Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah we clean ours out every tue nite. trash day at 8am wed. I tossed some produce and yogurt that his truly wouldn't chop up and eat etc. I should weed the garden when I get home but I suspect I will read instead.
I clean mine out when ever we buy groceries. Nothing new goes in until we sort any food already in there.  The most common offender is my husband and that sandwich, salad , pick your vice that he planned on eating later but never did.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
My refrigerator is worse than usual.  This week I was sick when I got my groceries and ended up just putting all the bags of cold stuff in the refrigerator without unpacking them.  

I've just been in a foul mood all day thanks to this business about my ex-'s pension still not being resolved.  This yo-yo business of good news versus bad news is really getting to me.
  My ex actually had to get legal help to get survivor benefits taken out for his new wife.  I keep telling myself that I am lucky to have a pension to squabble about - those things are going the way of the dinosaur.  

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah. Mine isn't much better I'm afraid. 

Rambling in another direction though... 

Henry got in trouble with her majesty Queen Lilith the other day. They were all being fussy with supper (my life 
) so I went and got the big bag of Pure Bites and crumbled some on each dish with her highness supervising. Henry made the mistake of trying to eat before Lily had a chance to inspect each (identical) dish and choose one. He was quickly put back in his place. He got a yowl, a hiss and a nice slap across the face. She was hopping mad. The tail was swishing around and he got THE LOOK. He backed down immediately and once she was settled in and eating, he carefully chose a dish and started to eat. She glared at him in between bites. 

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
We need refrigerators that are wider but shallower so that stuff doesn't get lost in the back. The ones with the freezer at the bottom are a lot of help as everything is at eye level but still. When my landlord had to get a new fridge he was so cheap he put another of those with the freezer on top in here so I have to bend just to get anything out of the fridge part and it is a pain to clean. At least I do clean up everything that gets spilled immediately and I hardly ever have anything that spoils so I don't have to clean the fridge but every once in a while. It's one of my least favorite chores.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have to feed Kiwi away from Zazzie and Tesla- otherwise Zazzie and Tesla will eat all of her food. Zazzie and Tesla seem to like to eat from one bowl then switch to another bowl (that has the exact same food in it). So we feed Kiwi across the room from them and keep an eye on them to make sure they don't come over and steal her food. None of them have food agression problems, its just like Kiwi is a pushover or something (she seems like the Beta of the group) and will just let them eat her food.

bootse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
handsome kitty handsome kitty hey Handsome Kitty wish you well getting your job too. You seem to be pretty good at tcs and you helped before. Do you know how to get a short video to tcs by the photo part of your cell every time I try and go into photos the Videos are gone

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Yeah. Mine isn't much better I'm afraid. 

Rambling in another direction though... 

Henry got in trouble with her majesty Queen Lilith the other day. They were all being fussy with supper (my life 
) so I went and got the big bag of Pure Bites and crumbled some on each dish with her highness supervising. Henry made the mistake of trying to eat before Lily had a chance to inspect each (identical) dish and choose one. He was quickly put back in his place. He got a yowl, a hiss and a nice slap across the face. She was hopping mad. The tail was swishing around and he got THE LOOK. He backed down immediately and once she was settled in and eating, he carefully chose a dish and started to eat. She glared at him in between bites. 
Lilith is royalty through and through. Such a diva!
  Poor Henry.  
  He's really a sweet boy. 

We need refrigerators that are wider but shallower so that stuff doesn't get lost in the back. The ones with the freezer at the bottom are a lot of help as everything is at eye level but still. When my landlord had to get a new fridge he was so cheap he put another of those with the freezer on top in here so I have to bend just to get anything out of the fridge part and it is a pain to clean. At least I do clean up everything that gets spilled immediately and I hardly ever have anything that spoils so I don't have to clean the fridge but every once in a while. It's one of my least favorite chores.
Good idea.  I've got one of those cheap freezer at the top deals, too and they are a total pain to clean out.  

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Poor Henry.  
  He's really a sweet boy. 

Good idea.  I've got one of those cheap freezer at the top deals, too and they are a total pain to clean out.  
And the older we get the harder it is to get down on our knees to do it. And once we are down there we can't get up.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We certainly do. Just about everything in my fridge is on the first six inches of the shelf. I wish they would get rid of those fruit and veggie drawers, too. It's too easy to forget something in there. I put most veggies on the bottom shelf so I don't lose track of them, and that means my fridge space is about reduced to half.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We certainly do. Just about everything in my fridge is on the first six inches of the shelf. I wish they would get rid of those fruit and veggie drawers, too. It's too easy to forget something in there. I put most veggies on the bottom shelf so I don't lose track of them, and that means my fridge space is about reduced to half.
My fridge is all clear plastic including the crispers at the bottom so I can see everything but I know what you mean. It's the depth of the fridge that bothers me the most. Even those that have the freezer on the bottom can have you loose stuff at the back. If you put tall stuff in the back so that you can see it  you then have to reach across the stuff in front to get to that which is in the back and maybe knock things down. The only solution (so far) is to put freezer baskets into the fridge so you can just pull one basket out to get to the back but these baskets waste space. They tried to solve the problem with pull-out shelves but that does not work either: some stuff is too heavy to pull out the whole shelf and you  can't pull it out enough to get to the stuff in the back anyway.

The best solution is to make the depth of the fridge shallower, make french doors with shelves in them to equal the fridge depth. That way you don't loose space, the whole appliance is no shallower than the original ones and you don't lose stuff. HOWEVER, you will then have people complain that they can't put a whole turkey in there to thaw or a whole sheet cake. This could also be solved by having the door shelves not molded plastic but the same kind of shelves as the body of the fridge so that the door shelves match up with the body shelves and then the item on the body shelf can also rest on part of the door shelf. Somebody will complain about that also claiming that these big items will fall down before you can close the door. Hey, maybe I should submit my ideas to one of the big appliance companies.  

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Poor Henry.  
  He's really a sweet boy. 

He really is a true gentleman. She is a diva but it all depends on her mood. About a week ago after I gave them dinner, she was eating and he decided to eat from the same dish as her. She didn't bat an eyelash. That's a diva for you though. They really do make all the rules as they go along. While they were sharing the dish, I praised her and told her what a good friend she is. She looked at me like I was nuts. 

They really keep you on your toes. 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@bootse   I've never posted a video.  Some people put them up on YouTube and post the link.  Or you can use the filmstrip icon next to the picture icon at the top of the reply box.

have you read this

[article="24985"]Image And Video Tutorial​[/article]  

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Breaks my heart, all the sick kitties here.  My prayers, beemz, good vibes headed out your way

Those seeking jobs...my the job you never dared dream of come your way!

I am getting new glasses!  Medicaid finally approved it, due to my diabetes!  Who'da thunk I'd be grateful to this dratted disease?  Life is passing strange.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Laughing at everyones' fridge tales.  Mine could to with a quick wipe out but other than the freezer compartment it's not bad - but only because it's pretty much empty other than the bottles and jars in the door shelving.  

The freezer's stuffed full with ready meal stuff I've got from work (most space being taken up by a large 6 portion ready to bake sticky toffee pudding 

I was MADE to bring home by the manager) .  
   When I had lodgers the fridge was packed full but I'm really bad at buying fresh stuff.  

@Mamanyt1953  Sometimes you have to dig down and find the positives, it's the only thing that keeps you going. Free glasses is good - I need to get my eyes tested and replace the glasses I have but been putting it off over a year now because there's always something else needs the money. 

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Mamanyt1953   There are newborn kitten pictures in the Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care forum.

Still waiting to hear back from the insurance people.  I did find out that the bills they are not paying are from 'out of network' doctors and facilities.  Shouldn't they have mentioned that before they worked on me?  It was the same doctor who put the filter in but the hospital where he did it was 'in network' so it was covered.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Laughing at everyones' fridge tales.  Mine could to with a quick wipe out but other than the freezer compartment it's not bad - but only because it's pretty much empty other than the bottles and jars in the door shelving.  

The freezer's stuffed full with ready meal stuff I've got from work (most space being taken up by a large 6 portion ready to bake sticky toffee pudding 

I was MADE to bring home by the manager) .  
   When I had lodgers the fridge was packed full but I'm really bad at buying fresh stuff.  

@Mamanyt1953  Sometimes you have to dig down and find the positives, it's the only thing that keeps you going. Free glasses is good - I need to get my eyes tested and replace the glasses I have but been putting it off over a year now because there's always something else needs the money. 
I will probably have to pay for the glasses, but having the exam done for free will give me the extra to be able to do that!  I'm so thankful!
@Mamanyt1953   There are newborn kitten pictures in the Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care forum.

Still waiting to hear back from the insurance people.  I did find out that the bills they are not paying are from 'out of network' doctors and facilities.  Shouldn't they have mentioned that before they worked on me?  It was the same doctor who put the filter in but the hospital where he did it was 'in network' so it was covered.
I'll have to go look tomorrow.  SOMEONE just informed me that if I don't swing Da Stick so she can chase Da Bird RIGHT NOW, there will be mutiny!

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been in the market for a new refrigerator and there are new ones out that are designed to be flush with your cabinets. They would save you from losing items in it, but they don't hold much.

I need all the room I can get in a refrigerator, but my kitchen is too small for anything larger than what I have. I cook alot, and we don't buy any premade foods, so everything is made from scratch, which takes up a lot of room. I need one that is all refrigerator space and no freezer. I have a deep freezer already.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I'm lucky:  Mostly what I have in the freezer, pre-made, is breakages stuff which can't get sold.  A few bags of frozen veg' added in for good measure.  I do like cooking but hate washing up the dishes that result from it, and been really bad about bothering to do stuff lately.  Also, I tend to prefer cold food, esp in summer so I end up making smoothies with the packs of vegetables in the freezer.    It's a small, under worktop fridge I have, with a small freezer in the top of it which is like one drawer because my kitchen is too small for anything else.   Small but well designed to it's good for cooking when the notion does take me.  

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.