Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still mixing 4 or 5 different types of dry food together for my cats.  I like that some brands now have a ziploc closure on the cat food bags.  I currently have a mix of grain free and reg healthy cat food.  I am tempted to add a little of the Iams that is shaped like a cats head.  Total junk food when you read the label but it was always the first gone from the dish.  I make sure I have a variety of flavors.  i just added duck flavor to the mix.  I've just been rolling down the top of the bag and sealing with a clothes pin.  It's not that humid here I guess.

Eclipse likes ham lunch meat.  I put a slice in my scrambled eggs and if he comes looking for some I say 'Ham for the Handsomest'  Fluffy doesn't like my current brand.  I just put pieces on a paper towel and put it on the floor of the kitchen.  Sometimes he wants more and will sit and look at me, other times he is impatient and will claw my but.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
We used to do that=I kept one of the catlitter containers that you fill from Petco=its lid fits tight. We used to mix 4 kinds together and put in bag then inside another trash bag but when I get down to last liter or so they snubbed it. Maybe I will just keep the ziplocks in that airtight container. These cats!!

Got the AC crankin. Dancing to Madonna Confessions on a Dancefloor. I am a nut. I love house/club music just as much as I love classic rock

bootse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's a very worthwhile thing to do.  I remember when I posted my first request for help, no one answered for three weeks.  i felt pretty awful and kept pouring over what I'd written to see if I'd written something so stupid that no one wanted to set me straight. :anon:   Then I finally got about five answers and I had enough courage to post again.  Now I search out Unanswered Posts as well though I'm not always on the ball as much as I should be.  

If you google Black and White Siamese Cats you will see my BOOTSE the Vet signed that is her Breed and I have no reason to disbelieve my cat is not a Tuxedo although they do look Similar and All Cats are Beautiful

How is our main man Grizzly?   Do you have any recent photos for us to admire?  
I

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Loki will take down anything or anyone who gets in his way when we have ham at any meal. He's relentless with the head butting, and yowling. He'll jump on the table and snatch it right off your plate. It's the only thing he does that for. So whenever we have ham, we eat in the TV room and shut the door.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I know whats wrong with Floey-I suspect a bit of constipation acting up. I didnt get her to eat but I syringed her some water and Miralax since she hasn't eaten her food with miralax in a couple of days... I called the vet asking to get an injection of Cerenia but they couldn't because they haven't seen the cat-so tomorrow we see her reg vet and hopefully she will send me home with acouple of injections. My old vet in Durham NH did this for me all the time. Especially for Honeybee's URI she was known to get. The Cerenia really works!

They told me to dissolve the pepcid in water and syringe it-I told them isnt it bitter? They said to put it in tuna water. Umm no. She fights me enough as it is. I will wait until the sun goes down and ply her with some new food I just bought that she turned her nose up at. CATS!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am bummed out! 

I am broiled some chicken late this afternoon. I heard a loud bang, thought the building shook a bit. I put the dirty raw chicken dish in the sink with the dirty fork. I was going to add some more things to the sink also.

I went to run the hot water----slow trickle!! I tried the cold water-same thing!!! 

I quickly looked under the sink to see if there was a leak..no..

When to the other sinks to try--same thing!!!!

I went on the city's page and saw that there was a auto accident across the street which took down a fire hydrant!!! OMG!!!  

Water was flooding the street.. Stupid kid was racing down the mini-highway. He lost control and hit the hydrant!! 

This is a bad stretch of road. There is a small hill down the road a bit, and idiots speed along this long 2 lane mini-highway!! About 8 years ago, one of the tenants here got hit crossing the road to the bus stop!! The only time I cross this street is when I used to have to take the bus to work..

With that amount of damage, Who knows when the water will come back on?

Glad I am stocked with lots of water. Spring water, just filled up the Brita pitcher, distilled water and some water bottles out on the balcony which I use to water the plants. 

If it is out until tomorrow, Artie will just have to eat out of paper plates..that will not go over well..and I will have to go to either my friend's apartment to take a shower or to my cousin's house, in another city. I will take a few dishes with me to wash also. 

Good thing I finished cooking the chicken. I made the salad early this morning. I took out my largest paper plate to eat it on. I will have to use plastic silverware later.. and a hot cup for my tea...

No estimate on when to expect the water to return!!  

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   That's a long time without water when you're used to having it, and no warning.   Ours went out for a couple of days last year due to a burst main:  the water provider had supplies of bottled water in place at a number of sites across the affected area within about 4 hours.  It was hard to carry enough for one person use never mind a household full of people though, and certaibly not enough to keep a toilet clean.  

Loads of positive vibes for tomorrow @Raina21  , a friend of mine is waiting for a date for surgery on her face after a test she had earlier in the year came back with results needing action.  

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
kittens mom kittens mom , I've been wanting to adopt some seniors, so can't slap you without slapping myself! There is one in particular at the shelter I volunteer at. Which I've not been to since the 4th since getting there during the volunteer hours is so difficult, and it has been SO hot out (so spending an hour or more in rush hour traffic is less than appealing). But this little guy, I swear, he really makes me swoon. Little orange guy, not all in-your-face (like the other one I'd love to bring home - I know, irony) but obviously pining for attention. He's just such a sweetheart. Dang, I miss my seniors.

Of all the jobs I've applied to, I hear back from one that I wasn't THAT particularly keen on after the fact. Ah well. So many conflicting thoughts in my head right now about things.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Called the vet to ask about an injection of Cerenia for Floey. They won't do it without exam even though I've got her seen by three vets. They told me to dissolve pepcid in water and mix with tuna water. I added babyfood. She growled but did swallow the mixture. Let's hope in an hour she will be eating out of her dish.

We go to see her regular vet tomorrow. I will ask my vet to enter a note into Floeys file to ok additional injections of meds she already had before.

Its muggy out and the ac is cold. I had to shut it off. Too cold. Will turn it on in half hour. Pumpkin face and honeybee are walking around in the back yard.
Floey is laying down on that wicker table shelf.
View media item 362451

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
@foxxycat    Very strange.. or is it my computer?? 

You post showed up but not the picture, until I quoted you here. 

Told you it is a strange day.. or my computer???

Yes, The AC got to me during the night and this morning. I could not warm up. 

Still feeling cold with the AC, and it is set on 75 degrees...

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe she just wants to see the space you own. (I think; in our house the cats aren't allowed on the counter and know I will swat them off--which makes them even more  certain I'm hiding something tasty up there!)
Our cats are allowed to be on the counter, but they're moved if they try to play with knives, go too close to the stove, or lick the butter. 

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo isn't allowed on the kitchen or dining room tables or counters, and he knows it. If he sees me coming, he crouches down and when I say, "Get down!" he hops off. Don't ask me how I trained him, because I didn't. He came knowing they were off limits.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't walk today.  I spent most of it working on paperwork for a job application.  I put my resume up on Monster.com and I keep getting offers from Insurance/finance companies to train and become an agent.  I also received a call from a staffing company who is looking for people for a production line at Tesla.  I have an interview tomorrow.  I still need to find my birth certificate.  It's not the job I really want.  That one is for an accounting clerk in San Leandro where the Ghiridelli factory store is located.    I feel brain dead.  I took time for lunch - yummy chili made with ground beef and Italian sausage, and time out to walk Eclipse.  Can't believe I spent so much time with paperwork for a job I'm not sure I want.  I did not fill out the direct deposit page.  They don't need that info yet.  I still need one more professional reference. 

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
@Kittens Mom, I've been wanting to adopt some seniors, so can't slap you without slapping myself! There is one in particular at the shelter I volunteer at. Which I've not been to since the 4th since getting there during the volunteer hours is so difficult, and it has been SO hot out (so spending an hour or more in rush hour traffic is less than appealing). But this little guy, I swear, he really makes me swoon. Little orange guy, not all in-your-face (like the other one I'd love to bring home - I know, irony) but obviously pining for attention. He's just such a sweetheart. Dang, I miss my seniors.

Of all the jobs I've applied to, I hear back from one that I wasn't THAT particularly keen on after the fact. Ah well. So many conflicting thoughts in my head right now about things.
Well I have the reality of Mercy's surgery , The thousand spent on Mook for blood work to make me feel better and her dental. We have paid off all of Kitten's vet bills  As much as I want to I think financially we just need to show some restraint. 

If the right cat comes along then I'm sure we'll bend with our hearts instead of common sense and budgets.

I'm sure that you will find your place.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Everytime I go to the shelter, I come home wishing I could bring home every cat. Im really affraid that if my husband set me loose, I would be a cat hoarder. You'd all see me on the buried alive hoarding show, someday. They are all so darn cute.

Last edited:

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is  adorable! 

Everytime I go to the shelter, I come home wis hung I could bring home every cat. Im really affraid that if my husband set me loose, I would be a cat hoarder. You'd all see me on the buried alive hoarding show, someday. They are all so darn cute.
They are all cute. How many cats do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.