: and that he is completely feeling the love and security of what a good home should be and what he deserves. AWWWWWW is MAC EVER :thud: GORGEOUS!!!!!! Don't tell your other babies I said that because I think they ALL are gorgeous. But, really, Mac looks like a curly, cuddly teddy bear. And, glad that his vet visit was essentially very good news. I am sure he has had a very rough life and now feels he is in kitty heaven on earth :9: :D :clap::clap: Good job, momma!!! :hugs: :hugs:

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Carolina, I am so very very happy for you and your furbaby family. Mac really does seem in kitty heaven which he so deserves and he's getting along so well with your other kitties.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise