kitten stuck in cat

stormy bledsoe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If her intestines come out again, you need a sterilized piece of cloth, flannel is good. Wearing gloves, place the intestines on her abdomen[DO NOT PUT THEM BACK INSIDE HER! You may  end up twisting something that shouldn't be twisted and ultimately it could kill her]. Place the sterilized cloth over the intestines and tape the edges of the cloth down and get her to a vet immediately. If at all possible, have a friend drive you,, you will need to hold her to prevent her from removing the bandage.

She needs a cone on to prevent her from licking her wound.

Take her to a pet hospital and insist they do surgery. Do NOT leave without her being seen. Take her to an animal hospital NOW. I don't care if your vet won't see her, make him see her. She needed medical attention yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well they may be already twisted because poor Aash had to put them back in and her poor mamma kitty had to withstand the pain. Aash you are brave and a good person to be there to help this kitty and not abandon her!!! Still hoping a vet will rescue you both!!!

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
How is the poor kitty doing??
I do hope she gets to a vet soon.
I can't understand why a vet will not help you. So sad. Poor kitty!
I hope she will be okay.

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Same here....I'm dumbfounded that a vet would refuse care. Let a vet try and refuse care when one of my babies is in critical condition!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey guys...my cat is nt well at all...i took her to another vet...and he told me that everything inside her has started infecting...my vet hadnt dne her work properly...the new vet told me that the place my vet had dne the cesarian was nt appropriate...she had nt dne it where her nipples are found(hp u understand cant describe well sory for that) but on her side..and thats nt a gud thng...nw her tissues are dead...I think 4 TIMES my cat had been sewed even today had to take her again asher wound had reopened....i really dnt knw wat to do...ive dne every possible that icould but nothing is being gud...im so helpless ive to c my cat suffering like that.....the told me that the time she is moving her legs her thread inside her opens and her intestines cmes out...he told me i have to caged her for atleast 10 days and give her mst antibiotics...plz guys sme advice what i can do to help my cat frm my side coz the vet toldme that he hasno guarantee that everythng will b ok or nt.....my cat is in recovery nw dnt knw what will hapen next...i think mt cat is gonna die :((((((

Last edited:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about all of this. I know you love your cat and want to do everything possible but she is in dire pain from all of this and the infection will cause even more stress. I know it's a difficult decision and you may not want to think about it but maybe it's time to let her go and have her humanely euthanized. This just breaks my heart suggesting this because I don't think it's something I could do either, but I also wouldn't want my precious cat to suffer.  

She knows you love her and would do everything for her but the best thing for her now is to let her go.

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
when iread this i started crying this is smthng so painful....i really dnt knw wat to do..

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

My heart is breaking for you.
Mine too.  Your situation sounds so hard, I can't imagine what it is like for you.

Your cat sounds very sick but it is great that you were able to find another vet who could see her and who has tried to help her some more.   

I don't know what the best thing for your cat is, and I can tell you love her very much.  My feeling would be to follow the advice of this vet if you can - to ask to talk with them when you go to pick your cat up from them.  Before you do this, think whether you have any way to provide the size crate your vet said, for her to stay in so she can not move about too much and for you to say with her and check she is alright.  When you see the vet ask them what they think about her health and how much pain she is in, and also how well she is likely to recover:  it is important to know if they think she will recover well and not be left with lots of health problems or pain from this.   I am sure if it was me I would want to keep my cat with me, and no one wants to make the decision to be parted, but sometimes you have to do this if the cat is going to be in too much pain.

Please, please let us know how things go for you both.  

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This has been a horrifying ordeal for your kitty and for you. I am glad she is now under the care of a better doctor and really really hope she pulls through. Please cut off all ties with your original vet and don't use them again. From what you are describing your vet is not properly trained and may not even be licensed to operate as a veterinarian.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there an update for your cat aash aash Please post when you can as folks here have been following your ordeal. I do hope some healing is happening. :nod:

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ya..thank u for the concern....she's at home i have build a home for her but she broke thehouse....the vet told me that she shudnt walk 2 much...but my cat is nt doing so.... its very difficult to handle her...i hp she gets well soon....because ofthe infectious  the wound may nt heal quickly...its the 5th time her wound was sewed...i really hp that this doesnt occur again....n the wound dries fast..plz pray for her...tomorrow i have to take her for check up again

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I thought you were supposed to keep her in a cat carrier for several days?

Are the antibiotics helping her heal? Which antibiotic is she on?

Last edited:

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i dnt knw if this is available where i live...the vet hasnt given me other ideas...he told me to keep her in a box and make sme hole...oh gawwd my cat tore the box and made a big hole ...i was so shocked!!!

anyway she keeps sleeping and she gets up only when she is hungry or go for toilet or when she feels hot....i keep an eye on her wen she is nt in front of me...right nw she's sleeping in my room in the house i built fr her....so its a bit relief fr me..as all my time are spent with my cats...i hv another female (stray) cat she jst had gven brth with 4 kittens and i have 1 mre male cat which is 5 mnths old...so iget tired only looking after them..and that's my routine!! and ya she's taking amoxidin(amoxicillin and clavulanic)

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Very difficult keeping a cat in a smallish box for any length of time, and yes, they will  claw and chew to get through cardboard.  See if you can find anyone with a wire crate for keeping small dogs in - that would be more suitable.  If it has been used by another animal it will be important to clean it down with a safe bleach solution and dry thoroughly before putting your cat in though.  She would need a litter tray and food and water in there with her, with the litter as far as possible from the food and water.

You are doing everything you can, I really hope you can get her back to good health.