kitten stuck in cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you have access to honey alginate wound dressing? If so you could apply a smearbif this every 12 hours out a dry sterile dressing over it, wrap it with sports wrap flexible bandage and I think that little hole could heal right up. We do this in the icu with these kinds of wounds.
no i dont...and ihave no idea what it is.....dnt know if this is available in my country...

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How is she doing? What's your kitty's name by the way?
her name is "oubi".....she's fine...smtimes she run out of the house to play outside....i get really tired running after her.....anyway the wound is healing slowly the skin is still sensitive...and the hole is same...the intestine smtmes pop out...im applying medecines as usual

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
It can be very difficult keeping a cat inside when they are used to being free, but you are right to go after her and bring her back in.  It feels mean but too much movement, or dirt from outside could make her very sick still.  How is she with you applyling the medicine?

Oubi is a cute name. 

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

her name is "oubi".....she's fine...smtimes she run out of the house to play outside....i get really tired running after her.....anyway the wound is healing slowly the skin is still sensitive...and the hole is same...the intestine smtmes pop out...im applying medecines as usual
That is a cute name for a pretty kitty. You say the hole is the same, is it any smaller?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would guess that she needs to restrengthen the muscles that hold her organs in place, which should happen over time.

Please keep her inside while she continues to heal!  You really don't want anything getting on that area.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been watching this thread.

The hole, in addition to the entire area ; looks so much better!!

You are doing a great job at taking care of Oubi.

I will agree with the others; You still need to keep her confined, in the house, and quiet. You would not want to tempt fate and possibly making the hole enlarge again. 

Please keep her indoors. The wound is still open completely, to her insides. She needs to keep it clean so that it does not get re-infected. 

I am not a vet, but I do agree that once the area is covered with skin, and it thickens, she can then regain more muscle tone. 

It will take a while, not overnight; so she will have to be watched for a while. 

Just do not think that once it looks healed, it is ok to let her go.....she will still be in a very delicate situation...

((hugs))) for doing all you have done for her...

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank u so much...my problem is hw many days will it takes for the intestines to take its place or will it remain like that...plzz tell me

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with @sarthur2. I was afraid for her and you before but you are doing an excellent job taking care of her.

I know it's time consuming and a lot of hard work but you will have wonderful rewards from all your hard work. Once she is completely healed she will be able to work her muscles so her gut should get back in shape. Surgeries take a lot out of you (cats) and it takes time for them to get themselves back together. It will take lots of patience, love and time but you have gotten past the worst part. The rest will be easier.

You will be blessed for all you have done for her.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
aash,

It has been a while since we have heard from you. How is Oubi doing?

any updates..

thanks...we are all thinking about you guys..and wishing the best..

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey guys my cat intestine had little blood....as i told u smtimes the intestine pops out n i saw sme blood..why??

plzz help!!

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you need to get her back to the vet. The last one you went to seemed somewhat competent. Can you give them a call? How much blood is there? Is it coming from the wound? Has her wound closed up any more?

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
the vet refused 2 c the cat...but right nw no blood is coming out...the wound is taking time to closed...there's only a small hole..n the blood was a bit only nt in abundance....i think sme places of her intestines are light pink n sme red n when the red 1 came out it had blood bt wen i c the pink 1 its clear(i hp u can understand wat im sayng cntt describe mre than that cant find words 2 describe it)...she's ok 4 the moment...still applying medecines on that hole....there's only that hole that needs to heal nw otherwise her wound(the line cut)is closed...i have removed sme of the thread myself as it started to come out the skin...

Last edited:

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am just shocked by that....I've never ever heard of a vet refusing to treat a cat! I feel like I should hug you right now, you are such a champion. 

If it was just a small amount of blood it's possible she strained herself and tore the wound a little bit. Is the hole getting smaller?

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes it is....if this happens again...i'll try to find another vet if i can...hp 4 the best!!!!

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I'm relieved to hear the wound is closing. You're doing an amazing job against really big obstacles. I'd suggest looking for another (better) vet now while she's relatively stable, that way you know where to go something does become an emergency.

Maybe we can help you find a better, more reputable vet near you? I'm pretty good at Google Sleuthing.