I Don't Know What To Do! - Updated

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ah, I was typing as you responded! Well done on getting in touch. Give them a quick Google and see if you can find a phone number.

Edit to say I'm confusing who got in touch. Hopefully contact can be made with them!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I was unable to get a hold of the original rescue. I am expanding my search and reaching out to some others. J Jessica923 I messaged you a few days ago to get your phone number and address. Could you please send that to me? I reached out to a few more rescues today, maybe they can work together to help your colony!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jessica923 is there any way you could send them a quick email yourself also?

I know you've said you wouldn't know what to say but really you've already said it all in this thread. If you have a minute to quickly go through what you've written and literally simply copy and paste a few of your sentences that explain the main points into an email to the address given. Bullet point it even. You could even send some of your photos give already posted. And then just maybe include your address and phone number. This I'm guessing is information that ashade1 might not have which might be hindering their ability to contact you. Give them every opportunity you have for them to contact you.

These people want to help. I know rescues can get busy so it can sometimes take a while to respond or get on their priority list, which I think is why an email from you yourself might just help also.

The email doesn't have to be long - in fact sometimes brevity and important information is even better. They do need to know it's urgent though.

Best of luck, we hate to see you and your kitties suffering. I'm not on my laptop at the moment but once I am if it's of any help I can go through your posts and pick out relevant information for you? I've no problem doing this - I only worry that you need to contact these people ASAP and I might not have laptop access until later today.

Let us know how it goes.
Sorry I haven't been on, my internet was down for a couple of days, just saw all these s. That would be helpful for you to do that. I'm not that computer smart lol. But everything will help right now. I have 2 more kittens that have the URI now and they're on the verge of dying. I'm losing my mind here. It's Roberta's last 2 kittens. I would hate to see all her babies die when she fought so hard to stay alive for them.

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats Haven
I just reached out to this group. They look to have a very nice facility. The problem is I know how full everyone is right now with kitten season. I am just hoping they can at least help with vet care!
I really hope they can. Have you heard anything yet?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know Lysine can help with URI, but is it safe to give to kittens? Does anyone know? The powder is really cheap, $10 for the Now Foods one and it probably would last like a year. But, like I said, I don't know if it's safe for kittens, but I think it would be since it's just an amino acid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know Lysine can help with URI, but is it safe to give to kittens? Does anyone know? The powder is really cheap, $10 for the Now Foods one and it probably would last like a year. But, like I said, I don't know if it's safe for kittens, but I think it would be since it's just an amino acid.
I don't know I will call the vet today when they open and ask them though

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry I haven't been on, my internet was down for a couple of days, just saw all these s. That would be helpful for you to do that. I'm not that computer smart lol. But everything will help right now. I have 2 more kittens that have the URI now and they're on the verge of dying. I'm losing my mind here. It's Roberta's last 2 kittens. I would hate to see all her babies die when she fought so hard to stay alive for them.
Hi J Jessica923 , no problem at all. Here is a quick email that you might copy and paste and send around to as many shelter email addresses you can find on the internet. Then follow up sending the emails with a phone call – sometimes emails can get overlooked – contact places as often as you can and if they can’t help, ask them where they would recommend contacting next. Keep pushing.

I’ve taken the words below from the various posts on this thread – and have plagerised a bit from others, I hope that’s O.K…. if I have picked up any of it incorrectly please correct – and I’m not the best myself at composing emails so if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to add.

The information you need to put in Jessica923 (where I’ve put the Xs) is the name of the organisation you’re emailing at the top of the email, where you live, and also give as many ways possible that they can contact you – not just your email address but phone numbers (house/mobile) etc.. You might also want to include some photos of the sicker cats.

Just a thought also – the vet that you’ve been in contact with – would he/she have any idea of anywhere you could get in touch with..?

Dear X,

I am writing to you as I urgently need some help and advice. I have been trying to help with stray and pregnant cats in my area but things have begun to get overwhelming and there now seems to be some infection that is catching and have left some of my cats dead and leaving others incredibly sick.

To explain my situation, I live in X and have eight intact cats that I feed and that come into my house, males and females. Three of these eight cats have had new litters of kittens. There are also other intact cats that stay outside.

Due to one of the mother cats (Roberta) being seriously ill and at one stage close to dying I have another recent mother (Lady) now nursing two sets of kittens. Since Lady has been taking care of Roberta's kittens Roberta has brought two other kittens to the house and I don't know whose they are. I also think Roberta might still have a kitten inside of her.

Lady also isn’t well, her eyes are running and it seems to be spreading to the kittens, one has already recently died and another seems to be having difficulty breathing. I also think one of the kittens Roberta brought back to the house is blind and seems to have infected eyes.

I am worried there is an infectious virus going around. I'm trying everything I can but seems like I'm getting nowhere.

I don’t have a car nor do I have funds available to me. I've filled out multiple applications for help with the cats for vet care but get turned down or no response. My closest clinic to me is 33 miles away. I’m pretty much alone in all this.

I don't want my cats to suffer and be in pain, but I have no other choice right now. I would be incredibly grateful for your help with my situation – or to be pointed in the right direction.

I look forward to hearing from you. My address and phone number is X. Thanks for your time.

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was unable to get a hold of the original rescue. I am expanding my search and reaching out to some others. J Jessica923 I messaged you a few days ago to get your phone number and address. Could you please send that to me? I reached out to a few more rescues today, maybe they can work together to help your colony!

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry my phone has been broke for a few days.

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
J Jessica923

Have you reached out to any rescues yourself?

You really need to get proactive here yourself to help these cats. It would help if a rescue could even take some of them.
Yes I have but the ones around here are full and cannot take anymore cats

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
But a quick update. Robertas last 2 kittens passed away last night together at the same time almost, it was a matter of seconds apart, she now has none of her own left, but is now taking care of a litter of outside kittens we she's sharing with the original momma cat.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What happened to the 2 kittens that Roberta brought home from somewhere?

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Every rescue group I have contacted is full and do not have enough volunteers or funding to help (which I definitely understand) :( I am still looking around... Something has to give here! I wish we were closer to you!
So do you have a car? I can't remember if you said you did or didn't.