kitten stuck in cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ya absolutely i do...thank u...n still my cat is nt well...her wound is nt healing....i think her skin are like dead it's nt able to hold the threads...i hp u understand what im tryng to say....plz can u suggest sme medecines that i can apply on her so that it heals faster....im applying betadine, fucicort and cicatrin bt it's nt healing fast i dnt knw hw many days it shud havehealed bt nothng seems to work i really hp the thread inside her is nt open...there is a hole onher wound nt too big n nt too small...im scared if it reopens again...dnt knw what to do...will the vet have to sew her again...? its so painful...i hp i can take her later to the vet...as the vet works on other place....plz help me ...and thank u all for  ur support.....

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you post a picture of your cat and her side that needs to heal? It would help us to see what is going on.

Is your cat wearing a cone-shaped collar around her neck to keep her from licking her side?

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes if you can post pictures maybe we can provide you some words to help. You are such a good person to be taking care of this mama.

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

HERE IT IS GUYS....I HP U CAN SEE WHERE MY VET OPEREATED HER....HER LINE CUT WAS NT THAT LONG BUT MAYBE MANY TIMES HAD TO SEW HER THAT BECAME LONGER....AND U WILL SEE A SMALL HOLE NEAR HER LEG WHERE ITS PINKISH...I HAD AL READY APPLIED HER MEDECINES ON IT AND THAT BLACK THNG IS BETADINE AND WHENEVER I APPLY CICATRIN WHICH IS A POWDER IT BECOMES AS IF I PUT CHARCOAL....ANDI DOIT EVERYTIME I SEE LITTLE WATER COMING OUT OF THE HOLE....N YA I HADMADE A CONE FOR HER BUT SHE DIDNT LIKE IT N WAS BEHAVING WEIRD SO I OPTED FOR A CLOTH WHICH I PUT AROUND HER NECK TO PREVENT HER FRM LICKING HER WOUND....I DNT KNW HW MANY DAYS THAT HOLE WILL TAKE TO HEAL HOPING FOR THE BEST...AND WHAT I NOTICED ISTHAT I CAN FEEL AND SENSE HER INTESTINES UNDER HER LEG WHERE THE WOUND IS...IS THAT NORMAL....??AND SHE IS JST EATING FOOD BT NT DRINKING ANYTHNG ONLY HER ANTIBIOTICS....THANK U GUYS FOR THE CONCERN....

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my goodness - I see what you speak of now. Your poor kitty has been through a great deal. This is going to take quite some time to heal. When you see what you call water coming out, as long as it's clear it's okay. The wound must drain as it heals so it does not get infected.

You say she is eating and using the litter box. This is a good sign. Most importantly, she must not go outside. She is getting water from the wet food. If she is really thirsty, she will drink from the water bowl.

She is on antibiotics, and looks healthy otherwise. It is unfortunate that the vet cut her on her side to perform a c-section and spay. It is not correct. Due to the fact she has been sewn over and over, she must grow new skin in order for this to heal. I believe it will heal, but I think it may take a few months. I suggest that she remain on the antibiotics for quite some time as well. I think infection is the biggest concern now. But doctors frequently leave even human wounds open to heal on their own. It is not pretty to look at, but in time does close up.

You must remain patient and continue to help your cat heal by keeping her inside and resting quietly and administering the antibiotics.

Last edited:

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
im jst worried and praying that her wound doesnt open again...its so stressful...as no 1 besides me look after her....and her intestines under her leg is worryng me alot....and there is little blood coming of the wound nt much....and a yellow  thing is coming out of the hole...i really hope the thread inside her has nt broken...im scared abt that hole....and give me an idea what to do to prevent her from licking the wound besides  a cone...thank u

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A cone is the only way to prevent her licking her wound.

A small amount of blood is not uncommon.

You really need to be aware that this may take quite awhile to fully close up.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well this is quite a mess.

The good thing is, from what I can see from the pictures, it does NOT appear to be infected, so you are doing a good job keeping it clean with the medicines.

Clavamox is good too, just be sure she stays on this for a while, you will need another supply of this just before it runs out.

Clavamox lasts for 12 hours, so it's important to give it every 12 hours as close to right at 12 hours as possible. You don't want to give bacteria a chance to start growing.

You seem very worried that the stitches will tear open again, the less she is able to move around, the more likely it is that they will stay in place.

If she is always licking or chewing at the wound, then she MUST wear a cone.

You can make one out of fabric, it's so much more comfortable to wear but still keep her from being able to clean the wound.

This is very important for her healing process.

Think about it like this.

She may not be happy caged or contained or wearing a cone, but she does not know that it is for her own good so this awful site can heal as soon as possible.

That is why you as an adult and her caregiver must decide that you know best, otherwise allowing her to tell you what she doesn't want, will only prolong this, and it will be some time before it is healed as it is, but too much activity and cleaning/chewing it will make this much longer.

She will not like it but will adjust and be much better off.

If you are concerned about her not drinking enough water, then add a little bit to her canned food.

Did she see the vet recently?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You think that you can currently see her intestines?  If so, she has to go back to the vet.

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I'm glad you showed us the pictures Yes it looks bad and there is a lot of healing that is needed. With medicine and keeping the wound clean she may be ok. The black spot below the incision doesn't look normal but will probably heal. Can we see the place where you are worried about the intestines? A photo of it?

Last edited:

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey guys i think the thread inside her broke....today morning i saw something poping out of that hole. and i had put it inside it was a small thing ive msg my vet nw waiting for his reply then we'll see what happens and what to do...i really cant understand if its so...i cant really describe it....she started drinking but nt pooping only she urinates....anyway ive shown u where the intestine is with my hand hp u clearly see it and tell me y its there thank you....

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That may be a build up of fluid or something else. Either way the vet needs to help you. I'd think if it was her intestines should wouldn't let you touch her like she actually looks happy you are touching her there. I hope the vet answers you soon!!!

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
no its her intestines i can feel it....and its swelling more....my vet phone is unreachable whenever he is at work he doeant take anyone's call....smthng came out of that hole like a flesh or tissue its red and soft   smthng like that

aash

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my vet told me that he cant doanything now her muscles or tissue have broken that's why her intestines are there and its nt the actual place where it shud have been....the way the vet talked to mewas hurting he said that i was at fault i cudnt take care of my cat  she shud have stayed in a limited place bt i ddnt do so....i knw hw difficult it was to handle my cat alone had to bear everythng with her but mayb i cudnt fulfil my responsibilities of taking care of my cat...its over now...nothing can be done....she will have to stay like that...i cant afford another vet nw...maybe the next time i'll come over here will b with my cat death news...i knw she wont survive....its so painful to hear from others that u have nt taken care of ur pets well.....THANK YOU all for ur support...i'll do what i can for my cat till she is alive!!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds possible that her muscles could be reinforced with a mesh. If not, if she's in pain and waiting to die, it might be kinder to put her down.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually, it is atrocious to me that the vet sliced the side of her wide open to remove the stuck kitten, if you want my honest opinion, I have never in my life and experience seen any vet ever do something so extreme and ridiculous.

I think what he means by your fault is that she really needs to be contained in a cage so she has limited movement.

I don't see how she will be able to heal correctly without this, please see what you can do to get her contained.

She obviously can break out of a cardboard box, she needs a cage, or even a large dog grate or carrier.

Big enough for her to lay down and have a litterbox and food in it too.

Is there someone you can ask for help with this, and getting her in to it without her further injuring herself?

There is just no reason this should end up taking her life. 

Her intestines or whatever organ that is you are showing us should not be loose like that, and perhaps it is because the vet cutting in to her side like he did.

I also suggest that you not touch and feel her intestines anymore, hopefully they will retract and heal in to the correct position as her side heals.

Last edited:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

my vet told me that he cant doanything now her muscles or tissue have broken that's why her intestines are there and its nt the actual place where it shud have been....the way the vet talked to mewas hurting he said that i was at fault i cudnt take care of my cat  she shud have stayed in a limited place bt i ddnt do so....i knw hw difficult it was to handle my cat alone had to bear everythng with her but mayb i cudnt fulfil my responsibilities of taking care of my cat...its over now...nothing can be done....she will have to stay like that...i cant afford another vet nw...maybe the next time i'll come over here will b with my cat death news...i knw she wont survive....its so painful to hear from others that u have nt taken care of ur pets well.....THANK YOU all for ur support...i'll do what i can for my cat till she is alive!!
No matter what happens, none of this was your fault. You went for help when your cat was ill and the assumed Vet for the lack of a better word, cut into your cat. I wonder if somehow the vet could fix a brace for her to wear much like a girdle. I had a kitten that had a large umbilical hernia and he had to wear a brace until he was old enough for repair surgery. I wonder if it would be applicable in this case? Before you wrap anything, see the vet first. I'm very sorry that your poor cat was treated this way. I think you might have to ask yourself if she has any quality of life left? Does she like to eat and can use her litter pan alright? Does she find any joy in what she used to do before this happened? Such as playing or laying in a sun puddle?

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry this is happening for you and your cat, and with so little support from the vet.   I agree with others, you should not be told this was your fault.  Continue to do everything you can for this cat, she needs you being strong for her and looking out for her as you have been doing.  If there is any way you can try to contain her more try to do that, but I too wonder if there is some way to help her with some kind of external support like a brace - like you used to hear about doctors doing for people who had hernias.   It would be important to find a way to do this safely to make sure the support did not cause further problems with pressure too tight or in the wrong places, or potentially slowing further the healing of her wound, but there could still be a way of doing it to help hold her organs in place.

Also important to keep up with the other treatments like you are doing, and to watch her carefully and make sure she does have a quality of life without too much pain.  You are doing well with little support, hang in there.   You have some wonderful people supporting you here even if they are not able to be close beside you and your cat.