Is my cat pregnant ?

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As she just delivered she probably is very tired. You can carefully put new bedding down over the messes as you will not be able to change the bedding unless molly leaves the nest to eat you will have to throw out the bedding anyway i have found that if you happen to be there when a kitten messes maybe putting the bottom end to Molly will give her the idea to clean up. The messes on the bedding will have to wait until later.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you very proud of her. She did fantastic and still is . Only thing is she crying alot when she comes away from kittens and seeking my attention lots of meows is this normal.shes licking her glands and bits alot .shes not liking me close to kittens at moment as moved her earlier due to kids and wooden floor boards . So I'm staying well back for the moment

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you very proud of her. She did fantastic and still is . Only thing is she crying alot when she comes away from kittens and seeking my attention lots of meows is this normal.shes licking her glands and bits alot .shes not liking me close to kittens at moment as moved her earlier due to kids and wooden floor boards . So I'm staying well back for the moment
The mom seeking the owners attention is very common.  What baffles me, is such an attention seeking mom usually gladely accepts the owner is also at her nest, and helps with the kittens if need be, or handles them.

The easiest solution is thus, the owner IS there, perhaps has hers sleeping bag at the nest...

Wanting both attention but simultaneously dont wanting you near the nest is less usual.

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mollys been very good at moment allowing me to place kitten on nipples and even purring and happy for me to drop off her food and to watch kittens to see how there doing . I think I just upset her to much earlier but sadly had no choice to move them into a safe place was worried about kittens getting hurt and cold. When molly had her kittens she was under my son's Bed on wooden floor boards I tried placing blankets but kittens kept slipping on floor and getting cold . Thank you to the helpers .I shall write in detail in what happened and went on in mollys birth to her kittens to save me feeling like I'm being judged. Mum and kittens very happy and safe and warn

Last edited by a moderator:

haze

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awww they are too cute. You can clearly see which one the right of the litter is. Omg....so adorably, tiny. Congrats too the family again.

haze

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mollys been very good at moment allowing me to place kitten on nipples and even purring and happy for me to drop off her food and to watch kittens to see how there doing . I think I just upset her to much earlier but sadly had no choice to move them into a safe place was worried about kittens getting hurt and cold. When molly had her kittens she was under my son's Bed on wooden floor boards I tried placing blankets but kittens kept slipping on floor and getting cold . Thank you to the helpers .I shall write in detail in what happened and went on in mollys birth to her kittens to save me feeling like I'm being judged. Mum and kittens very happy and safe and warn

runt of litter not right..sorry....spell check, lol

Last edited by a moderator:

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can someone help me pls . One of mollys kittens isn't eating . Or making crying noises when it looks like it's crying . It seems lifeless what can I do

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can someone help me pls . One of mollys kittens isn't eating . Or making crying noises when it looks like it's crying . It seems lifeless what can I do
If there is some serioous fault, she may be a goner whatever you do.  But fight on as long you can - they can often be saved.

First, make sure she is warm and comfy.  If necessary, warm her up activly,  by kangaroo.carrying  or with some sort of heater pad.

Second, be sure she isnt dehydrated.  Give water in the corner of the mouts, tummy down, head up, with a syringe or a dropper.  Careful.

Third, you can give some glucose sugar on her gum. Brand name may be dextrose or dextropur.  If you dont have it, white caro syrup or honey shall works.

This you can do also if she isnt properly warm.

Has she eliminated lately?  Sometimes lack of elimination makes them seem fading...

With more instructions I wait on your response and further reports.

But be prepared to feed her yourself.

Last edited:

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
have you also checked to see if the tummy is full or empty? Nursing supplies are available in most pet stores and pet departments. you have to be careful when feeding as I have 2 cats with breathing issues because they were fed to fast. keep up up dated please

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've got kitten milk from vet I'm just about to try feeding. She's very weak at moment . I'll keep you posted xx Thank you for your help

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ok becare full if you see milk coming out of the mouth the nipple hole is to big. you can always make the hole bigger but will have to get new nipple if it is to large.

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kitten won't drink. Hardly moving . Molly doesn't seemed fussed when I hold it but does with the others ones. I don't know what else to do for it

silverphoenix69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She won't take the bottle? Only thing you can do is keep the kitten warm, keep an eye on its colour and breathing. If it's cold it won't take the bottle or feed. If Molly isn't concerning herself with it, she might know it's sick and concentrating on her other healthy kittens

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
are you using a dropper you can put a small amount of milk at the back of the mouth you should be able to feel a heart beat support the head like a newborn. sometimes nature takes it course when the baby cannot survive keep trying

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sometimes the mommy will know when something is wrong and will reject the kitten to give the other kittens the needed milk keep trying you will need to keep the baby warm and try to get it to eat sugar on the gums milk on the back of the mouth is very small amounts. Prepare your self. Try and explain to your son that this is how nature takes it course some do not live as she had 2 empty sacks she had 2 others that did not make it. keep tabs on the heart beat and breathing. It might be a short time before they stop if the damage is to big. It is sad take heart that you did your best. I will be away from my computer working I will try and check my emails and reply if possible.

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Using the bottle . Is normal honey ok to use and how much pls . It's the runt that's poorly bless it

haze

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Using the bottle . Is normal honey ok to use and how much pls . It's the runt that's poorly bless it
please make sure if you hand feed, do not put kitten on back. You must keep kitty in safe position she would be if she were eating from mommy. If not, it can actually go down the wrong way and cause pneumonia which most likely, will be fatal.Also it will not eat if she's cold.. Hypothermia is very common with runs who are not eating. Keep on heading pad if necessary. I would be afraid to try but I even heard of older generations keeping new liters in low temp oven.Stefan Z....thank Yippy for the purraisils. Not sure if I spelled that right. Not even show if this is the prophet place tho thank you. Not actually show WHERE to do anything. I have a question and I think and how I started my own thread, lol. Thank again

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its easier with a needleless syringe.  Or even a dropper.  You can use honey, enough with just some on the gum, it gives some streng and buys you time.