I Don't Know What To Do! - Updated

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Jessica. Any updates? Is Roberta still alive? Were you able to get any of the cats spayed yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
0815172025d.jpg
0815172022c.jpg
0806172322.jpg
0815172025.jpg
0815172023.jpg
Update and photos! Ok so I have a new phone finally so I can get on here more. But anyway, here is an update on all my kitties. Roberta is alive and doing great! Sadly all her kittens passed away but she did go out and grab 4 kittens from some other cats litter. Sadly again the 2 Grey kittens died but the 2 calico kittens made it and they're doing great! They're names are Kicho and Miku. they're Japanese names and the first means perfect and the 2nd means beautiful.
And here's Roberta!!!
0806172322.jpg
This Kicho
0815172025d.jpg

And this is Miku
0815172022c.jpg

Now Rose had 4 kittens but 2 died a d the 2 Grey kittens are doing great!
Here is Rose
0815172025.jpg

And this is Her First kitten Ack.
0815172023.jpg

And this is Fluffy.
0725171310.jpg

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, what a group of adorable kitties! Sending prayers and vibes that your gofundme page does well and we can help you get Rose and Roberta spayed soon and then help get the rest of the cats fixed and vaccinated. Thank you for the update - it is an amazing miracle that you saved Roberta! Those other kittens were likely orphans whose mother wasn't able to come back.
:vibes::vibes::vibes:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes::vibes:Prayers and vibes that your gofundme gets fabulous results. I know how scarce dollars are, and, truth be told, you are dealing with community cats so except for maybe Roberta, the funding should come from the community and cat lovers everywhere who wish to make a difference in an area of great need, such as yours.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Once you begin feeding strays and they come into your home and breed, they also become your responsibility to spay and neuter.

Surely one of these clinics is workable.

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is Lady.
0815172026a.jpg

And out of the 5 kittens she had only 1 survived. And this is her kitten Junior.
23e7527a-811e-4783-9232-6994c20e7a0c.jpg.jpg

And this is Lilly
FB_IMG_1497115853000.jpg

and out of the 6 kittens she had, only 1 is still alive but I'm not sure if he will make it or not. I named him Mikey
0815172027.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you sure you don't have distemper going around, the virus is almost impossible to destroy and spreads quickly. I watched whole families die a few years ago, it is so heartbreaking. Can you bring a sick kitten in when you bring the others to be spayed to test for it? At least you would know what you are up against, but it would be hard to isolate the sick ones. My heart goes out to you, I'll pray for it to get better.

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are you sure you don't have distemper going around, the virus is almost impossible to destroy and spreads quickly. I watched whole families die a few years ago, it is so heartbreaking. Can you bring a sick kitten in when you bring the others to be spayed to test for it? At least you would know what you are up against, but it would be hard to isolate the sick ones. My heart goes out to you, I'll pray for it to get better.
I think that's what it might be. Even my step mother said the same thing because she just went through that with 5 litters of kittens. They live out in the country. But thank you for the prayers. Its weird though because only the female kittens have passed away. Not the males.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many females do you have? If you could get them spayed first, that would help a lot with the endless litters of kittens.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is okay to repeat the mantra "get the cats spayed" but:The situation in many rural areas is that cats are considered vermin. The animal control agencies are so overwhelmed that they will either turn animals away or euthanize perfectly good cats in order to make room for the ferals who in turn will be put down. These rural areas also are typically low income with a low tax base so there is simply no funding for services of any kind, let alone S/N for cats. The cats who survive do so by ekeing out a pathetic existence feeding on bugs, insects, reptiles, rodents and birds - hard on the wildlife, harder on the cats; some survive and perpetuate the miserable cycle. SO, is there an answer? YES! By enlisting the efforts of the locals (boots on the ground) to do the feeding, transport and S/N/V, and asking our Facebook friends to donate either to a crowdfunding campaign or to donate directly to the vet office, we can create solutions to fix the problems!
Lily, Lady and Junior are adorable! Now that we have seen the faces, maybe we can all help to solve the problem. :catrub::catrub::vibes::vibes::vibes:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jessica, I just read the sad update on your GoFundMe. I'm so sorry that you got evicted. I had a feeling this would happen once the cats kept multiplying, I have seen this happen before. I hope you can get help from Social Services to find a new home. Please call a rescue and let them know about the cats, please don't just leave them to fend for themselves outside. I hope things get better for you, let us know how you are.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! I missed the update and cant seem to find it now... What is going on now?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know. She never came back to let us know how she is. On her GoFundMe, it said that she had to abandon all the cats outside because she was being evicted when her landlord found out.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's terrible! There were so many cats and kittens that depended on her for food, but the situation was definitely growing out of control.

Hopefully, we will hear an update on things at some future point.

Alypashong01

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use banfield they are great and affordable they have plans that you pay monthly around 20$ with an upfront sign up fee of 59$ but you never pay an office visit all shots and yearly testing. Also when a animal is ill you get discounts on the medication. It sounds like all the cats need medical care multiple deaths is never a good sign if one is sick chances are it will spread quickly. Maybe considering finding homes for some that way they can be helped and you can will be better able to help the ones you decide to keep I know this is hard but sometimes when there isn't enough to go around we must put the cats welfare before our feelings.

Last edited: