I Don't Know What To Do! - Updated

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Poor kitty. I'm sure it's due to untreated infection. This is so sad.

This is the reason the cycle of breeding needs to stop because things like this happen when cats don't get the vet care they need. :(

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think inbreeding can cause problems too. We had a cat that was inbred and he was never right in the head. He acted terrified of us his entire life, even though he was born in our house and we tried to love him so much. It was heartbreaking. He lived 15 years and hated us the entire time. His parents were brother and sister.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sad news everyone. One of Lady's kittens is almost dead. I don't know what's wrong or why or what happened but hes gasping for air and I can't do anything to help him. I'm bawling like a baby. Anyone have a good name I can give him? I really wish God would take him he's been doing this for 5 hours and is almost done.
20170611_221040.jpg

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor baby! Would Lysine powder in his food help this at all?
I don't know but ill try anything. I mean it's like He walks around and feels with his whiskers. And smells a lot with his nose. I actually think he was born blind there are no pupils it looks like. He had no response to light what-so-ever

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread was very frustrating for me to read. Please please please put your momma cats in a room away from intact males, and a room that they cannot go outside. It also would be helpful if you can separate the sick ones away from the others. I think the windows should come closed altogether- letting the outside cats come in and out as they please might seem like you are being nice to them, however you are introducing all of the cats to a whole bunch of diseases. Please reach out to whatever rescue groups you can about them helping you spay/neuter these cats. There IS help out there. As hard as it is to see- feeding the strays is not always a good thing. If you are unable to get them spayed then you are just creating a bigger problem- as it seems like you are seeing now.

As for the kitten you just posted about, can you rub honey on his gums? Can you supplement feed him? It seems like he probably was the runt and was being bullied off of the nipples from the bigger kittens.

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok the baby kitten died. . I'm not sure what's wrong with Lady. She is feeding her kittens but she will not clean them at all. So I'm using a different warmwash cloth for each kitten and giving them a bath

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a rescue group near you.. Countryside Animal Rescue. Please email them, their email is [email protected] explain to them your situation, and that you are in desperate need for some assistance with spaying these cats. Or if you want we can reach out to them and see if they can help.

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found a rescue group near you.. Countryside Animal Rescue. Please email them, their email is [email protected] explain to them your situation, and that you are in desperate need for some assistance with spaying these cats. Or if you want we can reach out to them and see if they can help.
That would be wonderful I really wouldn't know what to say to them. I would really appreciate that if you could do that for me. It would mean a lot. More than you probably know.

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think inbreeding can cause problems too. We had a cat that was inbred and he was never right in the head. He acted terrified of us his entire life, even though he was born in our house and we tried to love him so much. It was heartbreaking. He lived 15 years and hated us the entire time. His parents were brother and sister.
None of them are inbred though. The only 2 that are related is Rose and Roberta they're sisters. And now one of Roberta's kittens is dying. It has to do with whatever illness thdy all have now. I'm thinking it's an URI that all the adults have and now the kittens are getting it and dying

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who are the fathers of the kittens though? If none of the kittens get fixed, they are bound to mate with their brothers.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How wonderful that ashade1 ashade1 is offering to reach out to a rescue group for J Jessica923 .

I hope help can be organized, as this is an increasingly sad and frustrating situation with more and more cats and kittens at every turn becoming sick and dying, going blind, and receiving no care.

Spaying, neutering, vaccines, and overall vet care are essential to preventing ongoing breeding and disease.

ashade1 ashade1 Thank you and please let us know how this goes.

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Who are the fathers of the kittens though? If none of the kittens get fixed, they are bound to mate with their brothers.
There are a lot of male strays outside of my house. My neighbor Jack and the guy behind him feeds them. Those are the daddys

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How wonderful that ashade1 ashade1 is offering to reach out to a rescue group for J Jessica923 .

I hope help can be organized, as this is an increasingly sad and frustrating situation with more and more cats and kittens at every turn becoming sick and dying, going blind, and receiving no care.

Spaying, neutering, vaccines, and overall vet care are essential to preventing ongoing breeding and disease.

ashade1 ashade1 Thank you and please let us know how this goes.
I really hope they get to me soon cause I really don't want to watch another one die.

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jessica923 is there any way you could send them a quick email yourself also?

I know you've said you wouldn't know what to say but really you've already said it all in this thread. If you have a minute to quickly go through what you've written and literally simply copy and paste a few of your sentences that explain the main points into an email to the address given. Bullet point it even. You could even send some of your photos give already posted. And then just maybe include your address and phone number. This I'm guessing is information that ashade1 might not have which might be hindering their ability to contact you. Give them every opportunity you have for them to contact you.

These people want to help. I know rescues can get busy so it can sometimes take a while to respond or get on their priority list, which I think is why an email from you yourself might just help also.

The email doesn't have to be long - in fact sometimes brevity and important information is even better. They do need to know it's urgent though.

Best of luck, we hate to see you and your kitties suffering. I'm not on my laptop at the moment but once I am if it's of any help I can go through your posts and pick out relevant information for you? I've no problem doing this - I only worry that you need to contact these people ASAP and I might not have laptop access until later today.

Let us know how it goes.