Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seamus
Chirp
Autumn
View media item 285718Munchkin
View media item 362648Ivy
View media item 362656Loki
Each one of them can cause as much chaos and mess as any toddler.
Oh, yes! Our kitties are the same way. One morning Spot broke one of AWM's painted plates because he decided to investigate the mantel. No idea why; he's never  shown interest in it before (and the plate was not new), but he knocked it over. When Slipper was still here one of the things she liked to do was lie in the middle of the floor and cry piteously until someone came to check on her. Princess is just chock full of mischief; she'll wait until someone has been sitting for a while, creep up behind the person, and then stick her paw up in the crack of the chair to poke the human (or cat, I've seen her do this to the others too). Ra likes to push my purse--no reason, he just likes to move it. (Not sure why.) Rose, back when she was a kitten, used to hide under coats and things (we hang them on the back of chairs here) only to leap out at me and land, claws first, on my rear. Asia's the most collected of the bunch--but she has her moments too. 
 What quirks do your kitties have?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What a gorgeous kitty crew @Rhondalee.   I love that photo of Saemus on the grass.  

I noticed the recent link and mention for a kitten in disress thead, and also went to take a look and post there.  However, I'd like to remind everyone that the best way to draw team attention to any thread and get the help required is to use the little red flag.   There is round the clock team looking at everything that gets flagged, and if necessary we can check who is around on site and seek the necessary help.  This can be faster than using @mentions or telling others about it in a thread.  

It is lovely to be on such a caring web site.  

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I've not been on the babbling thread for awhile and see that I've missed a lot.  To everyone with the job interviews - I admire your courage and hope everyone finds a good job as a result.  I used to work for a government agency and we were required to advertise jobs to give people promotions.  I used to feel so awful for the bright-eyed, hopeful job candidates who would come in for an interview for a job that had a pre-selected candidate.  I know I hated going on job interviews myself.

And here's hoping that all the kitties get better.  Eat Artie!  

@Rhondalee  your cats are so beautiful!

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, yes! Our kitties are the same way. One morning Spot broke one of AWM's painted plates because he decided to investigate the mantel. No idea why; he's never shown interest in it before (and the plate was not new), but he knocked it over. When Slipper was still here one of the things she liked to do was lie in the middle of the floor and cry piteously until someone came to check on her. Princess is just chock full of mischief; she'll wait until someone has been sitting for a while, creep up behind the person, and then stick her paw up in the crack of the chair to poke the human (or cat, I've seen her do this to the others too). Ra likes to push my purse--no reason, he just likes to move it. (Not sure why.) Rose, back when she was a kitten, used to hide under coats and things (we hang them on the back of chairs here) only to leap out at me and land, claws first, on my rear. Asia's the most collected of the bunch--but she has her moments too. :heart4:  What quirks do your kitties have?
Let's see..... Loki likes to jump into the refrigerator whenever we open it and scream at me for a treat.

Chirp is pretty calm until it's time to go to bed. Then he'll hide in the screened in patio, so we can't bring him in.

Autumn likes to snuggle and purr and is a pure sweetheart until bed time. Then she wants to play. She'll attack our feet, hands and legs under the covers. If we close the closet door, she'll wait until around 3 am to start pawing it and wake us up.

Seamus likes to annoy everyone and lay on anything you place on anything. If it doesn't belong there, he'll lay on it. He also runs ahead of me anytime I head to the bathroom and sit in front of the toilet. I can't figure that one out.

Munchkin likes to lay in wait and attack any of the other cats. Then she'll run away as fast as she can and hide. Then she'll attack and run again.

Then my sweet little Ivy likes to cuddle on my arm and chest at night and purr purr purr. It's so sweet. The only problem with that is, she gets up about 4 or 5 times a night. Everytime she comes back to lay with me she has to enter the bed from the bottom of my husbands side, walk all the way up his body, jump onto my belly, jump onto the nightstand next to me, then finally lay down with me. And she's talking the whole time!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today was the first day of the company's new 6 week de-stress / mindfulness workshop
It was fun even though it was mostly an orientation thing. Besides workshop organizer, I only knew one other participant because she's in my lab and I briefly met one other person when she joined a few of us for lunch one day. The workshop was planning on maybe 10 participants but I guess close to 25 people signed up
The workshop probably won't be a big as the one at Google but if there's continued interest the workshop could expand in numerous ways.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What a gorgeous kitty crew @Rhondalee.   I love that photo of Saemus on the grass.  

I noticed the recent link and mention for a kitten in disress thead, and also went to take a look and post there.  However, I'd like to remind everyone that the best way to draw team attention to any thread and get the help required is to use the little red flag.   There is round the clock team looking at everything that gets flagged, and if necessary we can check who is around on site and seek the necessary help.  This can be faster than using @mentions or telling others about it in a thread.  

I didn't realize you can use the reg flag for that.  It's never been mentioned by the mods - all those PMs I've received. 
   I know I'm not supposed to use the @ symbol but catwoman707 knows more about odd illnesses and she is working nights and not on as much.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm....I'm wondering if this is still going on!? So I will babble a bit and see.  We had a tech call to the house today and I had to move Sahra from her post by the refrigerator.  She loves it there.  She spends a lot of her time there.  Maybe she thinks some cold chicken will appear from within, or something, even though that does not happen here.  Anyway, the tech call was good, quick, painless, pleasant, and solved our problems.  And Sahra is none the wiser 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Floey lost 16 ounces since her last appointment. They gave her fluids, cerenia, pepcid and sent home with gabepentin or however its spelled. xrays inconclusive. Floey feels crappy.

vet was very godd. Floey had quite a bit of discomfort in stomach=we dont know if it is:: kidney disease, GI tract inflammation, lymphoma, cancer or pancreatitis. She didnt see any nodules on xray and wants ultra done next week. she thinks the heat and heart/kidney disease is affecting the stomach. she said she will give me script for all the meds. she wants floey to come back if meds dont work. she said we can try injection of steroids if nothing else works. She knows floey is NOT pillable. She thinks once the pain resolves then she will eat.

teeth look really good=she said the mouth looks like a 3 yr old kitty. only faint tarter. said no dental needed. she said if i can brush her teeth then it may help but she didnt see anything in the mouth.

so she ate a few bites as soon as we got home. then strolled outside for 10 min then played in her water dish on the porch. she is in the window now. I moved some boxes to make it easier for her to get up and down. She is peeing normally and left some nuggets during the afternoon. Poor cat. I hope this weight loss stops soon. I am so scared of what will i do if I can't stop this? But I know it's out of my control.

As far as job interviews=I have not had to do more than 3. I hate them. I stutter and always have to pee and sweat like a pig. I prefer writing up an essay over face to face foolishness.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see..... Loki likes to jump into the refrigerator whenever we open it and scream at me for a treat.

Chirp is pretty calm until it's time to go to bed. Then he'll hide in the screened in patio, so we can't bring him in.

Autumn likes to snuggle and purr and is a pure sweetheart until bed time. Then she wants to play. She'll attack our feet, hands and legs under the covers. If we close the closet door, she'll wait until around 3 am to start pawing it and wake us up.

Seamus likes to annoy everyone and lay on anything you place on anything. If it doesn't belong there, he'll lay on it. He also runs ahead of me anytime I head to the bathroom and sit in front of the toilet. I can't figure that one out.

Munchkin likes to lay in wait and attack any of the other cats. Then she'll run away as fast as she can and hide. Then she'll attack and run again.

Then my sweet little Ivy likes to cuddle on my arm and chest at night and purr purr purr. It's so sweet. The only problem with that is, she gets up about 4 or 5 times a night. Everytime she comes back to lay with me she has to enter the bed from the bottom of my husbands side, walk all the way up his body, jump onto my belly, jump onto the nightstand next to me, then finally lay down with me. And she's talking the whole time!
They all sound so adorable! 
 When the kittens started growing (they were originally going to be adopted out as soon as they were weaned--and see how that went) AWM was surprised that they each had distinctive personalities. Me--not so much. True, Rose was the first cat I've lived with, but I've had dogs, birds, and turtles. Each and every single time the animals had distinctive personalities. Zena (our first dog) was nothing  like Goku, who was still different from Merlin and different still from--you get the idea. So--I was expecting them to all have different personalities. 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is one very pretty kitty @NewYork1303,  I hope she isn't at the shelter for long and someone gives her a safe and loving home to take over.  
She won't be at the shelter much longer. I submitted the paperwork to adopt her today! 
 It broke my heart leaving her yesterday and when I told my husband, he said we should bring her home. Now I just have to wait for the adoption person (who is also my volunteer coordinator) to approve it. 

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

Floey lost 16 ounces since her last appointment. They gave her fluids, cerenia, pepcid and sent home with gabepentin or however its spelled. xrays inconclusive. Floey feels crappy.

vet was very godd. Floey had quite a bit of discomfort in stomach=we dont know if it is:: kidney disease, GI tract inflammation, lymphoma, cancer or pancreatitis. She didnt see any nodules on xray and wants ultra done next week. she thinks the heat and heart/kidney disease is affecting the stomach. she said she will give me script for all the meds. she wants floey to come back if meds dont work. she said we can try injection of steroids if nothing else works. She knows floey is NOT pillable. She thinks once the pain resolves then she will eat.

teeth look really good=she said the mouth looks like a 3 yr old kitty. only faint tarter. said no dental needed. she said if i can brush her teeth then it may help but she didnt see anything in the mouth.

so she ate a few bites as soon as we got home. then strolled outside for 10 min then played in her water dish on the porch. she is in the window now. I moved some boxes to make it easier for her to get up and down. She is peeing normally and left some nuggets during the afternoon. Poor cat. I hope this weight loss stops soon. I am so scared of what will i do if I can't stop this? But I know it's out of my control.

As far as job interviews=I have not had to do more than 3. I hate them. I stutter and always have to pee and sweat like a pig. I prefer writing up an essay over face to face foolishness.
Just wanted you to know I read you post. It's so hard when they're sick and you can't figure out why. Hopefully this is a heat thing.

whatsername85

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, sorry about the silence I've been trying to catch up on everyone's posts since I went to Dallas over the weekend and just haven't had time to say anything yet. Super happy for you @newYork1303 she will have a great home! Sammy went in to get fixed today, I picked him up 4 hours ago he had one undescended testicle so he has two incisions he got a microchip and his boosters. He's not happy, I'm having him sleep in the kennel downstairs for a few nights because the kennel won't fit in my bedroom at least until he feels better his food is put up someplace high and he jumps into my bed at night he's not supposed to jump so he has to sleep elsewhere. He really won't be happy about that but I have music on my iPod for him from when I first brought him home. I'm debating on having him sleep in the bathroom again though because he climbs the kennel sides but I'm not sure which to do. 7 to 10 days to heal I have a feeling he won't make it easy.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

She won't be at the shelter much longer. I submitted the paperwork to adopt her today! 
 It broke my heart leaving her yesterday and when I told my husband, he said we should bring her home. Now I just have to wait for the adoption person (who is also my volunteer coordinator) to approve it. 
We are who we are and sometimes an animal speaks to us. Congratulations on your upcoming adoption.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat , I hope it is just the heat too. Poor girl.

It is really hot and humid tonight, and it is just gonna get worse as the week progresses. Thursday afternoon through Friday are gonna be awful. I HATE summer, bring on autumn!

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, sorry about the silence I've been trying to catch up on everyone's posts since I went to Dallas over the weekend and just haven't had time to say anything yet. Super happy for you @newYork1303 she will have a great home! Sammy went in to get fixed today, I picked him up 4 hours ago he had one undescended testicle so he has two incisions he got a microchip and his boosters. He's not happy, I'm having him sleep in the kennel downstairs for a few nights because the kennel won't fit in my bedroom at least until he feels better his food is put up someplace high and he jumps into my bed at night he's not supposed to jump so he has to sleep elsewhere. He really won't be happy about that but I have music on my iPod for him from when I first brought him home. I'm debating on having him sleep in the bathroom again though because he climbs the kennel sides but I'm not sure which to do. 7 to 10 days to heal I have a feeling he won't make it easy.
Those first few days after the surgery are awful for both the cat and the cat parent. He should perk up soon though!

Congratulations! I'm sure she'll be a great companion for Carrot and Angua! 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Those first few days after the surgery are awful for both the cat and the cat parent. He should perk up soon though!

Congratulations! I'm sure she'll be a great companion for Carrot and Angua! 
Hope so. Have to work out all of the logistics still. See if the adoption coordinator believes that it is a good fit. I'm going to have to talk to her about it tomorrow. She has a stomach ulcer and needs to rest and relax. 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hope so. Have to work out all of the logistics still. See if the adoption coordinator believes that it is a good fit. I'm going to have to talk to her about it tomorrow. She has a stomach ulcer and needs to rest and relax. 
I don't think anyone here is really surprised that you decided to adopt this beauty.  I hope they let you have her, I can't imagine why they wouldn't approve the adoption.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you for the information. The truth is I have no clue on the working of the inner sanctums of TheCatSite. I have flagged several posts/threads and admit to posting a link here. Simply because it gets so much traffic. I think there is that moment of panic when you feel helpless and just want to help.

I hate this time of night. We turn the AC off and open the windows. The desert almost always cools to 60 or below here this time of year. On cloud covered nights it might stay at 72. Without fail the temperature rises for an hour and then you can feel it cooling off. It's not unusual to wake up and find that sometime during the night I've reached out and turned the electric blanket on. And just when you feel like you should have left the AC going for another hour the breeze starts and you have that wonderful peace and quiet. So I'll stay up for hours enjoying that almost out in the desert without the worry of bugs and snakes the cats will park on the shelves and enjoy all the night critters and sounds. We have a lot of birds that sing all night. Until tomorrow around 9-10AM when you can feel the heat starting to take over and you close everything up pull the drapes and live inside.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I am relatively new to this page and I absolutely LOVE it! Love the fun giveaways and the community is awesome! Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.