Is my cat pregnant ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone I'm in need of advice yet again . 2 kittens have been rehomed but buster we have kept he is now 11 and a half weeks and he keeps going back to mummy's milk . He has always only liked dry food and now won't eat kitten dry food only adult ( i have other cats ) and wetted down kitten dry food. But won get off mum and is now refusing food for mums milk I have no problem in him still feeding from mum and mum doesn't mind but buster is resisting full weaning .pets at home have told me I can't get molly fixed until a week of dryed up milk :( .buster is the white boy . With different coloured eyes xc

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You'll either have to wait it out or separate them. I cannot believe that at almost 12 weeks he eats nothing but mom's milk. Surely he needs more nutrition than that at his age!

Have you offered wet cat food in the can to him?

If you want to move this along you'll have to separate him from mom and leave him with kitten food. He's not ready for "adult" food yet. He still needs more calories and vitamins and minerals.

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The only food I can get down him other than mums milk is watered down kitten dry food or adult dry food . I've tried everything and every type wet and dry he will only those 2. I thought it was pure comfort on mums milk but over the last week he's been refusing food for milk

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've tried putting down just kitten dry and wet and he won't eat it . I add water and he eats a little of dry.but more interested in adult dry food . We t eat wet food and never has done even though offered.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
When did his siblings leave? Were they eating well before they left?

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They left 2 weeks ago .They were feeding on there own and not on mum at all for 3 weeks .Buster didn't start weaning till 6 weeks ish and only ate dry straight away

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does the mommy have milk? I had one kitten that even suckles now and his is 13 years old. I would check to see if mommy has milk you can check this by checking the teats if they are full then she is still producing. It could be that he is suckling not really getting any thing from mommy. You might have to separate them if the mommy does not have milk and he is still suckling.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, I don't understand why he's gone off his solid food altogether. Perhaps he needs to see the vet.