I Don't Know What To Do! - Updated

Alypashong01

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Such a sad situation. I understand financial problems I just hope nobody didn't go out looking to adopt or purchase an animal knowing they couldn't provide proper care I understand wanting to help animals and I don't know this situation at all I just hope people would stop looking for pets when they can't provide proper care. They are taking them from possible homes who can provide this. Like I said I don't know the situation or how this cat came about if she was a feral etc but in those cases no kill shelters and fosters are best bc they can provide proper care until the cat can be safely homed. I hope this cat is ok and that there are not more in the home infections can spread easily I'd hate to see more innocent pets catch whatever is going on. In my prayers

JessicaAnn923

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is jessica923 from June. I can't access my old account so I made a new one which is this one JessicaAnn923. I have updates on the kitties

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi J JessicaAnn923 can you please check your inbox? Sounds like you need to select the "forgot password" option on your old account so we can help you login.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Jessica, I just finished reading your thread. Sounds like you indeed were put through the wringer a few months ago. Are you now re-settled in your new place and what is the "cat situation" all these months later. So good you reached back out to us. As you can see, we have members that have been concerned about you.;) And now that I know about you, you have one more!;);)

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:cold::cloudy: I am so devastated...I am writing for Jessica..Some of the cats were taken in as barn cats; in the fall, all looked well. But Monday when Jessica went to drop off donated food, she was met with starving cats who were clawing at the bags of food and fighting at each other. Only one of Jessica's cats was alive. The woman who took over the cats was very defensive; snatched the bags of food, threw them on the back porch and ordered Jessica off the property. Out of cell minutes, Jessica drove to a wifi hotspot and emailed the sheriff's office. The woman also called the cops claiming that Jessica tried to steal cats. The deputy was shown the bags of food on the back porch; he told Jessica to stay away and will be arrested if she goes on the woman's street. But the matter has been assigned to a detective who will be contacting Jessica to get it sorted out. I am hoping that i did not delete Jessica"s texts about the barn cat situation so we can prove that they were Jessica"s cats (although only Fluffy remains). Jessica's aunt made the original arrangements.
On a happier note: we were able to get enough money together to surrender a few cats plus a mama cat with kittens to the humane society. There are still 4 cats living in a shed. There were 5 but a private rescue agreed to take in the pregnant mom for the $40 surrender fee. The rescuer took the mama kitty for her vet check; she got antibiotic for uri and there are 4 babies due soon.
There are 4 more cats living in an abandoned house that Jessica feeds and waters. She made them shelters and takes them warmed blankets, even if it means walking in sub-freezing IN temps for 45 min (when she doesn't have car fuel). Hopefully, we will get up more surrender fees and get the remaining cats placed in the no-kill.
The sickest cat was Keshu - Jessica's relative took Keshu to their vet who removed tumors from Keshu's throat. So Keshu is doing well so far; she lives with Jessica at a relative's house (that house already has plenty of cats, all spayed/neutered/vaccinated - thank God!)
I will keep you all posted on any developments, especially the barn cat situation!
FYI: I am in California so Jessica & I communicate via text and videochat; that is a challenge but the internet makes it all doable.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so sad! Thank you for helping her. You are an angel. And thank you Jessica for trying to help these cats.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please do keep us updated. The barn cat situation is very sad. Cats who are accustomed to being fed do poorly when put out on their own, especially in sub-freezing temperatures. :(