Is my cat pregnant ?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I myself seldom go by by pics, as they are unreliable witnesses.

Do you know when she mated?

Do you know when her teats become changed color into strong pink / rosy?

Do you feel / see the kittens move, and from when?

Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I first noticed nipples very large and rose about a week or so ago and she started to get rounder in the tummy about the same time . Have no idea when she was mated xx

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haven't felt kittens move but I'm sure i can feel kittens .but cant feel kittens moving

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I first noticed nipples very large and rose about a week or so ago and she started to get rounder in the tummy about the same time . Have no idea when she was mated xx
they get rosy and bigger at 3 weeks preg, and you begin to feel them move at about 7 weeks preg, so  a guess may be she is in 4-5 week now...  Preg is usually about 65 days,

Good luck!

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to updated . Have just got back from the vets my molly is 4-5 weeks pregnant with 3-4 kittens x thank you everyone for your help

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wonder if someone can give me some advice please . The vet told me about 2 weeks ago that molly was 4-5 weeks pregnant. Today I've seen kitten movement. How long roughly does she have left please. She's very restless and eating and drinking and sleeping alot . Thank you in advance

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I wonder if someone can give me some advice please . The vet told me about 2 weeks ago that molly was 4-5 weeks pregnant. Today I've seen kitten movement. How long roughly does she have left please. She's very restless and eating and drinking and sleeping alot . Thank you in advance
It seems to go exactly according to the timetable and the plans.

At about 7 weeks you will feel / see them move, and its about 2 weeks still to the finish line.   :)

The restlessness is prob because its quite uncomfortably for her.  And she keps to be awaked by them moving when she is taking her naps.

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much . What size of nest will she need please

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Getting worried ..... molly usually very vocal has gone very quiet . Very tired sleeping all time.also pooping alot

Last edited:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably getting ready to have them then. Do you have a nest area all set up? Are you ready in case a kitten gets stuck? I wish you the best of luck with them, please keep us posted and please consider having her spayed when all the kittens are weaned. 

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All set and ready for kittens arrival. No sign yet .She will be spayed when kittens are weaned. Thank you for yours advice x

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can someone give me some advice pls . Just checked molly and she has a clear sticky discharge. Is this normal ? She's still eatting and drinking . Kittens have moved lot today X

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you been taking her temp My mother was a breeder and she would keep tabs on the temp so she knew when to be ready. from my experience if she is cleaning herself then it might be about time.

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not taken temp too scared to incase I hurt her. Is the discharge normal pls

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, if there is a lot, her water may have broke. Please keep us posted.

metcalfe1987

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well From discharge to nesting and heavy breathing and stomach tightness .cleaning and lots of sleeping and eatting and discharge seems to have dryed and stopped. False alarm :(

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some of the cats might have stomach tightness for a while If my calculation of the time line then you should be at 8 weeks preg is 65 days which is 8 weeks and 5 days. of course that is only an estimate as you dont know when she was impregnated. The last week they will be restless as the kittens want to come out and meet mommy.